Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the heck, I can't enjoy other games after TERA.

Comments

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Originally posted by Nadya3

Originally posted by Ankur

Originally posted by Pivotelite

It's fine if he doesn't like the stories, good for him. But Sector literally has hundreds of posts in this TERA board telling TERA fans that TERA is not what they think it is or as good as what they think it is.

Plus the argument I had with the guy about SW:TORs stories was on the TERA board, on posts made by him, complaining about TERAs questing saying it's not as good as SW:TORs and that SW:TORs questing should be in TERA. So I am defending TERA, a game I like, on TERAs discussion board, saying that I wouldn't want SW:TORs questing in TERA.

Sector does not post about any game he loves, and spends his time telling TERA fans the game is not this or that and the other.

Umm nope.

Sector has devoted his entire life existance into Bashing Tera.   this is why he has 0 Credibility.   you will find him, in every single Tera thread here bashing and trying to belittle  the game.     as soon he finds someone posting how he or she likes the game, he goes in right away as fast as he can, and try way, way too hard to discourage that person.

i bet you anything he is a paid employee from NCsoft.   is just way too obvious.

i give Sector some credit though,  thanks to him  i won't even consider buying GW2.

so he is iether a paid employee from a competitive game company,  or someone with some deep and mega serious mental issues.  nothing in between

You're not considering buying GW2 because of some random guy.

Okay.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by WizGamer

I don't get it at all.

Tera doesn't have the most awesome featurelist out of MMOs coming out, but after playing four CBT events, nothing else seems to compare.

I recently tried RaiderZ and Dragon Nest (both frequently mentioned F2P comparisons), along with Path of Exile, and another mmo (in CBT with NDA). But I can't stand playing these games more than an hour before they bore me to tears. I can't seem to capture the same excitement I had playing TERA or same awe when looking around the world. I can't even imagine playing SWTOR anymore. The combat is just so lackluster, and I don't feel like I'm constantly fighting for my life. I can't describe the feeling I had when I took down my first basilisk and barely backstepped out of the way as he charged me. It was crazy exciting. Fun is an understatement. 

Now,  I'm wary that TERA may be ONLY combat, which sucks because eventually I do get tired of playing. After several hours, my hands feel worn and I feel drained. But then if I play any other MMORPGs, they just aren't satisfying viscerally. It's an awkward place to be. I hope they add more to the crafting system and add some fluff features like fishing etc.

BTW: This is not an April Fools Troll.

Grats sounds like you found a game to enjoy long term.  Wish you well :)

The game isnt for me though but I have no problem with someone enjoying another.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

I don't really think Sector has anything to do with GW2/NCsoft, I just think that's crazy speculations. Also, the only thing that would scare me from GW2 are the twelve year olds all over every video on youtube talking about GW2 not having a sub while revolutionizing gaming on Rift, WoW, SW:TOR and TERA videos lol.

That being said, I will most likely play GW2, depends what my guild is doing once it releases, i'm sure that will be in late June minimum, but I expect July, so we'll probably play that for a bit before Battlegrounds come to TERA.

Edit: This was directed at Nadya, people be postin' too fast. x.x

• Nadya3Nadya3 Member Posts: 348

Originally posted by BizkitNL

It's fine if he doesn't like the stories, good for him. But Sector literally has hundreds of posts in this TERA board telling TERA fans that TERA is not what they think it is or as good as what they think it is.

Plus the argument I had with the guy about SW:TORs stories was on the TERA board, on posts made by him, complaining about TERAs questing saying it's not as good as SW:TORs and that SW:TORs questing should be in TERA. So I am defending TERA, a game I like, on TERAs discussion board, saying that I wouldn't want SW:TORs questing in TERA.

Sector does not post about any game he loves, and spends his time telling TERA fans the game is not this or that and the other.

Umm nope.

Sector has devoted his entire life existance into Bashing Tera.   this is why he has 0 Credibility.   you will find him, in every single Tera thread here bashing and trying to belittle  the game.     as soon he finds someone posting how he or she likes the game, he goes in right away as fast as he can, and try way, way too hard to discourage that person.

i bet you anything he is a paid employee from NCsoft.   is just way too obvious.

i give Sector some credit though,  thanks to him  i won't even consider buying GW2.

so he is iether a paid employee from a competitive game company,  or someone with some deep and mega serious mental issues.  nothing in between

Okay.

for that, and that i already spent too much in games lol,  so gonna stick to one.   Tera will be the last MMo i play probably

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Umm nope.

Okay.

for that, and that i already spent too much in games lol,  so gonna stick to one.   Tera will be the last MMo i play probably

I know the feeling :).

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by Sector13

Originally posted by Jerid

Originally posted by NBlitz

I don't like Sector because of his obsession with the game. Just check his post history. I strongly believe it's someone with a personal agenda or worse. Someone being paid to campaign against TERA. No one is that obsessed with a game and convincing others that they are right.

Too bad no one cares what you think or believe. Would you feel better if I bash GW2 instead? Of course you would, cause you only care cause I am saying stuff about a game you like. Also, even if this was a personal agenda or a paid campaign, would that change anything? Nope, I'm still just a guy on the internet with an opinion that rattles your cage cause its about something you like. Well, too bad.

Look at the thread, look at the overwhelming number of people who don't value your opinion. You are most likely a shill.

Alls I did was come on here and mention about the Honeymoon effect and fans jumped on my case. That says more about TERA fans being overly protective then it does about me. Anyone whose played MMOs in the last few years would know about that. It's not something I made up to bash TERA. So, no idea how that makes me a shill.

I will point out that the SWTOR fans did the exact same thing all last year.  Coincidence?  I think not.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

F2P MMO are also very deceptive, with the item shops.     more often than not you end up paying  way more than what you do in a regular P2P one.

it prays on our Adictive Nature .

@Zylaxx - The thing is, I wouldn't have jumped on anyone but Sector, he's probably made 200+ posts in these boards if I could take a guess and I can barely recall a positive one, every regular supporter of TERA on these boards is VERY well acquainted with Sector lol.

@Zylaxx - The thing is, I wouldn't have jumped on anyone but Sector, he's probably made 200+ posts in these boards if I could take a guess and I can barely recall a positive one, every regular supporter of TERA on these boards is VERY well acquainted with Sector lol.

i've been avoiding this forums lately like the plague!p   im way too passionate  and radical  when it comes to dealing with that guy,  he simply gets on my nerves!p   been getting more than enough warnings from mods.   the funny thing is, i'm not even a Fan lol.

you are always very polite, patient and nice everytime you reply to his regular bashing rutine!p  wich contrasts with your highly competitive pvp nature!p

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Block button works wonders ... very mmoprg like too ;)

• Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330

Sigh, love how the topic for this thread is some random dude named Sector....and completely off topic about the game itself, forget the troll spend less time counter trolling and instead praise the game and the pro's it has even with the con's to even out the hater's...as simple as that yet instead you all feed the troll, and he ends up coming back for more....hell even when hes not responding you guys still talk about him.

Originally posted by Odinthedark1

Sigh, love how the topic for this thread is some random dude named Sector....and completely off topic about the game itself, forget the troll spend less time counter trolling and instead praise the game and the pro's it has even with the con's to even out the hater's...as simple as that yet instead you all feed the troll, and he ends up coming back for more....hell even when hes not responding you guys still talk about him.

But he's not a troll silly, anytime someone calls him out on it he goes into some defensive tyrade about how he is not a troll. :(

It's such an elaborate setup.

Lol even so whatever he is, if you dislike him so much dont give him the attention you are, im not sure how it works but im sure theres a way to report him to a mod or admin.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

Originally posted by Jerid

It's called the Honeymoon period of a game. It's nothing new, you will eventually get over it when the next big hyped game comes out.

Haters gunna hate, your post history shows a trail of loathing for TERA, which you never really back up with any evidence you merely build straw mans and derail threads. Your opinion has been made worthless by your own doing

Then let the hater's hate, you will only be adding fuel to the fire. besides at least on this post of his i dont really see him saying anything directly bad about it.

im not a hater but i agree with this honeymoon theory 100%

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464

I can certainly see where OP is coming from. I'm planning to pick the game up at the time if I'm not into anything else. Looks like Sector has some personals with the game but that's fine I guess, everyone has his own opinion.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

Originally posted by m0lly

i agree that the sky is blue. 

its a well known and commonly accepted phenomena that things you are crazy about initially usually fade with time.  its true of just about everything in life.

don't think anybody is making any big deal about that one statement.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

Lol even so whatever he is, if you dislike him so much dont give him the attention you are, im not sure how it works but im sure theres a way to report him to a mod or admin.

Unfortunately, you'd be wrong, sir, cause what I do is not against the rules of the forum. There is nothing against the rules about explaining the faults of a game. =P

• MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526

Could be worse ... i can't find a game i like anymore since playing SWG ;)

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Originally posted by MarlonB

^^ This

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Have you tried Fallen Earth? Not hard to do now that the game is F2P too.

• MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526

Originally posted by Xasapis

Have you tried Fallen Earth? Not hard to do now that the game is F2P too.

I did ... and also Ryzom ... but both didn't give me the "feel"  and immersion that Pre-cu SWG did. It must have been the combination of features with the star wars universe.

There is of course the factor the SWG was my first MMO experience ..

Played Tera for a weekend ... that was long enough :)

• komobokomobo Member Posts: 144

Originally posted by revy66

I can certainly see where OP is coming from. I'm planning to pick the game up at the time if I'm not into anything else. Looks like Sector has some personals with the game but that's fine I guess, everyone has his own opinion.

Yes it is perfectly fine to have an opinion and they are not difficult to come by. However, presenting ones opinions as facts in an effort to trash/defend a game (or anything else for that matter) is a strange agenda to pursuit. I have never understood the rationale for such behavior and if anything it may be indicative of the person's state of mind and a sick personal attachment/detachment to the game rather than anything else.

They are probably best left ignored :)

* Waves at Pushkina *

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

Originally posted by corpusc

Originally posted by m0lly

i agree that the sky is blue. 

its a well known and commonly accepted phenomena that things you are crazy about initially usually fade with time.  its true of just about everything in life.

don't think anybody is making any big deal about that one statement.

anyone? hehe you said that until you got arrow in the knee. mostly players are fairly young and this honeymoon theory is beyond them. so it is indeed true within a month majority games collapse cause of this theory.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

I have only tried TERA for one beta weekend, so it's difficult for me to say whether it's something I want to get into or not.  However, it was a nice change of pace from the usual, it was a nice looking game, and it kind of took me back to the console RPG days.

I only reached level 20, so it's too soon for me to judge either way, but I'm not going to write it off completely.  Might be a fun filler while I wait for more word about ArcheAge.

Lol you sure about that sector, i remember on another account my first post i got reported for trolling and got a warning when i wasnt even trolling lol. if theyre that slack on reports im sure mass spreading bad reviews over multiple threads is well worth it at least the warning message if not a temp ban. but quite frankly i could care less honestly its everyone else that annoys me you barely done anything wrong this thread and quite frankly im not gonna track down all other threads youve posted in unlike someother bored people with nuthin to do but clutter a thread. but if they got a problem with you thats their problem not anyone else's so they should either take it to Private messages, or report you. rather than make pointless poses accusingyou of this and that and whatever else. Althoim quite aware me saying all this is also cluttering but, meh...this will be my last post i guess after this im not gonna bother, people wanna scream hater/ troll pointlessly while getting nothing done about it let em. was actually hoping back at the first page this would turn out to be a serious thread too when it was started.