Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

so wait a person can have a character in multiple guilds?

13»

Comments

  • gainesvilleggainesvilleg Gainesville, FLPosts: 1,053Member

    Originally posted by Kalfer

    Originally posted by bongolin


    Originally posted by Ecoces


    Originally posted by bongolin


    Originally posted by Ecoces


    Originally posted by bongolin

    "Loyal guild members" will be loyal until they don't want to be in the guild anymore and they will leave/switch. Same with the rest "not loyal". They will move from guild to guild, no matter howmany guilds they can join.

    At the end, we have the usual guild situation + more options. Yet another Anet presentation of their "player must have options" philosophy.

    I can't find the down side, can you?

    I agree with the people on the GW2guru forum asking for tools to see what guilds an app is apart of. As a guild leader who guild will be an exclusive guild it will make my job a lot easier.

    Why? To kick all players who are "not loyal"?

    so i can prevent those who are in other guilds from joining mine, my guild plans to be an "exclusive" guild. i would like to know what other guilds someone is in without having to spy on them.

    I guess you will have fun, alone :)

    I spitted out my cherry soda all over my keyboard from laughing so hard. 

     

    /Foreveralone in my gw2 keep

     

     

     

     


    Originally posted by gainesvilleg


    Originally posted by Kalfer

    I feel bad for anyone who thinks them being guild leader constitutes it being a "job".

     

     

    I hope such tools will not be implanted. But I guess it will be visible if you search for a player or add that player to friends list, and then see what guild he is at all times. I guess that way you could see. 

     

     

    Maybe there will be some sort of elitism or stimatization about it too. That would suck pretty hard. elitism in pvp acceptence was a big problem in gw1, when people didnt want to play with someone below a certain rank.

    Well, since influence is such an important RvRvR mechanic, why shouldn't a guild leader want some loyalty?

    It just seems counter-intuitive to what this games about. You make it sound like WoW-raid loyalty of so called hardcore people who take the game super seriously with dreams of being "world first" and all that jazz.

    The game seems more about being fun than snooping into what people want to do. after all this game allows you experience the end game levelling content almost instantly if you so choose. The developers don't seem to care. They just want people to play together. Not to create this super demanding hardcore time consuming gameplay mentality. I'm sure there will be some hardcore pvp guilds though. Good for them. This system will probably weed out the "non loyal" as they seem to be called regardless of snooping mechanics!:)

     

    I think WvW is about an entire server coming together, and I think the game will allow people to play together in meaningful ways without being guilded and/or grouped. 

    Then they should eliminate the influence mechanic in RvRvR PVP.  It will make some guilds insist that players need to be adding influence to THEIR guild, and it is also a form of pay2win since it can be purchased with gold/gems.

    It is the influence mechanic which will drive this behavior, not an inherently evil guild master...

    GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

  • fivorothfivoroth LondonPosts: 3,652Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by mThree3

    Just because we have the option to be in multiple guilds doesn't mean you HAVE to. I don't see the problem to be honest. I mean what if one guild is PvE and one is PvP. Both would be great in their respected areas.

    That's true. But I would also like the choice to be in a guild where people don't just hop from one guild to the next. If they give us the option to know if someone's in more than 1 guild so that people who don't like the idea can form guilds with like-minded people I will be fine with it. I don't want to be in a guild with people who are in 10 different guilds. This is my personal preference.

    They said that you will be able to represent only one guild at a time and you will be able to see only 1 guild chat at a time. So what happens if I am in a guild with 25 people online and none of them see what I am writing in the guild chat?

    How's that not affecting my experience?

    Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

  • bongolinbongolin SofiaPosts: 31Member

    Originally posted by gainesvilleg

    /snip

    Then they should eliminate the influence mechanic in RvRvR PVP.  It will make some guilds insist that players need to be adding influence to THEIR guild, and it is also a form of pay2win since it can be purchased with gold/gems.

    It is the influence mechanic which will drive this behavior, not an inherently evil guild master...

    I see it, if you join guild and having fun with the players in it, you stick more to it. If you join another guild and you win more in WvW with that guild, you joi them in WvW. And so on. That way you can find guilds that you like and suits you.

    If you want to keep players in your* guild, you need to create an friendly/more apealing environment or let it create itself. Or your guid will die, naturally:)

     

    * Guild cant be your, cus the members are the guild, not its leader. He/she is just a glue to stick them together. (lame comparison :D

  • bongolinbongolin SofiaPosts: 31Member

    Originally posted by fivoroth

    Originally posted by mThree3

    Just because we have the option to be in multiple guilds doesn't mean you HAVE to. I don't see the problem to be honest. I mean what if one guild is PvE and one is PvP. Both would be great in their respected areas.

    That's true. But I would also like the choice to be in a guild where people don't just hop from one guild to the next. If they give us the option to know if someone's in more than 1 guild so that people who don't like the idea can form guilds with like-minded people I will be fine with it. I don't want to be in a guild with people who are in 10 different guilds. This is my personal preference.

    They said that you will be able to represent only one guild at a time and you will be able to see only 1 guild chat at a time. So what happens if I am in a guild with 25 people online and none of them see what I am writing in the guild chat?

    How's that not affecting my experience?

    This will sort itself, there will be guilds for everyone ;)

  • gainesvilleggainesvilleg Gainesville, FLPosts: 1,053Member

    Originally posted by bongolin

    Originally posted by gainesvilleg


    /snip

    Then they should eliminate the influence mechanic in RvRvR PVP.  It will make some guilds insist that players need to be adding influence to THEIR guild, and it is also a form of pay2win since it can be purchased with gold/gems.

    It is the influence mechanic which will drive this behavior, not an inherently evil guild master...

    I see it, if you join guild and having fun with the players in it, you stick more to it. If you join another guild and you win more in WvW with that guild, you joi them in WvW. And so on. That way you can find guilds that you like and suits you.

    If you want to keep players in your* guild, you need to create an friendly/more apealing environment or let it create itself. Or your guid will die, naturally:)

     

    * Guild cant be your, cus the members are the guild, not its leader. He/she is just a glue to stick them together. (lame comparison :D

    I understand the concept of multiple guilds, I don't have really strong feelings for or against it in theory.  But the fact is if you have a guild that wants to do RvRvR, then you are going to want members of your guild contributing influence.  If they don't, you will be gimped in RvRvR, it is the reality of the RvRvR influence system.  So then as people in the guild complain "Hey, why can't we get more influence we need the boosts in RvRvR" the guild leader will have to look at who is contributing and who isn't.  Then he may need to go to those not contributing and even a kind guild leader may have to ask "Are you just not online much because of life keeping you busy (which many guild leaders could probably understand), or are you contributing to another guild instead?"  I personally would feel kind of annoyed if a member of my RvRvR focused guild was contributing influence to another guild.  I'd say get lost probably.  Moreso than I would if influence weren't so important.

    So my point was, if you want to have this notion of "can't we all just get along" and have multiple guilds, then the influence mechanic doesn't contribute to that.

    GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

  • EcocesEcoces Chicago, ILPosts: 879Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by bongolin

    Originally posted by Ecoces


    Originally posted by bongolin


    Originally posted by Ecoces


    Originally posted by bongolin

    "Loyal guild members" will be loyal until they don't want to be in the guild anymore and they will leave/switch. Same with the rest "not loyal". They will move from guild to guild, no matter howmany guilds they can join.

    At the end, we have the usual guild situation + more options. Yet another Anet presentation of their "player must have options" philosophy.

    I can't find the down side, can you?

    I agree with the people on the GW2guru forum asking for tools to see what guilds an app is apart of. As a guild leader who guild will be an exclusive guild it will make my job a lot easier.

    Why? To kick all players who are "not loyal"?

    so i can prevent those who are in other guilds from joining mine, my guild plans to be an "exclusive" guild. i would like to know what other guilds someone is in without having to spy on them.

    I guess you will have fun, alone :)

    doubtful but whatever lets you sleep better at night.

  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Boring, TXPosts: 1,171Member Uncommon

    It's a simpler version of the guest system from Guild Wars, currently you're restricted to 5 guilds, and you may only represent one as far as influence is concerned.

  • KalferKalfer HappylandPosts: 779Member

    Originally posted by gainesvilleg

    Then they should eliminate the influence mechanic in RvRvR PVP.  It will make some guilds insist that players need to be adding influence to THEIR guild, and it is also a form of pay2win since it can be purchased with gold/gems.

    It is the influence mechanic which will drive this behavior, not an inherently evil guild master...

    I will just post what Isaiah said about it. It basically sums up how I think about it as well -  begins at 14:10 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_517673&src_vid=JfhdRjSKMtY&feature=iv&v=hPQH-HasLgQ

  • Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Lafayette, LAPosts: 863Member

    OP, what did you do in other games when people had alts in other guilds?

    This is identical to that. Why are you getting so rustled?

    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

  • adam_noxadam_nox hays, KSPosts: 2,073Member Uncommon

    I imagine a lot of players like mature friendly guilds for the chat, and if they had to choose, they would choose the nicer guild over the more hardcore.  Not all, maybe not even most, but enough so that the smaller casual friendly guilds at least make SOME progress in whatever type of guild progression there is.

     

    But if you give those same players the ability to be in both, then they would consider their time grinding rep wasted on the smaller guild, as they could still reap the benefits of nice social interactions when they felt like it without doing any work to help them out.

     

    Get it yet?

  • RobertDinhRobertDinh bothell, WAPosts: 647Member

    Welcome to casual friendly GW2 where everything is easy and there is no real investment in anything (multiple guilds woohoo)

     

    It isn't guild wars 2 anymore, it is guilds wars 2. 

  • SunthasSunthas Boise, IDPosts: 27Member

    I'm still not sold. 

     

    I like all aspects of games, pvp, pve, social, even some light RP, and I'd like to play with my friends as much as possible. 

    Love the idea of having a seperate guild for my friends to be in when we don't want to hang out with our virtual GW2 friends in other guilds. Love that my friends and I can be together in some game and guild stuff without having to each join a different guild just to get what we like individually out of the game.

     

    But I still don't understand how it will matter, if I'm in a guild with my buddy and another guild that is very wvwvw focussed... I log in, and none of my friends are on, so I swap guild tags and hit some WvWvW action, then my buddy logs in and says hi in FriendGuild chat, and no reply, he has to send me a tell and so I can do what swap tags back? I don't get the purpose?

     

    If you could turn guild chat on and off independently from the guild you were influencing that would make a big difference. Guilds i've been in, in the past, have always used guild chat to find out who wants to do what dungeon, and the idea of doing them with guildmates was more appealing than pugs. 

     

    If I can only talk to one guild at a time, how am I really in more than one guild at a time?

  • GeeTeeEffOhGeeTeeEffOh Newington, CTPosts: 731Member


    Originally posted by RobertDinh
    Welcome to casual friendly GW2 where everything is easy and there is no real investment in anything (multiple guilds woohoo)
     
    It isn't guild wars 2 anymore, it is guilds wars 2. 

    Yes, WoW gave us "Welfare Epic"
    GW2 will give us "Epic Welfare"

  • dontadowdontadow Detroit, MIPosts: 1,044Member

    This is another instance of the previous MMO slave mentality, where you lived and died by guild bonuses and items. Heck, some games won't even let u into content without being apart of the right guild.  Thus, in every game on ever yserver 2 or 3 guilds dominate and smaller guilds are hard to come by.

    Guild wars 2 announced a long time ago that people would belong to multuple guilds.  This is so you can still be apart of the organized pvp guild on your server but still have your small guild of friends and family members.  

    This is so guilds can mean more than just a bunch of other bonuses and stats but really build communities and  a variety of communities.  

13»
Sign In or Register to comment.