Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I almost wish I didn't discover Archeage

2»

Comments

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

I feel your pain OP. Damn game needs a publisher right now, might even consider EA/Activision, at this point. I will figure out how to play on the Korean servers. I'm going to try my damnedest.

BOOYAKA!

• Porkchop16Porkchop16 Member Posts: 3
    I didn't really know much about ArcheAge until I saw the yogscast videos o. YouTube. Not I've done so much research on this game and I want it so bad!!!! I think about it everyday and just wish I could play it :( I doubt it will be in English anytime soon.....
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754

Isn't this game at least 2 years away??.....Why not get excited about something that is actually out there and quit fantasizing about how great something that isn't even released is going to be?

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Originally posted by Theocritus

Why not get excited about something that is actually out there and quit fantasizing about how great something that isn't even released is going to be?

What exactly is there to get excited for? Theres nothing but single player online RPG's out, theres not even a game on the near horzion that resembles a true MMORPG. We get excited about archage because its the only game we know about that might actually deliver what an MMORPG is suposed to deliver.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• Porkchop16Porkchop16 Member Posts: 3

There isnt really and good mmo's out. Guild wars 2 might be ok but its not like ArcheAge. I think that soon a date needs to be set if the game is coming to NA and EU. That would make alot of people rest easier knowing if it is coming or not. I bet it will eventually come to NA and EU but it wont be for a while....... I wish that i learned Korean so I could be able to read and understand the game right now lol but sadly like me and millions of other people I dont. image

• albaficassalbaficass Member Posts: 101

Archeage finaly a TRUE mmo that i cant wait to come out

Everything in this game looks simply awesome

I love the spells animations..(best spells animations ever ????? )

The graphics are insane (cry engine 3 aye !!! )

Th world is huge and u can do anything u want...sandbox baby hell yeah

War ships siege and castles ???? fck yea

• pokrakpokrak Member UncommonPosts: 111

Look awesome but Im afraid we will w8 years to play this game in EU 

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Is anyone playing the Korean beta?

How far along is the game as a whole, aside from localization?

I'm a little concerned that there's still no word about a potential publisher or U.S. release date.

• paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363

I am just happy someone is making a game that has some of the "old school" aspects like housing  that I appreciate.

It's nice to know at least SOMEONE is trying to make a game that does something more.

Even if Archeage isn't that good in the end, or it takes far to long to get released, any good ideas will be promptly aped by everyone else. So at least there is that.

Any innovation in the MMO genre would be very welcome at this point.   

(And No! Adding a "Clone Wars" cartoon to the playthrough of the game is not innovation.)

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by BartDaCat

Is anyone playing the Korean beta?

How far along is the game as a whole, aside from localization?

I'm a little concerned that there's still no word about a potential publisher or U.S. release date.

They have had 4 closed beta rounds so......

No USA publisher has been mentioned.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243

looks good b/c its a copy of UO + Daoc not WoW clone.

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

Well the one thing the developer mentioned originally was that the game was being designed with a western audience in mind. That alone tells us that they would at least like to have it released in NA.

• AlrricAlrric Member Posts: 2

Been following it for a bit, and I really wish that some one would take the leap and publish this game in the US asap.  We need a game like this but, it seems that all publishers are more interested in WoW clones =/...