Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is the best MMO to come out since WoW

Comments

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

This must be an early April Fool's joke. I did laugh alot, thanks!

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Originally posted by Gajari

Originally posted by korent1991

Originally posted by StoneRoses

Originally posted by Loke666

I don't see it ever getting 10 million players, do you even understand how many players that are?

TOR is already the second largest MMO who ever came out, few games before it have topped even one million players and none have kept them past a month.

But TOR is too close to a singleplayer game to ever have that many players, it is mainly focused on telling a story but both the PvP and endgame are far from perfect and still need a lot of work.

If the game would have been F2P or B2P 10 millions are possible, but I don't see it happening now, I don't see it come up to 10 million boxes sold ever. You can actually count the PC games that sold that well on the fingers on your left hand (The Sims (1, 2 & 3), World of Warcraft, Half-Life 2, StarCraft and Battlefield 2), yeah, I count all the sims as one game but they each sold over 10 million copies.

TOR is not a bad game but I think it will be hit rather hard when GW2 releases. While GW2 have less of a story it offers as least as much other stuff without a monthly fee.

/sigh

WTF is wrong with folks!

Why is it always about numbers? To be honest, of all your post this right here suprises me the most.

Also to mention again how some of you continue to label it as a SIngleplayer game.

-Flashpoints

-World Bosses (at various lvls)

-Heroic Missions

-Operations

-Pvp (Premades)

The players make the choice to engange with other fellow players in game not the game itself.

The very exact and same tool used in even before WoW is still there; Chat Box.

Because it FEELS like it is a signleplayer game when you're playing it... Atleast it did for me, and the server population didn't help a bit there since it suddenly dropped after the honeymoon...

The game doesn't feel like it's worth the money, in my opinion.. That's why I unsubbued.

I gotta say, while I don't feel the game is worthy of my sub, as well, it feeling like a single player game was never an issue. It actually felt more multiplayer than any other MMO I've played in a while because of heroic areas and stuff. At the very least, it never felt any less multiplayer than other games. So I honestly have no clue why anyone would feel this way in SWTOR.

That being said, they still could have tried harder to make the game even MORE multiplayer, but that would have required thinking out of the box, which apparently BioWare isn't good at anymore. :p

There is no pleasing some of you! Sometimes I feel many of you are so ungreatful.

2004imageEdit

The original login screen. This was the longest-running login screen, being the login for two years and one month.

Early in the year - World of Warcraft Beta testing

November 23 - World of Warcraft launches in North America, Australia and New Zealand.

November 24 - WoWWiki Launched[2]

December 18 - Patch 1.2.0

2005imageEdit

The first ever legendary item drop.
    What is World of Warcraft?.

February 11 - World of Warcraft launches in Europe

March 7 - Patch 1.3.0

March 23 - The first legendary item ever to appear to players in the game drops, [Talisman of Binding Shard]. It is immediately hotfixed out of the game.

April 8 - Patch 1.4.0

May - The Leeroy Jenkins video becomes popular[3]

June 7 - Patch 1.5.0

July 12 - Patch 1.6.0

September 13 - Patch 1.7.0

October 28–29 - BlizzCon

October 10 - Patch 1.8.0

• Corrupted Blood fixed

November 16 - World of Warcraft is featured in a question on the game show Jeopardy!

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

OP you will be sick of it soon. It's a flop of a game sorry to say.

• Calhoun619Calhoun619 Member Posts: 126

Im sorry not to be rude but not only is SWTOR garbage but so is every other AAA title thats dropped since WoW. Games keep my attention longer than the free month? Hell they cant even keep my attention longer than a week. AoC,WAR,DF,FFXIV,CoX,CO,DCUO,Rift,Aion list goes on and on.

Same old blah blah blah kill x and bring me x skins. Go fetch that water. Go kill 10 of x and wait 5 mins to see all the mobs you killed right back where they were killed, same group, doing the same animations. But the quest giver praises me on culling the population or saving the town even though in a few mins NOTHING is different all mobs are respawned and I just look for the next exclamation mark to point me to more mindless nothingness.

Oh look another big giant boss that just stands still and lets us all shoot pretty magics and swing big swords and axes at it until it dies. Oh did I mention 96% of the time we are all just standing still too? Oh yeah a couple big BIG fights require you to move your character 5 feet. Tough fights man way tough. Oh and you have to point bosses away from everyone. Nerve wracking huh?

I just cant stand the genre anymore and everyday I come here to this website waiting to see something that rekindles the love I had for MMOs.

Im sure GW2 will come out and have some gamebreaking bug that was unforseen, and then lose 70% of the population while telling us, "Hey folks sorry for making another bug filled crap MMO that only works half of the time, but just wait for MIRACLE PATCH 1.2 and we will make it right. Right?

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

This isn't an MMO this is an RPG with a few Multiplayer options. End of story. KOTOR3

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243

soon back to WoW garantee !!!

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Originally posted by Calhoun619

Im sorry not to be rude but not only is SWTOR garbage but so is every other AAA title thats dropped since WoW. Games keep my attention longer than the free month? Hell they cant even keep my attention longer than a week. AoC,WAR,DF,FFXIV,CoX,CO,DCUO,Rift,Aion list goes on and on.

Same old blah blah blah kill x and bring me x skins. Go fetch that water. Go kill 10 of x and wait 5 mins to see all the mobs you killed right back where they were killed, same group, doing the same animations. But the quest giver praises me on culling the population or saving the town even though in a few mins NOTHING is different all mobs are respawned and I just look for the next exclamation mark to point me to more mindless nothingness.

Oh look another big giant boss that just stands still and lets us all shoot pretty magics and swing big swords and axes at it until it dies. Oh did I mention 96% of the time we are all just standing still too? Oh yeah a couple big BIG fights require you to move your character 5 feet. Tough fights man way tough. Oh and you have to point bosses away from everyone. Nerve wracking huh?

I just cant stand the genre anymore and everyday I come here to this website waiting to see something that rekindles the love I had for MMOs.

I couldnt agree more

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Amazing. You guys can't comprehend it accept the fact that there are actually people out there that enjoy this game. So when someone posts that they do like it you accuse him of trolling.

Im sorry, but yours is not the only opinion that matters.

The OP is clearly enjoying the game. he's not alone either.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• lance999lance999 Member UncommonPosts: 12

Im sure GW2 will come out and have some gamebreaking bug that was unforseen, and then lose 70% of the population while telling us, "Hey folks sorry for making another bug filled crap MMO that only works half of the time, but just wait for MIRACLE PATCH 1.2 and we will make it right. Right?

I agree with this 100%. I totaly want to play an MMO, but I just cant find a game thats not just a shitty wow clone. I have all but given up now, and my last hopes are in Guild wars 2.

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

Leveling up is the fun bit, Then it's downhill.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I'd have to agree since a ton of MMOs that came out since WoW have sucked.  SWTOR isn't a bad game, it's just a little stiff.

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

Originally posted by Isasis

Also, the community is actually better than WoW's, which a lot of MMOs fail in that regard. There are people all over the place going about their business, chat isn't full of trolls complaining about WoW and getting groups is incredibly easy. This is probably a better grouping game than WoW, which already was good for groups.

Wow was the first game in history with a hostile community some games has copied that from wow and are therfore wowo clones.

• Calhoun619Calhoun619 Member Posts: 126

Originally posted by dubyahite

Amazing. You guys can't comprehend it accept the fact that there are actually people out there that enjoy this game. So when someone posts that they do like it you accuse him of trolling.

Im sorry, but yours is not the only opinion that matters.

The OP is clearly enjoying the game. he's not alone either.

Im sorry, but the OP said SWTOR is the best MMO since WoW. Im not calling him a troll or even down talking the fact he like SWTOR. My point is simply look at what you have thats also come out since then to compare SWTOR too.

Realistically is SWTOR being the "best" MMO to come out since WoW really saying anything? Is that really something to be proud of with the current state of this genre where it is?

IMHO its like saying "hey those other 50 turds hit the water in the toilet, but ours is clinging to the side of the toilet still dry!!!"

Not something I would go bragging about personally.

• cutthecrapcutthecrap Member Posts: 600

Hmm. Saw this post, felt like reacting.

If you're unable to enjoy MMO's anymore of the past 8 years, don't you think that maybe the problem lies with you?

It sounds like someone saying, 'yeah, sure I'm a music fan, I just don't like any music at all that has come out the past 10 years.' Or someone claiming 'sure I love tv shows, only nothing that has been made the past 10-15 years'.

I don't see such persons as allround music fans or MMORPG fans at all, if you can only enjoy 1 out of every 20-30 MMO's or even less. Or if they're MMO fans, then they're fans with a very narrow, restricted taste.

Not just with MMO's, with every field: if someone hates or dislikes over 95% of what can be found in that genre, or only 1 branch of that field, then that person isn't a true fan of that genre.

If the only sport you're passionate about is basketball and the rest not, then you're a basketball fan, not a sports fan, if someone only loves heavy metal and doesn't care at all about as good as all other music categories, then that person isn't really a music fan, but just a heavy metal fan.

Same with MMO's: if you only love 1 out 20 or out of 100 available MMO's, then you're not a MMO fan as someone who loves the MMO genre, but just a fan of that 1 game or the subcategory it belongs to.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Must be April fools already.

• cutthecrapcutthecrap Member Posts: 600

Originally posted by moosecatlol

Must be April fools already.

Out of the top of my head, the top AAA MMO titles that have come out since WoW are LotrO, Aion, AoC, WAR, Rift, Vanguard and SWTOR. There have been other interesting titles, but those I'd consider the big ones.

I don't see why the OP must've been joking, I can see why someone would opt SWTOR to be the best one since WoW to have come out, even if it isn't my number 1 option. Makes sense enough to me.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I don't see it ever getting 10 million players, do you even understand how many players that are?

TOR is already the second largest MMO who ever came out, few games before it have topped even one million players and none have kept them past a month.

But TOR is too close to a singleplayer game to ever have that many players, it is mainly focused on telling a story but both the PvP and endgame are far from perfect and still need a lot of work.

If the game would have been F2P or B2P 10 millions are possible, but I don't see it happening now, I don't see it come up to 10 million boxes sold ever. You can actually count the PC games that sold that well on the fingers on your left hand (The Sims (1, 2 & 3), World of Warcraft, Half-Life 2, StarCraft and Battlefield 2), yeah, I count all the sims as one game but they each sold over 10 million copies.

TOR is not a bad game but I think it will be hit rather hard when GW2 releases. While GW2 have less of a story it offers as least as much other stuff without a monthly fee.

/sigh

WTF is wrong with folks!

Why is it always about numbers? To be honest, of all your post this right here suprises me the most.

Also to mention again how some of you continue to label it as a SIngleplayer game.

-Flashpoints

-Heroic Missions

-Operations

-Pvp (Premades)

The players make the choice to engange with other fellow players in game not the game itself.

Almost everything you listed stands largely  vacant on every server, with only a handful of players running that content at any given time.

Almost everyone is silently soloing their hearts out.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Best MMO ever until lvl 50.

• dannydeucedannydeuce Member Posts: 310

2 major flaws with your post OP.

1.  You don't make such claims after 1 day of playing.

2.   Playing the numbers game "10 million" is highly shunned upon.

With that said, I can understand why you would like this game having only played WoW before it.  It has many positive things going on with it and it really is a solid game from my point of view.  It has a lot to offer and a wide range of things to do to a certain degree.

Do I still play it?  Nope I beat it...3 times...in about a month and half.  That's where it went south for me.   MMO's should not ever have that feeling of being "complete".  That's why it really does feels more co-op than massive.  

• SandboxSandbox Member UncommonPosts: 295

Major flaw with your post OP, this is not a real MMO.

• snoop101snoop101 Member UncommonPosts: 400

I stopped reading after he said WOW had a good community. Obvious troll is obvious

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

Originally posted by korent1991

Think I got it! He's a EA employee. This is the last day of one of those fiscal quarter things so he's worried about his job, which has driven him to extremes.

In his defense he claims to know TOR is the best game since WoW but ok, we all know you can't judge a MMO in 10 hours, but you can judge single player games in that amount of time. Maybe that's what he really meant?

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Originally posted by Kyleran

/sigh

WTF is wrong with folks!

-Flashpoints

-Heroic Missions

-Operations

-Pvp (Premades)

Almost everything you listed stands largely  vacant on every server, with only a handful of players running that content at any given time.

Almost everyone is silently soloing their hearts out.

Really? Every single server is vacant? Sounds like you're just pulling something out your ass. Out the 3 servers I have toons on, they're all alive and kicking.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Originally posted by Isasis

I avoided playing SWTOR because of all the hate it gets, but yesterday I bought it and played all day. And wow! This just overtook WoW for me.

Get back to us in a month.

• DinastyDinasty Member UncommonPosts: 212

Some people like to eat chalk too.