Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMG OMG They actually pulled it off... Apparently.

2»

Comments

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by Aluvius

Originally posted by stayontarget

I wonder if anyone has told CCP that on average console games have a shelf life of about 6 months.

Yeah for the life of me I can't figure out why didn't develop this for the PC so they could have some sort of long term point to it.

True.  I was sad that I wasn't going to be able to play this and finally get involved in the EVE universe in a way that appealed to me.  That was until I saw what was happening with Planetside 2.  I'm not sad anymore.

They can choke on their console exclusive.  Even when they port it over to PC in a year or so, I'll be getting my fix elsewhere.  I hope most PC gamers likewise give them the high-hat when they eventually get around to remembering us.

• ArakaneArakane Member UncommonPosts: 204

very impressive. while I dont do Eve,and not a big fan of fps-still,the mechanics of this are pretty freaking awesome. Kudos !

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

Originally posted by spankybus

Originally posted by Naral

I love FPSs, love the idea, even own a PS3, and WANT to play it...but, I suck bad at console FPSs. I am pretty decent with a mouse and keyboard, but cannot play them on consoles for crap.

If recent news is correct, the game will allow mouse and keyboard play on the PS3

ooooo if thats true im so gettin this

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

I love FPSs, love the idea, even own a PS3, and WANT to play it...but, I suck bad at console FPSs. I am pretty decent with a mouse and keyboard, but cannot play them on consoles for crap.

It's not you, it's that consoles suck ass for FPS games.  Even the most accomplished pianist will produce out-of-tune noise when the instrument they are using isn't up to the task.

• SlothnChunkSlothnChunk Member UncommonPosts: 788

The visuals were disappointing. The gameplay trailers shown in the past were considerably better.

The battles also look linear with a low number of players.

• Southpaw.GamerSouthpaw.Gamer Member CommonPosts: 572

Originally posted by SlothnChunk

The visuals were disappointing. The gameplay trailers shown in the past were considerably better.

The battles also look linear with a low number of players.

#1 They stated that the demo was 24 v 24 and was to be considered a SMALL battle.  Even BF3 on the PC only supports 32 v 32.

#2.  The map was stated as being SMALL

#3.  Gameplay > Graphics

Full Sail University - Game Design

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Originally posted by Unlight

It's not you, it's that consoles suck ass for FPS games.  Even the most accomplished pianist will produce out-of-tune noise when the instrument they are using isn't up to the task.

This is the funniest thing I have seen on these forums in ages LOL thanks!

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

I stil ldon't understand why they made this for PS3 only when PS4 could be released in a year (or two)

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

" Let the Buyer Beware " Your buying into a console game no matter what else is said, this is being developed for consoles.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

" Let the Buyer Beware " Your buying into a console game no matter what else is said, this is being developed for consoles.

Someone is still mad that Mario 64 was just too complex for them... ;-)

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

IIRC the game will be F2P so no need to buy.

It has been hinted at to be released for PC later on as well.

Hilmar (I think) said that it would be possible to port this to ps4 and considering how EVE has had its graphic updated and kept fresh I don't see why they would not do the same with Dust 514. : )

Also Dust 514 has a special contract with Sony about updates so they don't have to go through Sonys 1 month testing every update they wish to release which is really nice imo.

I wont play the game until / if released on PC though but I might orbital strike some Dust bunnies to obtain tears I guess. : )

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

hmmm... I don't know. It sounds interesting and all

but

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much... the MMO's that have been coming out for the last 6 years have not been all that great, and have been using the same formula's over and over again. For me personally, nothing what the PR says I believe anymore. To be honest they can say anything they want too, and hype up the game and make people believe that your going to be able to do almost anything. From researching this game since it was announced it dosn't looke like the Dust 514 players on console will be able to partisipate in the actual eve space, it will simply just be planets that they will be fighting on.

@OP ... So the dust 514 players will be able to call me while im in space playing EvE and shoot at a planet. So what? Woopdee frigging do? LIKE OMG I CAN SHOOT A PLANET HOW FASCINATING! ... Now if the players were able to actually partisipate in the world of eve online and fly down on planet and switch to first person mode, that would peek my interest. I think you guys are making it more then what the game itself is capable of, and thats were self overhyping comes from.

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516

Originally posted by Kuro1n

IIRC the game will be F2P so no need to buy.

It has been hinted at to be released for PC later on as well.

Hilmar (I think) said that it would be possible to port this to ps4 and considering how EVE has had its graphic updated and kept fresh I don't see why they would not do the same with Dust 514. : )

Also Dust 514 has a special contract with Sony about updates so they don't have to go through Sonys 1 month testing every update they wish to release which is really nice imo.

I wont play the game until / if released on PC though but I might orbital strike some Dust bunnies to obtain tears I guess. : )

Yeah, the game looks very interesting but unfortunately I'm only going to play it when it releases on PC. 

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Originally posted by stayontarget

I wonder if anyone has told CCP that on average console games have a shelf life of about 6 months.

Good games will always have players. The average attention span for a spazmatic youth is 6 months I'm sure, but Dust will have tons of players for years because it's linked ot EvE.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• GeeTeeEffOhGeeTeeEffOh Member Posts: 731

While I certainly don't want to take anything away from what went into this game, And I realize there is a huge crossover between FPS and MMORPG gamers,

Why is a console based FPS game getting featured by MMORPG?

Or is this game really an MMORPG?

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

And because.. it -is- an MMO?  So that could be why it's on an MMO site.

It's an MMOFPS, will have persistent qualities, and CCP plans on developing it for years to come and nurturing a long-term player base.  Add to that the fact that the fights take place in a persistent world (the planets in EVE), where battles won will affect the goings on of EVE.  Likewise, once the game is established, items will be purchased from EVE players, tying their economies together.