Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Otherland: The Making Of EightSquared

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The team behind Otherland has a new "making of" video to share today. In the latest episode, the team shows of EightSquared where the White and Red Armies are mired in an endless war against one another. "Green fields, Victorian architecture and gigantic chess pieces floating in the sky dominate this world created by Tad Williams."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• EmwynEmwyn Member Posts: 546

Big fan of the books. Interested to see how the whole project turns out. The binary code in the water was a nice feature and a reminder that you aren't in the real world anymore.

the poster formerly known as melangel :P

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

This looks amazing, I love the look and feel of 8 Squared already.

This game looks better and better every video I see...  I'm already impressed with their animations and art style.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Wau thats something new and fresh . Will follow this game :)

• AlienShoresAlienShores Member UncommonPosts: 79

I was really worried about Otherland being turned into an MMO.  I figured it would be a big flop and a waste of a good IP, but after watching this video I have to say I'm pretty impressed.  I really like the way they are approaching things.  Can't wait to see more!

• sirachsirach Member UncommonPosts: 54

Nice video, it looks like they came up with an interesting concept in this game. I have to admit I've never heard of this IP however. Wikipedia here I come. 

• EmwynEmwyn Member Posts: 546

Originally posted by nadaji

Nice video, it looks like they came up with an interesting concept in this game. I have to admit I've never heard of this IP however. Wikipedia here I come. 

oo honestly even if you never play the game, the books are amazing :)

the poster formerly known as melangel :P

• meltingstarsmeltingstars Member UncommonPosts: 51
  • SabbicatSabbicat Member UncommonPosts: 290

Good start. I just hope that as things progress that the hype doesn't turn into a let down when it finally gets released.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

the game will be interesting but its a f2p dont expect anything special

• Hattie94Hattie94 Member Posts: 6

The binary code in the water was a nice feature and a reminder that you aren't in the real world anymore.