Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Talkin' Runescape economy here for GW2

steeler989steeler989 Farmington, MNPosts: 665Member

Yes, I used to be an avid Runescape player, no need for trolls to troll me out.

Sooooo, here is why I am making this thread

For all of you who know about Runescape you have to know about their economy system. ALL of the items gets their price from supply and demand, basically.

Supply and Demand is where X amount of people want this item, so they price it for Y amount. The more people buy it, the price will go higher, the less people buy it, prices will go down. If you have any other way to simplify this, please go ahead.  X D

So what I want to know is, would you want that kind of economy for Guild Wars 2? Or a different kind? Please answer this poll.

Comments

• grimm6thgrimm6th Overland Park, KSPosts: 973Member

I'll be honest here.  This is a dumb question.  All inter-player trading markets are based on supply and demand.

Edit:  After some thought, I have decided that I want an economic system in GW2 that allows the prettiest, most beautiful characters with the highest charm and dignity to get stuff for free from awestruck players of lesser charisma.  We all know that as a GuyInRealLife, we can breeze our way through this game getting anything we want.  Happy April 1st.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• aesperusaesperus Hamshire, NVPosts: 5,128Member Uncommon

Originally posted by grimm6th

I'll be honest here.  This is a dumb question.  All inter-player trading markets are based on supply and demand.

This ^

• sanshi44sanshi44 BrisbanePosts: 1,088Member Uncommon

Edit:  After some thought, I have decided that I want an economic system in GW2 that allows the prettiest, most beautiful characters with the highest charm and dignity to get stuff for free from awestruck players of lesser charisma.  We all know that as a GuyInRealLife, we can breeze our way through this game getting anything we want.  Happy April 1st.

Your edit took me back to a moment in EQ 1, Making a guy character no one give you anything and the moment you make a female character you get 10 people giving you stuff for free.

• silvermembersilvermember saint paul, MNPosts: 531Member

Originally posted by sanshi44

Your edit took me back to a moment in EQ 1, Making a guy character no one give you anything and the moment you make a female character you get 10 people giving you stuff for free.

or any MMO guild with a vent and a cute sounding girl, or when a girl post her picture on game forums.

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Lafayette, LAPosts: 863Member

Originally posted by silvermember
    Originally posted by grimm6thI'll be honest here.  This is a dumb question.  All inter-player trading markets are based on supply and demand.Edit:  After some thought, I have decided that I want an economic system in GW2 that allows the prettiest, most beautiful characters with the highest charm and dignity to get stuff for free from awestruck players of lesser charisma.  We all know that as a GuyInRealLife, we can breeze our way through this game getting anything we want.  Happy April 1st.

or any MMO guild with a vent and a cute sounding girl, or when a girl post her picture on game forums.

I need to get one of those voice changers.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Shroom_Mage

Originally posted by silvermember

I need to get one of those voice changers.

Even they cant hide the truth

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)