Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which games do you believe have the best music?

omega78omega78 Member UncommonPosts: 260

Greetings, well I've finally gotten around to posting this, its been on my mind for a bit. So let me cut right to the choice.

Which mmos do you believe have the more tantilizing musical scores? Which ones tickle your ears with delight?

Or, which ones did you enjoy the most? I've noticed music tends to be a bit more overlooked than other aspects of gaming in general, but it is also exceptionally crucial to setting the mood etc...before I ramble anymore than I already have...

Just state a game or  two or three and give a reason why (if you want)

My personal top two

Final Fantasy XI- Yeah, this is a given really. I feel that out of the series as a whole, I can recognize the tracks from this the easiest, not to mention the amount of tracks is rather numerous, and they maintain quality throughout.

Mabinogi- I give this my number one though. The music in Mabinogi is interesting to say the least, the themes for dungeoning and the generation bosses are top notch and vary from exciting to menacing, but there are quite a few hidden gems in areas that are hardly traveled, and that has to be my favorite thing about it.

So...lets see what the mmorpg community thinks about music.

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Final Fantasy XI

&

Guild Wars

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

WHAT????  Games have music? 

I jest of course but in all honesty I always turn the music off in MMOs and only keep ambiance and voices on.  I dont like music spoiling my immersion but thats just me.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777
    Vanguard saga of heros, FFxiv,FFxi and this one spot in DAOC lol.
  • KoruaKorua Member Posts: 14
    Age of Conan hands down.

Sometimes I would log in only to sit in an area with the music on loop while I worked on something afk.
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Vanguard. Veskels Exchange.

AoC, Connal's Valley.

Both were good enough I would stop and listen.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

MMORPG-wise: Guild Wars. Jeremy Soule gives me an audial chubb.

Non-MMORPG-wise: Rez HD. Area 5 alone is mind-blowing. (Pun intended.)

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

Being a big music lover the games that have the most emotive and thus best music are...

1: Age Of Conan

2: Lineage 2

3: Lord Of The Rings Online

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I actually really like the ambient music in PoE, probably the most memorable music for me of late.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    1. Age of Conan
    2. WoW
    3. GW1
    4. LOTRO
    5. EVE
    Worst music ever: any FF game mmo or single player ( or maybe Zelda)
  • logicwarlogicwar Member UncommonPosts: 69

Originally posted by Zylaxx

WHAT????  Games have music? 

I jest of course but in all honesty I always turn the music off in MMOs and only keep ambiance and voices on.  I dont like music spoiling my immersion but thats just me.

yep same. game music is on of the first things i turn of in new games.

• BoatsmateBoatsmate Member Posts: 208

"Zelda" had little diddys you would get stuck in your head and find yourself humming. Jesper Kidd, who along with an Eastern European orchestra did a lot of the score for WoW, has also done some hauntingly beautiful work in some older games like "Hitman", and some of the old console games. Those accapella chorus dirges you hear in WoW are an actual group of Monks who were so popular in the 80's their tapes sold well. It's an acquired taste I guess, like Wasabi.I like both.I hear some wonderful ,moody piano solos coming from GW2 previews. All what you like I guess. I have an ecletic taste in music it seems.

Ballerinas are always on their toes. Why don't they just get taller ballerinas?

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

The only mmorpg I actually bother to turn on the speaker is AoC.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Well not really MMORPG but Ive been listening to my custom list of Sonic music from Generations and Adventure 2. 

It keeps me awake and full of energy even if Ive been working for like...10 hours.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• omega78omega78 Member UncommonPosts: 260

Originally posted by Castillle

Well not really MMORPG but Ive been listening to my custom list of Sonic music from Generations and Adventure 2. 

It keeps me awake and full of energy even if Ive been working for like...10 hours.

Does Crush 40 still do Sonics music? If so, I can see why, they really are a talented group.

• EdeusEdeus Member CommonPosts: 506

I found the Aion music pretty good...  Otherwise no MMO music really stood out for me.

For games in general, FFVIII's opening music and Edea's Parade got me into epic choral music... that was 11 years ago now haha.

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

Age of Conan, hands down...

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

OK now mine is kinda odd. It music was not the best by any measure. I just felt liek it FIT. And i didn't turn it off (which i normally do). I really liked daocs music, why simply im out runnign around .. music music music, i run into a town , new music all fitting the settign pretty dam well. Plus i love the lore aspect to each.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• cure01cure01 Member UncommonPosts: 291

Any game where the music is produced and composed by Jeremy Soule

And World of Warcraft

Special mention Age of Conan

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Originally posted by omega78

Originally posted by Castillle

Does Crush 40 still do Sonics music? If so, I can see why, they really are a talented group.

Yep! They still do.

Also Id like to give huge props to FFX-2 music.  I love the poppy theme!

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

1. Rohan - barely played it but the little I did had me looking up the music, it is great, go listen if you haven't heard it? :)

2. Eve Online

3. Age of Conan

But still a special place in my heart for the theme on Dark Age of Camelot.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

MMO - DDO's tavern music.

SP - Chrono Trigger or Metroid Remixes.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• NightkinNightkin Member UncommonPosts: 48

Guidwars for sure -> Jeremy Soule

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Originally posted by rpgalon

image I was going to type exactly that...........................................................................................Oh F$%K IT! I will do it anyway.

Age of Conan, hands down.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Originally posted by spookydom

Originally posted by rpgalon

image I was going to type exactly that...........................................................................................Oh F$%K IT! I will do it anyway.

Age of Conan, hands down.

Ditto

• AndraxxAndraxx Member UncommonPosts: 256

1, Age of Conan

2. Vanguard

3. LOTRO

4. Anarchy Online

5. EVE