Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A simulation game...

World of the Living Dead (or WotLD) is a unique game that, by any other definition, stands as a Zombie Apocalypse Simulation.  It has elements of other types of games but stands on its own.  It is in depth, chock full of content, and definitively hardcore and brutal for those that enjoy a challenge.

At the start, you’re given the care of 6 survivors.  It is actually more difficult at the start of the game and can progressively get easier as you find other survivors that can be tasked to do more things such as scavenge for food, liquids, and weapons or just kill Zeds.  You earn Survival Points for both.  Those can be used to enhance your survivors and/or build Safe Houses to recover in which you must defend to prevent it from being broken into by Zombies or other players.

There is a PvP aspect to the game.  Factions are teams of survivors working toward a common goal: Surviving.  When the game goes live, I suspect that war will be most likely because the one thing about this game that is interesting is that the resources are finite.  When they’re gone, they’re gone.  So, you need to protect what is yours.

The PDA that has an interactive map on it that you use to move your survivors and give them commands.

If you are looking for a browser game with graphics and single-button action with limited depth and content, this game isn’t for you.  If you want a game that is realistic and will challenge your survival skills with loads of content, give it a try.

Closed beta is over.  Sign on in.

Don’t get bitten.

Comments

• MikeTheSaintMikeTheSaint Member Posts: 74

Fun game and I enjoyed it until I had to take 2 weeks holiday and I imagine all my survivors were starved or bitten to death.

Would love to see the whole world (google) mapped out for the game. How fun would it be to start at a postcode of your choice.

Wish I was able to manage daily logins :(

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Originally posted by Outwalker71

World of the Living Dead (or WotLD) is a unique game that, by any other definition, stands as a Zombie Apocalypse Simulation.  It has elements of other types of games but stands on its own.  It is in depth, chock full of content, and definitively hardcore and brutal for those that enjoy a challenge.

At the start, you’re given the care of 6 survivors.  It is actually more difficult at the start of the game and can progressively get easier as you find other survivors that can be tasked to do more things such as scavenge for food, liquids, and weapons or just kill Zeds.  You earn Survival Points for both.  Those can be used to enhance your survivors and/or build Safe Houses to recover in which you must defend to prevent it from being broken into by Zombies or other players.

There is a PvP aspect to the game.  Factions are teams of survivors working toward a common goal: Surviving.  When the game goes live, I suspect that war will be most likely because the one thing about this game that is interesting is that the resources are finite.  When they’re gone, they’re gone.  So, you need to protect what is yours.

The PDA that has an interactive map on it that you use to move your survivors and give them commands.

If you are looking for a browser game with graphics and single-button action with limited depth and content, this game isn’t for you.  If you want a game that is realistic and will challenge your survival skills with loads of content, give it a try.

Closed beta is over.  Sign on in.

Don’t get bitten.

Wish this was advertised more I just stumbled onto this game tonight I'll take a crack at it like sim games :) and with zombies its a plus.

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Seems interesting and has some depth about it. Should be a nice slow burner.