Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer 40k: Dark MIllenium, the single player/multiplayer RPG

I'll admit, my soul was slightly crushed after hearing about the "new direction" of DMO. A SciFi RPG with multiplayer component? 

Anyone want to take a guess on how that will work? The closest thing I can manage to compare that to is Mass Effect. Third person, RPG, cover based shooter. Now, while I find the idea of that level of depth in a 40k game to be incredibly uplifting, I wanted to play DMO for the MASSIVE HUGE PVP battles that only 40k could do. Tanks, Dreadnoughts, Titans. How will the multiplayer component work? How will the story line lead you to using these titanic weapons of war?

My theory: Singleplayer/Co-op campaign ala Neverwinter Nights (which isn't that bad of an idea.) For the Multiplayer side: Battlefield 40k.

Battlefield, frickin, 40k.

The races you play as are dependant on the maps you play. This means it is possible to play as Tyranids and Necrons. Each race is now officially it's own faction. Your character levels up as you play the multiplayer side of things ala BF3. You unlock new upgraded weapons and equipment, freely jump into and out of vehicles (except Dreadnoughts), you procure Bikes, Jetbikes, Thunderhawks, TITANS, PREDATORS, LEMAN RUSS TANKS, MAN THA' TURRETS, ROKKIT LAUNCHA, AHAHALKFJGALGJFAH..

....Ahem. Moving on.

I will still however miss the idea of a persistant world were thousands of other players are fighting along side (and against) my character. Either way, A whole new door opens when the MMO door shuts. We can only see where the current content is, and how it can translate into an actual story-driven campaign, with RPG elements...

Needing is Wanting...
Wanting is Coveting...
Coveting is Sinning...
I am SO going to Hell.

Comments