Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

F2P LMAO

DeathIsCloseDeathIsClose Member Posts: 23

I was wondering how this game would go so .... i tried after some movies..

Day 1 :

Grind Quest 2-3 hours

Found out i could not trade items with my girl..

reaons : Starter..

So thought like "hmm maybe need higher level...." 

Day 2 :

Become Level 10 get in a town get some Quests again..

Take quest at the Auction house.

So i check Auctionhouse see nice item.... try to buy item fail ....

reason : Starter.. i was like "Say what now"

So.. i shout on the server and some dude tells me you need Golden package to be able to whisper , buy items from auction house, think theres alot more you cant but didnt check out....

So basicly..its still PAY to Play because you need this..

Gold Pack (30 Days)

Description: This pack offers you complete ease of use, enables all game functions for 30 days and contains a number of bonuses! 

Anyways .. before people waste their time.. hope you read this ^_^ if i wanna play Free game should be free and not some strange item you need because otherwise gameplay is made impossible...

Greets

Comments

• PaithanPaithan Member Posts: 377

Ok trying to make sense of what you are saying here. You mean  you cant quest at all?

Even so, you can grind xp easy enough though, when the game was released especialy at mid and high lvl xp came mostly from grinding.

On the otherhand personally I wouldnt be angy for not getting the service Im not paying for.

• DeathIsCloseDeathIsClose Member Posts: 23

you can quest...

but.

Cant trade.

Cant whisper.

Cant use Auction house.

• TraugarTraugar Member UncommonPosts: 183

Originally posted by DeathIsClose

you can quest...

but.

Cant trade.

Cant whisper.

Cant use Auction house.

Sounds normal for a f2p implementation of a p2p game.  Only issue I see with it is the can't whisper.  Can you not whisper anyone, or do you have to be on friends lists to whisper.  Reason I ask is the latter is usually how that goes.  

If they allowed you to trade, whisper, and auction house they would essentially give gold farmers a paradise where they wouldn't even have to pay for a sub to do their deeds.  

you can quest...

but.

Cant trade.

Cant whisper.

Cant use Auction house.

So you can play the game fully just not access the luxuries, while I agree its corny, as far as I can see you still can play most, if not all content.

You should be able to talk to group though.

You may want to look into the difference betwine F2P and free games.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

you can quest...

but.

Cant trade.

Cant whisper.

Cant use Auction house.

Hmm honestly it sounds exactly like how most people play MMOs now, look at SWTOR. Most people play that game as if its a single player RPG, if you do play a game like that, then the above posted functions are certainly not needed. 

So i guess for a free game Aion is perfect for alot of the "Casual" players who do want to socialize and just want to quest grind ad'nausium. 

Lolipops !

Originally posted by Voiidiin

you can quest...

but.

Cant trade.

Cant whisper.

Cant use Auction house.

Hmm honestly it sounds exactly like how most people play MMOs now, look at SWTOR. Most people play that game as if its a single player RPG, if you do play a game like that, then the above posted functions are certainly not needed. 

So i guess for a free game Aion is perfect for alot of the "Casual" players who do want to socialize and just want to quest grind ad'nausium. 

Even when you actually play a game like a multiplayer game/mmo, trade isnt really needed, handy, but not essentian, not to mention VERY easy to work around.

Cant whisper, while unpractical at times, its not a big deal either, there are alot of easy ways to work around it especially when you play with friends.

The auction house.. never was really needed at all in any mmo.

It just amases me people simply put dont seem to grasp what F2P is.

Then again they probebly dont know what a "free game"really is either.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

yes the European F2P is kind lame, but you CAN play for free, it's just really annoying. the Auction house and whispering restrictions are crappy, however most F2P have many such restrictions.

• JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu Member UncommonPosts: 251

you can quest...

but.

Cant trade.

Cant whisper.

Cant use Auction house.

you can whisper once you hit lvl 10. you can join a guild and ask for this or that item if you need it that badly (you can recieve but not send items, it was to prevent goldsellers i believe). 

you dont really need AH that badly prior to some lvl 40ish, and by that level you'll be able to afford a gold pack with in game money, just with money you get as quest rewards. 

So you either do something as bad as spending 10 euros, once to unlock it all, or play with some restrictions and get it via in game money. 

This aion version (gameforge) does NOT have cash shop that sells power, and stuff like that. They have to generate money somehow. People go play this or that f2p game and come here crying 'omg look at their cash shop its totally unbalanced'. Now we get a slightly limited version of AAA game, with no cash shop at all, which instead sells a cheaper monthly sub (and can be bought with in game cash) and guess what... people are raging because its not 100% free. Cant have it both ways, its not a charity. 

tldr: they have to make money, and its either cash shop or limited starter features.

I prefer it this way, for just 10 euros, or some in game cash - youre on par with everyone else. No hidden fees, no 600 euros needed to upgrade your uber awesome Sword of Cash Shopingness to +18, no armor/weapons/you name it enhancing potions, etc etc.

mmo crowd is really really hard to please :P

edit: while i realize you want something thats 'totally' free to play, like runes of magic or any of other 800 so called free to play games, where, technically speaking, you can play for free - but have to spend 1,000's euros to be able to compete, for some odd reason i like this version of f2p a lot more :)

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Why would you buy the ability to use chat/trade/mail when it becomes free at level 30.  Even then why would you buy that when the game goes 100% free in a week and a half?

I was using the auction house early on and i didnt pay, and was whispering people.  Hell the only thing i couldnt do was use the mail system and talk in the LFG chat which is the unofficial global chat.

Is this the EU version your on?

Im going to be playing this game untill some P2P games launch, so dont call me a fanboi, however....you have to go out of your way not to be aware that in 11 days this game is going 100% free*  all the crap now with 1-30 no chat (really im not sure how you were unable to trade use the AH and whisper i was doing all of that before i hit 30 and was able to use all chats after 30) I know that it will lock your account if you hit 41 untill april 11th however, thats the  current system.

They are advertising the Truely Free crap like mad on their site, theres no way to get around it, you cant even just go to the games home page without the ad page for 3.0 cutting in front of you.

Im sure it will end up as pay 2 win like the rest, but its really not a bad game for what its worth, lots of worse games i could be playing while i wait for a P2P launch.

So either the OP is playing some diffrent version of the game or is completely clueless and some guy trolled him and told him to buy a gold package, something i cant even find on their website as an option to buy....mostly see pets and some deco suits+dyes

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

F2p Restrictions exist because of 1 thing.

Gold Sellers

Yep, those bastards will be sure to destroy the ability for f2p to exist for a game without some sort of restrictions in what you do. Its just a sad fact that those people completely ruin the experience for others and force so much restrictions on free games or the trials. Without them, you would be spam whispered for selling gold and gold traders easily being able to trade off and store gold on multiple spammed free accounts.

Originally posted by Crunchy221

Why would you buy the ability to use chat/trade/mail when it becomes free at level 30.  Even then why would you buy that when the game goes 100% free in a week and a half?

I was using the auction house early on and i didnt pay, and was whispering people.  Hell the only thing i couldnt do was use the mail system and talk in the LFG chat which is the unofficial global chat.

Im going to be playing this game untill some P2P games launch, so dont call me a fanboi, however....you have to go out of your way not to be aware that in 11 days this game is going 100% free*  all the crap now with 1-30 no chat (really im not sure how you were unable to trade use the AH and whisper i was doing all of that before i hit 30 and was able to use all chats after 30) I know that it will lock your account if you hit 41 untill april 11th however, thats the  current system.

They are advertising the Truely Free crap like mad on their site, theres no way to get around it, you cant even just go to the games home page without the ad page for 3.0 cutting in front of you.

Im sure it will end up as pay 2 win like the rest, but its really not a bad game for what its worth, lots of worse games i could be playing while i wait for a P2P launch.

So either the OP is playing some diffrent version of the game or is completely clueless and some guy trolled him and told him to buy a gold package, something i cant even find on their website as an option to buy....mostly see pets and some deco suits+dyes

OP was talking about EU version :) , which has gold pack and wont be getting NA-like cash shop any time soon (im afraid that one is gonna end up like L2 cash shop, adding more and more powerup items) and t hats why i actually like EU version of f2p more. 

Originally posted by JimyHumuHumu

Originally posted by Crunchy221

OP was talking about EU version :) , which has gold pack and wont be getting NA-like cash shop any time soon (im afraid that one is gonna end up like L2 cash shop, adding more and more powerup items) and t hats why i actually like EU version of f2p more. 

Yeah no doubt that any cash shop game eventually heads down a dark path of profits over gameplay and balance.  This will be a fine game to tide me over for a few months however.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

i am surprised they didnt port the l2 system over exactly, i thought it was great ... i think f2p should have limits (thus incentives to buy) but not to the point of not being able to trade.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Originally posted by itchmon

i am surprised they didnt port the l2 system over exactly, i thought it was great ... i think f2p should have limits (thus incentives to buy) but not to the point of not being able to trade.

Its different company running Aion EU, so thats why they arent using ncsoft's truly free model. And i like it, L2 cash shop started selling statted shirts already (with obsecen amount of money need to upgrade said shirt too, to make it worse) and i really doubt Aion wont end up getting stuff like that too.

but yea, not being able to trade is a bit... too restrictive, cant disagree with that one. They said its to battle goldsellers, but it hurts newbies much more than goldsellers imo. 

Im actually quite confused with the completely diffrent cash shop paths between Aion NA and EU.

NA is going the Lineage2 path, which is going to have pay per advantages, apparently EU is just going a standard sub to be able to trade/chat.

Like night and day.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

See if F2P went the route of L2 and Aion (US versions) I would not be anti F2P. 

Gold sellers also affect P2P games also.

• SoandsosoSoandsoso Member Posts: 533

I was wondering how this game would go so .... i tried after some movies..

Day 1 :

Grind Quest 2-3 hours

Found out i could not trade items with my girl..

reaons : Starter..

So thought like "hmm maybe need higher level...." 

Day 2 :

Become Level 10 get in a town get some Quests again..

Take quest at the Auction house.

So i check Auctionhouse see nice item.... try to buy item fail ....

reason : Starter.. i was like "Say what now"

So.. i shout on the server and some dude tells me you need Golden package to be able to whisper , buy items from auction house, think theres alot more you cant but didnt check out....

So basicly..its still PAY to Play because you need this..

Gold Pack (30 Days)

Description: This pack offers you complete ease of use, enables all game functions for 30 days and contains a number of bonuses! 

Anyways .. before people waste their time.. hope you read this ^_^ if i wanna play Free game should be free and not some strange item you need because otherwise gameplay is made impossible...

Greets

How much did you pay?

Whats that you say....nothing?

Nothing is the value of your opinion.