Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Megablox Summer Releases Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard Entertainment and Megablox have revealed the 2012 summer releases that include dragons, vehicles and more. The World of Warcraft blog is packed with images and information about the summer releases.

Buildable Deathwing and Stormwind. Will your Alliance heroes keep the world-breaker at bay or will he get his final, fiery laugh?  Includes exclusive Varian Wrynn and two additional faction figures with interchangeable gear.

Check it all out on the World of Warcraft blog.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

It is official. WoW is the KISS of the mmorpg genre. There is no denying it anymore.

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

lol, Megabloks.

• AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 334

I wan't WOW legos next.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Is your child too stupid for LEGO? Try Megabloks instead!

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Quite a butch nightelf they got there.

• oddbat1334oddbat1334 Member Posts: 33

Just no.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

It all makes sense now - Blizzard are 're-branding' WoW to appeal to a younger age group (age 8 to 14 years?)

It explains the Megablox.

It explains 'Mists of Pandera' which is all about fighing pandas.

It explains the simplification of the talent trees.

It explains why 'horror themes' such as Duskwood, Plaguelands, and the horror stories that went with them haven't been done in a 'stronger' form.

This is a far cry from WoW 2004, where the die-hard PvPers would get their kicks by ganking noobs in Ashenvale or Stranglethorn Vale without mercy.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Mega Blox! Just build and play!

... but only if you glue the pieces together!

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Cool, but does it come with it's own in-game mini-pet I wonder.

Okay, wait a second.  Is this a belated April Fools joke?

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

Cool, but does it come with it's own in-game mini-pet I wonder.

Okay, wait a second.  Is this a belated April Fools joke?

It was posted a day before april fools on blizzards site.

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

Lol, to cheap for proper lego.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Why could I think of nothing but warhammer when looking at those, so odd, I must be weird.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Kids KIds KIds

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Halo wars megablocks, star wars lego, gungans&ewoks, charr plush doll... Do that make sw:tor, swg, halo wars and gw2 games for kids too?
  • EmwynEmwyn Member Posts: 546

Originally posted by Mors.Magne

It all makes sense now - Blizzard are 're-branding' WoW to appeal to a younger age group (age 8 to 14 years?)

It explains why 'horror themes' such as Duskwood, Plaguelands, and the horror stories that went with them haven't been done in a 'stronger' form.

This is a far cry from WoW 2004, where the die-hard PvPers would get their kicks by ganking noobs in Ashenvale or Stranglethorn Vale without mercy.

I think you are right on target.

the poster formerly known as melangel :P

• logicwarlogicwar Member UncommonPosts: 69

wow minecraft is next right ?

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519

I'd agree that rebranding WoW to appeal to 8-14 year olds would make sense if the average player was 35-40, as then they not only tap in the kids, but the parents... but the average WoW player is 27. I don't know many 27 year olds with kids aged 8-14... 

TBH, I'm not sure Blizz really knows what it's doing right now. I think they are just stalling until Blizzcon 2013, when they announce Titan. 

• HurricanePipHurricanePip Member Posts: 167

Originally posted by Puremallace

It is official. WoW is the KISS of the mmorpg genre. There is no denying it anymore.

So true!  I'm not sure when it happened, but the movie execs and marketing folks took over the videogame industry.

If you don't worry about it, it's not a problem.

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

Man dont make me remember the best times i had in any game...and irl ..

• jl1089jl1089 Member Posts: 6

i want wow legos too!!!

• Zarine7Zarine7 Member UncommonPosts: 19

Originally posted by logicwar

wow minecraft is next right ?

Actually, they already announced Minecraft Legos.

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

I said last year it's over when blizzard bundles warcraft crayons in the next xpac. I guess this is the next best thing. it's over folks we now understand thier true motive with all the stupid childish stuff they have added over the years.

• Drekker17Drekker17 Member Posts: 296

That's cool I might get the Lich King, Orc, Worgen on gryphon and tauren with wyvern ones because the characters look really cute.

LOL at the haters, you know for a fact that you wouldn't be teasing any other game if it did the same thing, get off the hate wow bandwagon already, and you call wow childish...

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Drekker... either you're an extremely sad 20-year old who can't accept it or one of the newer hip all purple or Imma cry kids that made WoW the thing of beauty that it is today ( and by beauty I mean god awful shit worse than it was back in vanilla because in vanilla you at least felt you were progressing, now you can hit level 85 in a month, wtf? and before you cry "bittervet!" or something like that: I played WoW pre TBC for about 5 months and actually enjoyed it and post-Cata for about 25 days and absolutely hated it, thank christ I didn't pay for a year)