Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Darkness: Ready When it's Done

Comments

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

The urban environment reminds me of Dark City.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

World of Darkness will use the same Carbon engine as their other products, meaning that they will also use the single-shard world...

I'm dying to know how that is even possible.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Originally posted by GTwander

World of Darkness will use the same Carbon engine as their other products, meaning that they will also use the single-shard world...

I'm dying to know how that is even possible.

A wild guess, multiple channels ... or modular expanding territories, ie the bigger the population, the more continents are added.

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

Im always optimisitc and love new things.  This seems farily fresh and new, I would give it a go 100% when it releases.

Also what about the day a night cycles or weather system that will be implimented into the game?  Im sure CCP wouldnt just leave it static all the time.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    I want my WOD and I want it now dammit! All kidding aside I want CCP to take their time and do a great job. It's a great IP and many great expectations will be assumed!

***** Raving Rabbid is caught partying with the Toreador ladies *****

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

CCP eh? Very nice, I'll be keeping an eye on this one for sure.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,820

"Ready When it's Done "

Oh come on, ready when the investors won't wait any longer to see some return you mean!

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

Ready when it's done is a step up on what's been released lately. My opinion.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• SonshouSonshou Member UncommonPosts: 18

Originally posted by Melangel

I see lots of VTM and VTR and I'm lost. At the risk of sounding completely stupid (too late!) how does one go about getting a back story for this without playing the table top game? I'm not unwilling to play the table top game but I think I would be playing it alone. If this isn't likely to be out for years then that's time to learn a bit and understand what's going on at least in some way. Any suggestions?

Yes, a good way to experiment Vampires in modern days is Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, that will give you a lot of material from the WoD RPG books and novels, you could choose between 7 playable vampire clans (there are 13 in total) and you'll know about the sects, Camarilla and Sabbat.

To keep experimenting about the dark and gothic concept in WoD you could try Vampire The Masquerade: Redemption, this was released before VTM:B and you can play from Dark Ages in Europe and learn more about the background.

Both PC games have many endings, so if you like them, probably you'll want to play them again and have your rewards. Depending of your actions you'll get those endings.

After that, you should read the books if you want even if you can't play it with somebody. There are core books to have a general view of the game and there are the clan books to know more about their background, disciplines and unique features of every vampire clan. It's a great universe to discover. BTW, exist the Old WoD and the New WoD, you must read the Old WoD (oWoD), the MMO will be set in the Old WoD. The New is a different game.

I have the feeling CCP will bring the MMO in a correct way, especially after have heard all the plans and adaptations from the PnP they're trying to implement. The source material is great that's why the PC games are great. Being CCP creates MMOs and not Single Player Games Online and gives importance to the social and RPing aspects, nothing could fail.

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

Its still VAPORWARE. i been saying it for years.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

Not a fan of Eve but I think this IP and CCP are a good mix. Time will tell.

You stay sassy!

• EmwynEmwyn Member Posts: 546

Originally posted by Sonshou

Yes, a good way to experiment Vampires in modern days is Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, that will give you a lot of material from the WoD RPG books and novels, you could choose between 7 playable vampire clans (there are 13 in total) and you'll know about the sects, Camarilla and Sabbat.

To keep experimenting about the dark and gothic concept in WoD you could try Vampire The Masquerade: Redemption, this was released before VTM:B and you can play from Dark Ages in Europe and learn more about the background.

Both PC games have many endings, so if you like them, probably you'll want to play them again and have your rewards. Depending of your actions you'll get those endings.

After that, you should read the books if you want even if you can't play it with somebody. There are core books to have a general view of the game and there are the clan books to know more about their background, disciplines and unique features of every vampire clan. It's a great universe to discover. BTW, exist the Old WoD and the New WoD, you must read the Old WoD (oWoD), the MMO will be set in the Old WoD. The New is a different game.

I have the feeling CCP will bring the MMO in a correct way, especially after have heard all the plans and adaptations from the PnP they're trying to implement. The source material is great that's why the PC games are great. Being CCP creates MMOs and not Single Player Games Online and gives importance to the social and RPing aspects, nothing could fail.

Will look into the boardgames as you say the instructions alone may be worth it and I might be able to guilt trip my husband/son into playing with me. I've never liked vampires since watching Salem's Lot as a kid image and Twilight and Buffy never were my thing. However this seems to be a pretty cool grown up sort of world and I never realised how closely some of it ties into the steam punk era. HUGE steam punk fan. Thanks for the advice :)

the poster formerly known as melangel :P

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

I think having GW2 and Diablo 3 to entertain me for a couple years will work.  All I need is for this to be out by the end of 2014.  Come on CCP that is reasonable!

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Would be nice to see it released when it is actually done rather than the usual 'sort of done, it'll do'.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

People whined and cried that they didn't want to wait any longer for an official release date for SW:TOR, and paid the price for their impatience.

"Ready when it's done" sounds fine to me.  Blizzard's been using the same mantra for years, and they're sitting pretty, despite Kung Fu Pandarens.

• galliard1981galliard1981 Member Posts: 256

I honestly hope we will not be flodded by players with names such as Edward12 or Bella444.

And as a huge fan of WoD i think i will wait until werewolf expansion is released. I love garou world with their indian mythology. Besides, i am pvper so it will be sweet to start the hunt when the game is well filled with prey.

Playing: Rohan
    Played (from best to worst): Shadowbane, Guild Wars, Shayia, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, Rappelz, Archlord, Knight online, King of Kings, Kal online, Last chaos

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

Anything seen on this game is the same corner street with the same over-loud music with the same comments. Funny thing is, does anyone know anything about this game? To me ,it seems a test in "lets see if we can get enough hype for investors" attempt. Sorry, not impressed.

This should not even be in a Featured Article, nothing here is anything new or actual information.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by Rambo621

[Mod Edit]

So first you say you don't like CCP, then you say you don't like their player base.

Well I don't like generalizations.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

Ya I am hoping GW2 is what people say it is (and possible nice updates to some current games making them worthwhile coming back) and that this game is as good I hope it will be. I played White Wolf games white a bit throughout the many years and a sandbox style game in that world could be very sweet indeed.

You stay sassy!

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by lunatis

Engine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr_KVNrxtRI&feature=related

That's fantastic looking
  • EmwynEmwyn Member Posts: 546

edit

the poster formerly known as melangel :P

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Think I'm going to explode. a game company doing a game right? Hell froze over. 

• AshluraAshlura Member UncommonPosts: 127

Im on the fence. Not too sure about this one. Im intrigued, but we shall see