Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can you all NOT be excited... 45 more days until

Comments

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

Originally posted by Dinasty

I watched the SWTOR forums for months before buying the game.

I wanted to like it so much, I ignored the overwhelming amount of negativity.

I talked myself into buying it and then trying to force my self to like it.

In the end I congratulated myself on being an idiot and wished I had saved my money for something else.

Diablo 3 has received a lot of unfavorable remarks. I won't be fooled again.

I'll give the money I save to ArenaNet because I'm 99.9% sure GW2 is going to be great.

I feel you there. However in all honesty if you enjoyed D2 in it's time, you'll probably enjoy D3. After playing the beta for D3, I realized I'll most likely enjoy it. To be honest though, the main reason I'm buying  it is so I'll have something to do while waiting for GW2.

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I wasn't excited about Diablo 2, and that was probably a better game.  Dungeon crawlers only keep me occupied a few weeks, so I won't be paying full price if I buy it at all.  It's silly to assume everyone is excited about what you are.

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

Originally posted by Lentech

Originally posted by ElderRat

How can I not be interested? Well you need a server to play an single player game.. and rmt.  sorry both are turnoffs to me.

i havent followed the D3 development at all, seriously you cannot play Offline? say your net goes down, you cant just play the game?

That makes about as much sense as a turd flavored breathmint

a link to their response to complaints about online only: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Diablo-PC-Gaming-action-rpg-battle.net-Robert-Bridenbecker,13187.html

Currently bored with MMO's.

• GuelyGuely Member Posts: 114

D3 huh? Too late.

• CrazylikeCrazylike Member CommonPosts: 89

I will have fun with D3 even though im dissapointed with a lot of the decisions Blizz made when they crafted this game. There simply arent any other game atm that im having fun playing and D3 is fun (beta was atleast).

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

I think the game looks fine but I see no incentive to be grabbed by it. The isometric gameplay, the pre-destined character selection. It all screams of that I wont give a rats butt about my character and play it once and leave it. Nothing wrong with that, but I expect a lot more than I did during the days of Diablo 2, and that there is no real character creation, or a 3d world outside a bird eyes view, just takes me out and makes me not care. 

I think it's great though for anyone who has been waiting for this for over a decade. I think like Starcraft 2 I will play it for a bit and say - nice changes. this feels like the other games in this series. and then I wont think more about it. 

I think Blizzards fanbase is to zealot. They are afraid to make real changes. They are afraid to fail. So they design conservatively. But it also becomes more boring. 

• nomatics856nomatics856 Member UncommonPosts: 219

Originally posted by Kalfer

I think the game looks fine but I see no incentive to be grabbed by it. The isometric gameplay, the pre-destined character selection. It all screams of that I wont give a rats butt about my character and play it once and leave it. Nothing wrong with that, but I expect a lot more than I did during the days of Diablo 2, and that there is no real character creation, or a 3d world outside a bird eyes view, just takes me out and makes me not care. 

I think it's great though for anyone who has been waiting for this for over a decade. I think like Starcraft 2 I will play it for a bit and say - nice changes. this feels like the other games in this series. and then I wont think more about it. 

I think Blizzards fanbase is to zealot. They are afraid to make real changes. They are afraid to fail. So they design conservatively. But it also becomes more boring. 

Eh to be honest I wouldnt like a 3D view in a dungeon crawler,  I guess to each their own, its about gameplay, you can be 3D all you want (SWTOR) but if you "dont have good gameplay" whats the point?

• Adhesive33Adhesive33 Member UncommonPosts: 227

Path of Exile is a better game, IMO. So, while I used to be excited about D3, I have something even better keeping me occupied for the forseeable future. 

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

Originally posted by Kabaal

I'm not sure if the OP is being sarcastic or not, more negatives were mentioned than positives.

Only if you give the same weight to every single point.  The bottom line is that despite all of the weird shit Blizzard is doing with D3, the ONE positive in its favor will far outweigh any negative:  The game is going to be fun as hell.  Period.  

Count me in as someone excited to get back into the world of Diablo, even if I don't agree with all the moves Blizzard has made.

Thats the worst logic in the world.  Thats like saying it would be really fun and exciting to bang this ridiculously hot chick, but you have to overlook the herpes, syphilis, the fact that she is a psychopath and might stab you in the middle of sex, and various other issues.

Forest for the trees, thats all im saying.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Thanks just had this game out of my head but no worries I can get it back out in a few hours.

Originally posted by Hrimnir

I'm not sure if the OP is being sarcastic or not, more negatives were mentioned than positives.

Only if you give the same weight to every single point.  The bottom line is that despite all of the weird shit Blizzard is doing with D3, the ONE positive in its favor will far outweigh any negative:  The game is going to be fun as hell.  Period.  

Count me in as someone excited to get back into the world of Diablo, even if I don't agree with all the moves Blizzard has made.

Thats the worst logic in the world.  Thats like saying it would be really fun and exciting to bang this ridiculously hot chick, but you have to overlook the herpes, syphilis, the fact that she is a psychopath and might stab you in the middle of sex, and various other issues.

I didnt say they were my flaws, I am just saying thats what certain people say, honestly I see nothing wrong with diablo 3, I am a blizzard fan but more importantly I am a diablo fan, I dont play WoW, or Starcraft, well not any more, but everything I see of diablo 3 makes it a great successor of diablo 2, people hate change, blizzard made change, I see nothing but success from diablo 3.

Its the gameplay/item hunting that made diablo 2 successful, which will make diablo 3 even more successful.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

What?!?! how in any way is that a comparison to playing a game with RMT of this sort?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Actually, your analogy is probably the worst analogy I've ever heard.  But what would else would I expect from gamer, but comparing a video game to sex?  

Games can have flaws.  Plenty of them.  But that doesn't mean when you sit down to play them, you don't overlook those flaws because the core game is FUN.  Isn't that why we play the games in the first place?  This is particularly true of hack and slash dungeon crawlers.  If the game is deep enough, has enough content, and has good combat, the game will be fun.  

Blizzard made some strange changes to Diablo 3.  But the core game is still the same.  Enter dungeon, take on multiple mobs at once, obliterate them in a frenzy of blood and gore.  Collect loot.  And on top of all that mindless fun, they've updated the graphics and added in the ability to interact with the environment during combat.  None of the weird changes Blizzard has made to the game changes that very basic approach.  

But if totally irrelevant analogies is what gives you an excuse to not play, then continue firing away, champ. 

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

The Diablo franchise is dead to me. This game is just a half-assed cash in attempt by what passes for Blizzard these days. I'll support the real people behind the Diablo franchise I loved by buying Torchlight 2.

• zephermarkuszephermarkus Member Posts: 201

Not excited at all Diablo 3 looks and feels like wow re skinned with diable textures and to me feels nothing like the old diablo 1 and 2 games at all but thats because blizzard north left and made real innovation with torchlight and guildwars 2. IF you don't know blizzard north split and made runic game and arena.net.

• freegamesfreegames Member UncommonPosts: 240

I seriously forgot all about Diablo 3 while waiting.

Never got in the beta so put it out of my mind and forgot about it.

• bbethelbbethel Member UncommonPosts: 201

Oh My God i for got that Diablo 3 is cumming out!!!!!

Oh wait i forgot i played the beta and its Diablo 2 with better graphic and 10 year old game play. It reminds me of starcraft 2 with al the hype that i got draged into and when i got the game it was a 10 year old game with better graphic.

So this time im not getting draged into another 10 year old game with better graphics. I will keep playing my newer fealing games.

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

Originally posted by nomatics856

Eh to be honest I wouldnt like a 3D view in a dungeon crawler,  I guess to each their own, its about gameplay, you can be 3D all you want (SWTOR) but if you "dont have good gameplay" whats the point?

That's true. Gameplay above all else. The isometric style serves a purpose, but it's not exclusively mutual.

Imagine if Grand Theft Auto never took the leap towards 3d person and stayed isometric? it would be crazy irelevant. But then again, Diablo might not be about that. about connecting with your character in some deep way and thats fine. I think Diablo 3 will be great for playing when your listening to music in the background or a podcast or watching tv. Just hacking away. those games are cool. 

• MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526

If you enjoyed the dark look of Diable 1 and 2, you should definately give path of exile a try if you can get a key.

Originally posted by nomatics856

That's true. Gameplay above all else. The isometric style serves a purpose, but it's not exclusively mutual.

Imagine if Grand Theft Auto never took the leap towards 3d person and stayed isometric? it would be crazy irelevant. But then again, Diablo might not be about that. about connecting with your character in some deep way and thats fine. I think Diablo 3 will be great for playing when your listening to music in the background or a podcast or watching tv. Just hacking away. those games are cool. 

GTA also had good gameplay. I am the type of gamer that finds graphics irrevelant if the gameplay is bad.

If gameplay is excellent or very fun I dont care about graphics to an extent, its always nice to evolve, if that means going 3D or better graphics, but its not needed if it still looks nice but is very fun to play. D3 looks nice in its own way.

• patient32patient32 Member UncommonPosts: 96

I don't get it. Why would anyone be looking forward to Diablo 3 because of Diablo 2. Diablo 2 was the worst game I've ever played. Maybe if I was 11 years old at the time I played it, it'd be good because that was all there was but wasn't Diablo 2 around the same time as Baldur's Gate. Baldur's Gate, 14 years on, is still one of my favourite games and regardless of my age it always would be. Diablo 2 was just utter crap. It looked like crap and played like crap.

Maybe Diablo 3 WILL be a good game, it's the year 2012, there's alot of games to look back on and learn from. If they make anything like Diablo 2 they just blew a whole load of cash on a dead horse in my opinion though.

"It's like a finger pointing away to the moon... Don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all the heavenly glory" (Bruce Lee)

(Insert your favourite mmo here): ......And behold, a pale horse.... And a million hellishly bad mmos followed with it.

• bishboshbishbosh Member Posts: 388

meh its a dumbed down version of diablo 2 with kiddy cartoon rainbow art style, crappy graphics with pay2win taked on. 

played d2 heaps, really fun game. d3 makes me vomit

• bishboshbishbosh Member Posts: 388

Originally posted by patient32

I don't get it. Why would anyone be looking forward to Diablo 3 because of Diablo 2. Diablo 2 was the worst game I've ever played. Maybe if I was 11 years old at the time I played it, it'd be good because that was all there was but wasn't Diablo 2 around the same time as Baldur's Gate. Baldur's Gate, 14 years on, is still one of my favourite games and regardless of my age it always would be. Diablo 2 was just utter crap. It looked like crap and played like crap.

Maybe Diablo 3 WILL be a good game, it's the year 2012, there's alot of games to look back on and learn from. If they make anything like Diablo 2 they just blew a whole load of cash on a dead horse in my opinion though.

well they made it like d2 but took out features like skill trees and stats and replaced it with nothing. so yeh they did blow a whole load of cash.

they will probably make it all back because there are so many mindless drones out there that get all excited and hyped up after seeing a couple of trailers. just remember about all those other times you were "excited" and a week in realise you just bought a steaming pile of crap eg. SWTOR etc

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

not big on dungeon crawlers like this, theres very few games that are not an MMO that I can get into.

With Tera, GW2 , TSW coming out I doubt I will have time for this .

Plus lately im not a big fan of blizzard.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Even tho GW2 is going to be totally amazing , I think this game D3 will be a fun game filler , like rift was before SWTOR came out .  Even tho Rift was actually more fun than SWTOR .