Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Guild Interface Video Preview

2»

Comments

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

you cant get ganked in GW2 either without going to the PVP only area unless I'm mistaken. There is no difference except GW2 cares about their PVP

• GeeTeeEffOhGeeTeeEffOh Member Posts: 731

Originally posted by RefMinor

Originally posted by DarkPony

*INSERT ERROR ALARM*

"None of this is bought with in-game gold, and instead has to be earned via simply playing and accomplishing things with your characters active in the guild."

Actually there's an option to buy shitloads of Inf directly with gold through the drinks vendor, saw that in another vid. Up to 10.000 Inf for 100 gold or something. This also yields a direct line between cash and bonusses: Cash -> gems -> gold -> Inf = WvW bonusses

You are misinforminated about that.

About time you'd trademark that line lest someone will steal it :)

Or add it to your sig: "The Original Misinforminator™"

I call cash shop advantage buying what it is, I am just one of the Misinforminated™ and obviously need to educate myself until I have achieved groupthink.

I did not know this. But neither am I surprised.

I love the notion that floats around a minority of the GW2 fanbase that thingks Anet/NCSoft are some altruistic benevolent not for profit organization who only needs to get by with paying the electric bills and is not really all that interested in making profits from it's cash shop if it means putting a smile on it's customer's faces. And that Anet deliberately put up a Cash Shop full of pointless items that only work towards the long term detriment of the CS user. And somehow ANet is in a secret conspiriacy with self confessed freeloaders to fleece the cash  shop users.  And this overwhelming misconception that people with money really are stupid.

I got news: Pay To Win Pays The Bills

Perfect World Inc had one title in 07. Go to their website now and count 13.

Did I mention that one of the titles actually has a built in botting mechanism that will stay and fight mobs while you sleep?

Good thing NCSoft doesn't want a piece of that.

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249

Awesomeness!

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

*INSERT ERROR ALARM*

"None of this is bought with in-game gold, and instead has to be earned via simply playing and accomplishing things with your characters active in the guild."

Actually there's an option to buy shitloads of Inf directly with gold through the drinks vendor, saw that in another vid. Up to 10.000 Inf for 100 gold or something. This also yields a direct line between cash and bonusses: Cash -> gems -> gold -> Inf = WvW bonusses

I call cash shop advantage buying what it is, I am just one of the Misinforminated™ and obviously need to educate myself until I have achieved groupthink.

I'm not sure about this to be honest. If these buffs are so valuable and influence can only be purchased with gold, who in their right mind would buy gems? People would have to purposfuly gimp their guild and themselves in order to buy gems.

And what's the trade off? Some character slots and an XP potion? I don't think that gems will be such a hot commodity. The trade off is too great. Gold buys you more important things.

Originally posted by heartless

*INSERT ERROR ALARM*

I'm not sure about this to be honest. If these buffs are so valuable and influence can only be purchased with gold, who in their right mind would buy gems? People would have to purposfuly gimp their guild and themselves in order to buy gems.

And what's the trade off? Some character slots and an XP potion? I don't think that gems will be such a hot commodity. The trade off is too great. Gold buys you more important things.

You can use Credit Card to buy Gems and sell them for gold, then from there...well, That's what has still not been fully determiend.

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618

Originally posted by GeeTeeEffOh

*INSERT ERROR ALARM*

I love the notion that floats around a minority of the GW2 fanbase that thingks Anet/NCSoft are some altruistic benevolent not for profit organization who only needs to get by with paying the electric bills and is not really all that interested in making profits from it's cash shop if it means putting a smile on it's customer's faces. And that Anet deliberately put up a Cash Shop full of pointless items that only work towards the long term detriment of the CS user. And somehow ANet is in a secret conspiriacy with self confessed freeloaders to fleece the cash  shop users.  And this overwhelming misconception that people with money really are stupid.

Did I mention that one of the titles actually has a built in botting mechanism that will stay and fight mobs while you sleep?

Listen, its fine that you dont trust Anet like other people do but dont take people as fools because of that. You think people blindly follow others? Theres a reason why people trust anet in what they do, and its because they gave a quality game and delivered on what they promised on their first try. Its ok that you didnt experience in, but dont think that because you are skeptic you suddenly know something we dont.

Its true that NCSOFT and arenet are out to make a profit, everyone knows this. But you gotta understand is that we believe that they are not gona upset their playerbase by doing something that someone who has been looking forward to the game will find bad.

There are other ways to get money, you act as if CAsh shop is the only way to do it for GW2. For them to actually make the big chunk of money, they need to make ALL their playerbase happy because they are all customers AND they all are potential buyers for the next expansion.

Originally posted by austriacus

*INSERT ERROR ALARM*

Listen, its fine that you dont trust Anet like other people do but dont take people as fools because of that. You think people blindly follow others? Theres a reason why people trust anet in what they do, and its because they gave a quality game and delivered on what they promised on their first try. Its ok that you didnt experience in, but dont think that because you are skeptic you suddenly know something we dont.

Its true that NCSOFT and arenet are out to make a profit, everyone knows this. But you gotta understand is that we believe that they are not gona upset their playerbase by doing something that someone who has been looking forward to the game will find bad.

There are other ways to get money, you act as if CAsh shop is the only way to do it for GW2. For them to actually make the big chunk of money, they need to make ALL their playerbase happy because they are all customers AND they all are potential buyers for the next expansion.

Understand something.

The reason this goes on and on, is not because I am taking you for a fool. But  rather it is the potential CS users are being taken for fools by many people here. 

The arguents are always the same. You guys are convinced the CS is mostly pointless items so whoever uses them doesn't know anything.

Now I'd be fine if that were the case,because I would love to pay for the box and nothing else,  but I don't think ANet/NCSoft will see it that way.

There has to be stuff in that shop that appeals to everyone.

And just how does that work in a PVP game?

You tell me. What could they put in that shop that I would want to buy in a PVP game that isn't going to:

1. Give me an advantage

or

2. Benefit you more than me

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618

*INSERT ERROR ALARM*

Understand something.

The reason this goes on and on, is not because I am taking you for a fool. But  rather it is the potential CS users are being taken for fools by many people here. 

The arguents are always the same. You guys are convinced the CS is mostly pointless items so whoever uses them doesn't know anything.

Now I'd be fine if that were the case,because I would love to pay for the box and nothing else,  but I don't think ANet/NCSoft will see it that way.

You tell me. What could they put in that shop that I would want to buy in a PVP game that isn't going to:

1. Give me an advantage

or

1) Hosting benefits(more options, customisation)

2) "Finish him!" animations

3)Skins(as in different races only for pvp)

4)Name changes

5) Stat reset

6)Icons next to your name

7) Skins for weapons(no stat advantage)

8)Death animations( When you die or kill someone an effect happens that you can buy ex: a big fist smacks someone Head)

9)Different colour for some animations (for example changing the pink colour of mesmer skills to red.)

10)Pets that are statistically the same as the one you have but got a different skin.(for example instead of s scooby doo dog you can get a shepherd dog)

Those are the ones i can think in 3  minutes. Not that hard to do. I think you just lack imagination.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

*INSERT ERROR ALARM*

Understand something.

1. Give me an advantage

or

hats?.... :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

4)Name changes

5) Stat reset

8)Death animations( When you die or kill someone an effect happens that you can buy ex: a big fist smacks someone Head)

9)Different colour for some animations (for example changing the pink colour of mesmer skills to red.)

10)Pets that are statistically the same as the one you have but got a different skin.(for example instead of s scooby doo dog you can get a shepherd dog)

Those are the ones i can think in 3  minutes. Not that hard to do. I think you just lack imagination.

I'm just going to give you this arguement.

I realize I was not clear in asking my question and that it is entirely subjective.

You won sir.

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

4)Name changes

5) Stat reset

I realize I was not clear in asking my question and that it is entirely subjective.

You won sir.

Finnaly, seriously dude, nobody is listening too you anymore, your credibility is lost. If ever there was a point, youve lost it.

As for the Guild UI, I like it. As for guild hopping, that seems wierd to me, but we'll see how it works in game.

• BlakkrskyrrBlakkrskyrr Member Posts: 230
    How do you have a thieves guild...? I'm just wondering. It would be cool if you COULD if you wanted, as a guild creator, to choose a "profession" for you guild, such as thieves, which would give u, say, an extra option for npc interaction that is "steal" but you have maybe a 10% karma decrease from whatever you do. Or a paladin profession that gives you auto increase of 10% karma and a stronger rally/buff banner, but with maybe such % of ur money loot going auto to a city vault/community offering plate (holy and selfless pallies they are lol). Idk, kinda just came to mind

Originally posted by Adalwulff

4)Name changes

5) Stat reset

You won sir.

Finnaly, seriously dude, nobody is listening too you anymore, your credibility is lost. If ever there was a point, youve lost it.

As for the Guild UI, I like it. As for guild hopping, that seems wierd to me, but we'll see how it works in game.

Yep.

Doesnt' even matter anymore. At one time, I thought this was the game for the future of the genre.

Then I got upset with the CS.

Now that doesn't even matter anymore.

The more videos I see, the more this game is just the same as everything else..

Oh it's got plot,s and DEs, PVP and all nice stuff like that..

But when it boils down, it's just the same button mashing button spammer as everything else.

Guess, I'm not suprised really,

Anyway, guess it's time for a new hobby

Maybe I'll take up forum trolling.

Oh, and I think you have confused credibility with popularity. Big difference there. The second allows me to be wrong and still be right.

• MorcotulconMorcotulcon Member UncommonPosts: 262

People are worried about guild hopping and loyalty but they don't see this option in another way.

You see, people think that changing the guild you represent is against the loyalty you have towards your guild. That happens in another mmorpgs because you can only represent one, and if you hide yourself from one of your guilds to be playing in another is kind of like you're cheating your wife, and then she finds out.

But I think this system gives the the opportunity to make that situation as something really good for both guilds. You can coordenate both guilds and have more communication and a better relationship between them for the best of the server community and reputation, and for  more FUN.

Even if you are representing one of the Guilds, you will still be representing the other guilds because they will know who you are (in the guild roster), they will be able to contact you and you will still help them that way if you want to, without beeing afraid of them seeing you online.

That's not the only thing:

• in WvW it gives much more coordination between Guilds and to claim Keeps.

• In dungeons it lets players from different guilds to talk with each other and help each other, instead of relying to the members of your one-and-only guild.

• Dynamic events will become even more epic with more players in the same spots, teams and squads that belong from different guilds.

• PVP will have players from different guilds in more of the best PVP teams, which means having more guilds beeing well represented in PVP.

• Personal story will be much easier if you have new friends from different guilds and they are in the same chapter as you, or they just want to know how your story is.

It's a system that gives Guilds from a server to have a chance in beeing more social and friendly for the best of the server they are at, in order to have a better experience ingame.

• SilverbranchSilverbranch Member UncommonPosts: 195

A cash shop is nothing more than that:  A shop.  The fact you can buy stuff there and spend money isn't what defines it.  That's what it does, how it operates.

What it contains is of more relevance to "what it is".  A 7-11 has a place in your minds vastly different than a car dealer, the same between a porn shop and Bed-Bath-and Beyond.

The benchmark we use for having the feeling Arenanet knows how to structure a shop that doesn't have overt pay-to-win built into it is, well,what they've already done in the original GW.  I found the items available in the original GW to be just fine, either a convenience or fluff or extra bank slots.  People spend some extra money there for some niceties or something sort of neat (e.g. setting up one of your alts as one of your Heros), but none represented foaming-at-the-mouth pay-to-win advantages.

You want a game with pay-to-win problems?  Go to Runes of Magic.

As much as that game was, at it's very core, centered on the idea of not only pay-to-win, but right down to pay-to-just-upgrade-your-character, that scheme eventually reached a point where it imploded the game due to human greed, laziness, etc.

It's amazing how much MONEY some people are willing to shell out if it just makes things easier and quicker for them, especially if it allows them to get the one-up on the other guy without realizing in the end it destroys the game.

I think Arenanet knows this and won't make the same mistake in an overt pay-to-win cash shop.

Wherever you go, there you are.