Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO's with high system specification requirements?

KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

Hi!

I was just wondering if you guys know of any mmo's with high system requirements?

All that I can currently think of is; Age of Conan.

Welcoming any suggestions, primarily among MMO's, but even single player game suggestions are acceptable.

Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

FFXIV looks great, but that is about as far as that game goes.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

FF XIV, TERA.

And for some bizare reason do EQ2 worse on my computer than those games or AoC... 

And i have a watercooled overcloked hexa core even if my 480 is a bit old now.... It can still max out any FPS game I tried fine, but for some reason do i get 22-35 FPS in EQ2 and far to often 22.

• deathangelldeathangell Member CommonPosts: 85

Well skyrim and bf3 are usually the games that have high specifications as far as single player and online shooter are concerned.

The mmo scene u will get mixed reviews just cause there really hasnt been any graphically intense mmos apart from of course the strain from raiding or lots of crap on your screen.

mmo i woudl say Gw2 will be the next graphic intense game swtor can be pretty boggy for the average computer. D3 collision will look better with a good computer.

always good to google games tha tu hear about 2 because there are lots of people that say there graphics on bf3 are amazing but for exmaple to really max it out u will find people will say that u need 1.5vram on your video card and certain resolutions so yea. Mostly a rambling response i know but i hope it helps in some way.

p.s. sorry for any miss spelled words or gramtical errors i just dont care 2 much to fix.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by deathangell

Well skyrim and bf3 are usually the games that have high specifications as far as single player and online shooter are concerned.

The mmo scene u will get mixed reviews just cause there really hasnt been any graphically intense mmos apart from of course the strain from raiding or lots of crap on your screen.

mmo i woudl say Gw2 will be the next graphic intense game swtor can be pretty boggy for the average computer. D3 collision will look better with a good computer.

always good to google games tha tu hear about 2 because there are lots of people that say there graphics on bf3 are amazing but for exmaple to really max it out u will find people will say that u need 1.5vram on your video card and certain resolutions so yea. Mostly a rambling response i know but i hope it helps in some way.

p.s. sorry for any miss spelled words or gramtical errors i just dont care 2 much to fix.

I have a feeling that TSW will be harder on your system than GW2... So it is my guess for the next graphic intense game.

Not that maxing out GW2 wont require a gaming rig but TSW have an updated version of AoCs engine... And GW2s engine is written by jeff Strain so I thinkit will be slightly better coded which also helps.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

All three have already been mentioned, AOC, Tera and FF14 but APB can also give your rig a little push as well as blacklight retribution although i heard after the new nvidia drivers perfromance was nearly doubled. 

• MehveMehve Member Posts: 487

Originally posted by Loke666

FF XIV, TERA.

TERA's actually middle of the pack, just a little CPU-heavier than many games in crowded situations. But the engine is a very mature engine with a lot of optimization and most of the kinks worked out. But yeah, FFXIV...

@OP: If you mod the hell out of Skyrim, especially with texture replaces and battle-generators, you can pretty much crash ANY computer.

A Modest Proposal for MMORPGs:
    That the means of progression would not be mutually exclusive from the means of enjoyment.

• iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353

I have at least tinkered with most games, and of all AAA and at least popular games out there, MMO and Single Player alike. I would say King Arthur II is the most system demanding game I've played yet. The DX11 really puts my system on a standstill almost even with the community tweaks REQUIRED to play the game without massive 5minute load times.

As for MMO's, nothing has yet topped AoC's engine requirements. Although with Planetside 2 right around the corner, I have a feeling Planetside 2 will be the new "System Requirements Killer". High end DX10+ graphics in an environment with 300+ players in a persistent server is really taxing on a system to compute, especially when you factor in bullet tracers and explosions and moving vehicles/flying aircraft.

EDIT: And come to think of it Planetside (1) was probably the most system demanding game when it first came out, I remember all my outfit members trying to upgrade their systems to get a decent combat FPS.

TwitchTV: iNeoki

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

when i play ffxiv, the temp in my room goes up about 10deg f after an hour of so. by far the most intensive and its heat is aalmost all coming from  the gpu

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Like others have said there is FF XIV, but that game only has a high res textures and a high polygon count, whereas from an asthetic point of view the game doesn't look visually stunning (even TERA looks more impressive IMO).

I think that Guild Wars 2 will be a game that will require really good rig, to be able to handle some of the epic WvW battles that will take place, post launch. Also there's ArcheAge that runs on the Cryengine 3 and it shows.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Already out:  AoC and FFXIV

Upcoming:  TSW for similar reasons as AoC, GW2 for WvWvW , ArcheAge for vast areas and great CE3 graphics

Tera actually does not require so strong rig.  It uses very mature and optimized engine and actually it is something in middle when it comes to system requirements.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

FFXIV. If you want a stressing game though, go for Metro 2033.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

Everquest 2

Game is like 6 years old and still runs like @$$ on max settings if any action is on the screen.

Top end gaming system with water cooling and 4.4 ghz processor can't run EQ2 maxed out in a raid!