Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any predictions on ArenaNets April Fools joke will be this year?

WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

The commando?

The minstrel?

April Fools! The game is actually not even in development   (omg don’t even joke about that....)

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

Comments

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

With all the reaction around the cash shop, it would be hilarious if they added an "I WIN" button to the cash shop for like $50 as an april fools joke. 

Would show they are able to laugh at themselves and all the controversy. Im certain it would get a reaction!!

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• C1d0sC1d0s Member UncommonPosts: 238

A solid release date.

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328

Originally posted by stragen001

With all the reaction around the cash shop, it would be hilarious if they added an "I WIN" button to the cash shop for like $50 as an april fools joke. 

Would show they are able to laugh at themselves and all the controversy. Im certain it would get a reaction!!

If they do that I'm not coming back to the forum until after April 10 and with a copy purchased ^^ The flame would be unbearable...

Then again it really went straight down after Tera announced they would have box, sub and cash shop like TSW has... All the fanboys are in the same boat and hopefully it won't escalate further.

• therez0therez0 Member Posts: 379

Their April Fools joke will be to announce a release date, then redact it on the second.

Then 8 days later they will re-confirm the date announced on the first.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Yeah. That wouldn't surprise me. Maybe a "Tactical Nuclear Device" ("The TND can be used to instantly neutralize a keep's or castle's player defenses in World versus World").  I bet they could come up with many more absurd cash shop items for laughs.

If they pass up on the opportunity to make fun of the cash shop people should be REALLY worried about their actual plans for it.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

RobertDinn will do a complete 180 , he’ll make 735 positive posts about GW2 and admit he was always on the payroll for ArenaNets pr department

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Announce a release date of april 20th.... 2021.

Showcase the item shop full of items like 200% damage boosts for PvP, insta-kill PvP guns, keep destroying tactical missiles for WvW, and so on.

Announce that by popular request they're changing Asuras to Gnomes and Charr to Pandas.

Flying sparkly unicorn mounts.. :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

I think they will just make an elite skill of rainbow and little ponies flying around in a mess of particule effects, ho ye in the cash shop.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Beta Access... and then April 2nd comes around and you realize it wasn't a joke.

I can dream, can't I?

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I can't wait. I loved the commando last year :) The Minstrel like the OP mentioned could be this year's.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Would been fun, but this could actually hurt their product. So many stupid people out here allready say its P2W and if they give them another reason, even if its a joke they will think its true

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Google always has great april fools jokes too - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Google's_hoaxes_and_easter_eggs#April_Fool.27s_Hoaxes

My fave is from 2002 when they explained how googles pagerank system worked

Cant wait to see what they have up their sleeves for this year ;)

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• therez0therez0 Member Posts: 379

Originally posted by Baddogbill

RobertDinn will do a complete 180 , he’ll make 735 positive posts about GW2 and admit he was always on the payroll for ArenaNets pr department

I lol'd.

That would be some serious dedication to Aprils fools day... A joke several years in the making.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I'd love to see a new Commando profession video where the commandos deal with an invasion of Panda Monks threatening Tyria. :)

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• CaponestyleCaponestyle Member UncommonPosts: 112

Fake beta invites for all and client download, but when you load it up and enter you key it says APRIL FOOLS SUCKS

• MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427

All GW2 videos were fake, they spent 95% of their budget on voice-overs so they had to go 8 bits 2D anime scrolling. In the item shop you can buy potions to kill all creatures on screen and scroll to the next screen. You have 1000 screens to finish the game and a screen potion costs only 1 dollar!

• GWFandaddyGWFandaddy Member Posts: 180

Originally posted by fiontar

I'd love to see a new Commando profession video where the commandos deal with an invasion of Panda Monks threatening Tyria. :)

Good idea, but, I'd rather see the commandos deal with the invasion of trolls on this board.

• TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427

Some form of Bear race and the land their are from has their name in it.  They will be the only race with a set profession which is similar to MONKs...  Pandacity or Pandatropolis.   With Panda skills and stuff.  cause that would be AWESOME!!!

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Id almost bet on a phony cash shop reveal.  With outrageous stuff all over the fake reveal.  

• BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333

Cash shop joke is a possibility, they may try to make light of their cash shop and continue to maintain their defense that the game is a free to play game, while ignoring you pay $60 for it. Or they may not want to touch on the cash shop at all. I mean look at their twitter, people are asking and it's a hot topic, but they're not responding to any of it. Fake Guild wars 2 release date seems like a good one.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by Caponestyle

Fake beta invites for all and client download, but when you load it up and enter you key it says APRIL FOOLS SUCKS

I'd actually laugh, maybe that's how mad I'll be lol.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

They will announce the release date so people think its fake because of april fools, but its not fake it will be very real.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I predict they won't have one at all, as everyone will be expecting it, so announcing anything ridiculous will be pointless :).

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

Hopefully the Pay 2 Win model was an early April Fools joke or I am not coming close to this game.

• StriderXedStriderXed Member Posts: 257

Originally posted by Monorojo

Hopefully the Pay 2 Win model was an early April Fools joke or I am not coming close to this game.

aha..