Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closed Beta nd early access Beta lies by Tasos Flambouras

DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Here is the quote from "Holiday  update 23 dez 2011"

http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/holiday-update-dec-23-2011/

As far as ETA goes, early access beta is planned for Q2 2012, right after closed beta.

We didnt heard anything since.

Was it again a statement from the well known liar Tasos Flampouras ?

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
$OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Comments

• PlutonicwoesPlutonicwoes Member UncommonPosts: 343

[Mod Edit]

EDIT: Where did you find their fiscal calendar where they state when Q2 is for them? The fiscal year is divided differently based on different countries and businesses.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

[Mod Edit]

EDIT: Where did you find their fiscal calendar where they state when Q2 is for them? The fiscal year is divided differently based on different countries and businesses.

So talking to your customer should include using interns to trick them so the actual ETA given to them doesn't fit with the calendar all people use if they talk to each other.

You are free to take the lies of Mr Flambouras tho, we are living in afree world aand if someone like to be lied to then he can be lied to no problem and believe everything.

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

Now multiply that by 4 and you'll have the "Aventurine Time". You should know that by know, Darth, you've been following DarkFall since Launch no?

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

Now multiply that by 4 and you'll have the "Aventurine Time". You should know that by know, Darth, you've been following DarkFall since Launch no?

Pre launch was different because there wasn't any company - customer relation.   They delivered  the first 2 expansion in a timeframe that was missed but still was acceptable.

The grace time is over  because they overstretched it by far the last 2 years.

The 2010 game changes  that never happened.

The early Q2 release of the Arena expansion that never has been released.

The August ETA last year for the DF2 ETA .

With today we enter  DF early access Beta Q2 2012, which will be precceded by a closed Beta !? 

Either Mr. Tasos Flambouras don't know whats going on in his company to be that missinformed about the status so he misses to tell a realistic ETA or he is a liar deliberating lying for tactics similar to Bait-and-switch.

• ChaosChestChaosChest Member UncommonPosts: 97

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

Pre launch was different because there wasn't any company - customer relation.   They delivered  the first 2 expansion in a timeframe that was missed but still was acceptable.

The grace time is over  because they overstretched it by far the last 2 years.

The 2010 game changes  that never happened.

The early Q2 release of the Arena expansion that never has been released.

The August ETA last year for the DF2 ETA .

With today we enter  DF early access Beta Q2 2012, which will be precceded by a closed Beta !? 

Either Mr. Tasos Flambouras don't know whats going on in his company to be that missinformed about the status so he misses to tell a realistic ETA or he is a liar deliberating lying for tactics similar to Bait-and-switch.

Good post and I totally agree. They have been using bait and switch or deceptive marketing for a long time to try and keep its players from leaving. And I beleive that the company can be sued for it. It simply is not acting in good faith to produce,develop,and support the game but continue charging a monthly fee and claiming that they are currently working on X , Y,  and Z updates that are coming soon... without ever being implemented into the game.

Their latest is failing to start the so called closed beta of "df 2.0" - arena-2010.  As we know. A closed beta must happen before the so called open beta starts. By the way. It is now April 23rd 2012.

• HolgranthHolgranth Member Posts: 380

Hey Darth remember when us "trolls" looked at beta and said, "if it took seven years to make this how will they ever crank out enough content and keep things balanced?"  Remember when we said Tasos and crew were full of it? Remember when we said they would have trouble finding investors to keep their heads above water? Remember the doom and gloom about darkfall getting killed by its own developers? Remember when I said that Tasos was basically an armchair developer who got a little further than most?

Well we were wrong. I was wrong. DF has lasted far longer and been far stronger than we thought. But a lot of the criticism of AV still stands. Say what you like about Ghostcrawler at least he talks to the people and tries to deliver on promises and explain his reasoning. AV never apologise, never deliver and never communicate.  Welcome to what I saw during beta....... a company that is really not that well run or talented.

Dem hibbies! Dey be wrong!

• Ash_EmeraldAsh_Emerald Member Posts: 10

For those who've followed AV more closely, especially their financing, it appears that AV ran out of money for DF 2.0 development last summer (2011) and let most people go.  They got new financing in January (2012) and have hired a bunch of new people, who must of course go through a long learning curve.

Where that leaves DF 2.0 is anybody's guess.  One person you cannot listen to however is Tasos, as he is a chronic liar.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Originally posted by Ash_Emerald

For those who've followed AV more closely, especially their financing, it appears that AV ran out of money for DF 2.0 development last summer (2011) and let most people go.  They got new financing in January (2012) and have hired a bunch of new people, who must of course go through a long learning curve.

Where that leaves DF 2.0 is anybody's guess.  One person you cannot listen to however is Tasos, as he is a chronic liar.

If they released a PvE server with 4X skill increase, they could probably find money quickly. I would imagine they could probably fill at least 2 or 3 PvE servers.

AV doesn't  listen or learn lessons they will remain the amteurish and incompent company. 

I am afraid they wont have any success ever.

Newest update same rubish, we will tell you in a another update soon about outr plans, sanme rubish like the last years in August 2011 you will get the ETA about DF 2.0. 

Now we in Mai 2012 and still no ETA.

• alf2oooalf2ooo Member UncommonPosts: 139

Originally posted by Atlan99

Originally posted by Ash_Emerald

If they released a PvE server with 4X skill increase, they could probably find money quickly. I would imagine they could probably fill at least 2 or 3 PvE servers.

No pve shit please, it has no sense and its just the weirdest thing to do for a dfo server, you really wouldn't want to play that game anymore if it was a pve game.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Originally posted by alf2ooo

No pve shit please, it has no sense and its just the weirdest thing to do for a dfo server, you really wouldn't want to play that game anymore if it was a pve game.

You wouldn't.

However FFA full loot PvP is a tiny niche.

If they had a seperate ruleset for other players it could bring in more income. This would give them the funds to make DF2. It would save them from running out of money and having to find investors.

• alf2oooalf2ooo Member UncommonPosts: 139

I understand what you mean but if you think of it the only features working in darkfall would not work in a PVE environment, from sieges to villages mechanics to resources, crafting and full loot; there is no doubt DF needs to get more appealing to masses, but i dont think that's the right way.

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742

Well, 500000 player tried Darkfall even when everybody knew it was crap. If they made a pvp mmo and not an insane pve mmo, I guess they could have done ok. I will agree that a full-loot mmo with a humongus PVE grind is a tiny niche.

We`ll have see if  DF2 has the same chore as DF1 before you claim full -loot to be a tiny niche.

• DrinkFeckDrinkFeck Member UncommonPosts: 189

Aventurine is built upon lies and deception, it's something you get to used to when following/supporting Darkfall for neally 5 years. Take anything they say with a pinch of salt, nothing is gospel.

Tasos 'Flamingo' is renound for his lies.

Originally posted by Hotjazz

Well, 500000 player tried Darkfall even when everybody knew it was crap. If they made a pvp mmo and not an insane pve mmo, I guess they could have done ok. I will agree that a full-loot mmo with a humongus PVE grind is a tiny niche.

We`ll have see if  DF2 has the same chore as DF1 before you claim full -loot to be a tiny niche.

You still don't understand why so many player left.  t was not not because of Darkfall's PvP part, it is because of lack of any other viable playstyles.

DF's current   population just shows why FPS in a big quake Arena is a niche game.  DF didn't even had a area control system tied to holdings to justify the fight over them. I am not sure thats what they plan to introduce IN DF 2.0  is worthy for a complex sandbox  system we oldschool MMORPG's player  wait for to see in game.

Global AH and instant return to grave shows me it wil become more of a quake Arena then what its is and less of a sandbox the playerbase wish to play.