Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Guild Interface Video Preview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During last weekend's Guild Wars 2 beta event, we took some time to examine the ins and outs of the guild interface to see how well it will facilitate the formation of an awesome guild. See what we discovered in our video preview of the guild interface.

Earlier in the week we highlighted the User Interface of Guild Wars 2, but one thing we didn’t dive into was the Guild UI during the beta weekend.  So today, we’ll do just that in this video exploration of the system.  It’s pretty darn extensive, even at this stage of the beta. 

Check out Bill Murphy's Guild Wars 2: Guild Interface Video Preview.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• oddbat1334oddbat1334 Member Posts: 33

I am becoming increasingly aware that potentially several devs, or at least Eric Flannum, are Black Compny fans, what with the Ardath's and Croaker's I see trampsing about in so many of these videos. This pleases me.

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

Another good video.   As a guild leader this is a pretty important part of any MMO for me.  It looks like it has all the functionalty I would need and the interface in general looks very clean.

• ZeGermanZeGerman Member UncommonPosts: 211

Still don't really understand this multiple guilds thing.  They say you can only be in one guild at a time but that you can sort of be in many.  Is this like an easy switch guilds button to let you go back and forth between several?

• deathangelldeathangell Member CommonPosts: 85

Has there been any talks of having a Alliance tab very similiar to DAOC. The way it worked there was that the main guild could claim lets say the keep but the alliance guilds would claim towers and if there tower was under attack a message in aliance chat would pop up and say hey a patrol from your tower/ keep has been killed with THIS MANY people near it. That way say people are PvEing because WvW is slow they can stop what there doing and help defend or something along those lines. i bring it up because that was under basically the guild page and it also allows people to be a small entity instead of maybe wanting to join this huge guild. Could also allow then to contribute some influence for assisting each other in the world. promoting community.

• GreenieGreenie Member Posts: 553

Originally posted by oddbat1334

I am becoming increasingly aware that potentially several devs, or at least Eric Flannum, are Black Compny fans, what with the Ardath's and Croaker's I see trampsing about in so many of these videos. This pleases me.

Glad you pointed that out. My favorite book series of fiction. Would love to see it on the bigscreen one day.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

Originally posted by ZeGerman

Still don't really understand this multiple guilds thing.  They say you can only be in one guild at a time but that you can sort of be in many.  Is this like an easy switch guilds button to let you go back and forth between several?

looks like a guild hoppers dream coming true...try get invited to as many guilds as possible and just only really use "the best" of them...aint too fond of this personally

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Hey BioWare, are you taking notes?

Anyhoo, looks fantastic tbh.  I still really hope for customizable guild keeps/islands or some form of nice guild hall or even a small village... the more options the better.... I'd love to see a variety of Guild HQ's

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

*INSERT ERROR ALARM*

"None of this is bought with in-game gold, and instead has to be earned via simply playing and accomplishing things with your characters active in the guild."

Actually there's an option to buy shitloads of Inf directly with gold through the drinks vendor, saw that in another vid. Up to 10.000 Inf for 100 gold or something. This also yields a direct line between cash and bonusses: Cash -> gems -> gold -> Inf = WvW bonusses

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by DarkPony

*INSERT ERROR ALARM*
    "None of this is bought with in-game gold, and instead has to be earned via simply playing and accomplishing things with your characters active in the guild."
    Actually there's an option to buy shitloads of Inf directly with gold through the drinks vendor, saw that in another vid. Up to 10.000 Inf for 100 gold or something. This also yields a direct line between cash and bonusses: Cash -> gems -> gold -> Inf = WvW bonusses

You are misinforminated about that.
  • EmwynEmwyn Member Posts: 546

*INSERT ERROR ALARM*

Do you drink influence? That's a funny thought!

the poster formerly known as melangel :P

Originally posted by RefMinor

*INSERT ERROR ALARM*

About time you'd trademark that line lest someone will steal it :)

Or add it to your sig: "The Original Misinforminator™"

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

exactly like WoW's guild achievements and progression system...

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Originally posted by Melangel

*INSERT ERROR ALARM*

Do you drink influence? That's a funny thought!

No but srsly .. you "buy drinks for the city". Ranging from a simple toast to a week long festivity option: the citizens are grateful and reward you with Inf.

Not making this stuff up!!!1111oneone

Here it is:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Promoter

I told u gusy but u dinnut beleiveded me! V_V

Here it is:

LOL! I was thinkin you know, drink some influence down the pub! I know a few people who probably feel like they are doing just that when they have had too many pints. But I see you are serious!  I am lol image

Here it is:

LOL! I was thinkin you know, drink some influence down the pub! I know a few people who probably feel like they are doing just that when they have had too many pints. But I SEE you are serious!  I am lol image

I can relate to that! And I understand the misconceptionalizing. I wouldn't have believed myself either.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

*INSERT ERROR ALARM*

DP is right, even with his lack of source -_-.( Seems more professional to add sources, just my opinion)

Here is what he was referring to, and its been used for many different purposes, there's even been talk of him being a type of gachapon for rare crafting materials or even blueprints. It's very possible that there may be different versions of Nolan in the future, as Guild Wars has always been about having options... most of the time.

The last comment given about this situation is that they're looking at options to give smaller guilds the oppurtunity to earn a presence on their server. Because currently influence is extremely difficult to earn with a guild of 5-20. ZoS had over 200 members with 30-60 active at all times of the day.

Originally posted by moosecatlol

DP is right, even with his lack of source -_-.( Seems more professional to add sources, just my opinion)

Here is what he was referring to, and its been used for many different purposes, there's even been talk of him being a type of gachapon for rare crafting materials or even blueprints. It's very possible that there may be different versions of Nolan in the future, as Guild Wars has always been about having options... most of the time.

The last comment given about this situation is that they're looking at options to give smaller guilds the oppurtunity to earn a presence on their server. Because currently influence is extremely difficult to earn with a guild of 5-20. ZoS had over 200 members with 30-60 active at all times of the day.

3 posts above yours.

3 posts above yours.

Yes. I can't blame him for asking for sources though, nor for writing slowly :)

edit: and he gave some extra insight into Inf gathering rates too.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Originally posted by RefMinor

*INSERT ERROR ALARM*

About time you'd trademark that line lest someone will steal it :)

Or add it to your sig: "The Original Misinforminator™"

I call cash shop advantage buying what it is, I am just one of the Misinforminated™ and obviously need to educate myself until I have achieved groupthink.
  • RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

*INSERT ERROR ALARM*

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Art_of_War#Art_of_War

200 GOld to get everything for a single fort lol.

No but seriousely, if this has chaned they need to change the wiki.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

*INSERT ERROR ALARM*

Games over, i quit. You have done it Dark pony you have proven the cash shoppers = win.

Just like in SWg where i once paid for an account that had a doctor and dancer on it to get buffs. No one could beat me because i had buffs and they didn't.....

Wait they did , they spent in game currency to buy each buff .. it was cheap. ..

Oh well you would have done it , if your agruement had any power to it. But you are correct you could get pvp bonus from in game currency which you could buy from a 3rd party gold seeler website or the cash shop. Both of which will most likely not be needed for said boon. But w/e man.

Yeah gusy did you hear that GW2 will have no mounts, This is BS... wait  so you cannot ride a dark pony mount?  Is that what all this drama queen, negitive gw2 hystaria is about. Don't worry Dark pony there is always lotro.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

Yes. I can't blame him for asking for sources though, nor for writing slowly :)

edit: and he gave some extra insight into Inf gathering rates too.

Didn't think of that thought maybe he missed it! image

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

Can't really report anything unusual in the UI. In fact it reminds me a bit of the default UI from Funcom for AoC right now. This report is not worthy of reporting. Right up a beta impression and put it in there.

Originally posted by Jetrpg

*INSERT ERROR ALARM*

Games over, i quit. You have done it Dark pony you have proven the cash shoppers = win.

Just like in SWg where i once paid for an account that had a doctor and dancer on it to get buffs. No one could beat me because i had buffs and they didn't.....

Wait they did , they spent in game currency to buy each buff .. it was cheap. ..

Oh well you would have done it , if your agruement had any power to it. But you are correct you could get pvp bonus from in game currency which you could buy from a 3rd party gold seeler website or the cash shop. Both of which will most likely not be needed for said boon. But w/e man.

Yeah gusy did you hear that GW2 will have no mounts, This is BS... wait  so you cannot ride a dark pony mount?  Is that what all this drama queen, negitive gw2 hystaria is about. Don't worry Dark pony there is always lotro.

Wow, I'll take whatever you are having.

Anyway, why name the one other game without PVP in the main gameworld?

Lotro bored me after three months; beautiful world but eventually so predictable and stale without players trying to gank your ass.