Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Titan playable - Rob Pardo official word

wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172

Can't think why nobody posted about this yet!

Rob Pardo has officially said that he himself has been playing Titan. Obviously this doesn't mean 'much' but it is the first time anybody has said pretty much anything on the matter. The official twitter post is as follows:

https://twitter.com/#!/Rob_Pardo

just got to do a playtest in Titan - pretty rough still, but lots of fun too!

is it better to say nothing about Titan or occasionally mention it? knowing that I can't mention any "real" details....

Comments

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

image kewl

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Omg ...The Avatar IP based mmorpg we've all been waiting for is already playable? :o

*hugs a tree*

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455

Originally posted by kostoslav

Yeah, you know, the tall blue peoples with tails.

I know what Avatar is but didnt know that Titan is  Avatar IP. I aint playin smurfs mmo.

• MogcatMogcat Member UncommonPosts: 193

Originally posted by DarkPony

lol we dont know yet for a while people thought it was halo moo. Also I love your animated gif in your signature.

Originally posted by Mogcat

lol we dont know yet for a while people thought it was halo moo. Also I love your animated gif in your signature.

that is THE BEST signature on mmorpg.com

Originally posted by Mogcat

that is THE BEST signature on mmorpg.com

Thanks u gusy <3

• GazenthiaGazenthia Member Posts: 1,186

How many years have they been working on that thing, and it is still rough around the edges?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

• DinastyDinasty Member UncommonPosts: 212

I have absolutely no confidence in Blizzard to produce anything even remotely awesome. Just look at the last few years of WoW plus D3 is a joke. Probably find something better at the bottom of a garbage truck. Bad track record is bad.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Originally posted by Dinasty

I have absolutely no confidence in Blizzard to produce anything even remotely awesome. Just look at the last few years of WoW plus D3 is a joke. Probably find something better at the bottom of a garbage truck. Bad track record is bad.

and  yet, to date, they have produced the most succesfull, most played, most addictive mmo on the western hemisphare by a looooonnnng shot on top of one of the most famous RTS games in the world (SC).

you got to give credit where credit is due.

as for Titan, if it's already playable it means it's been in production for at least the past 5 years......so i highly doubt it will be anything new, or very exciting. hopefuly it's will be fun though.....

• GazenthiaGazenthia Member Posts: 1,186

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

and  yet, to date, they have produced the most succesfull, most played, most addictive mmo on the western hemisphare by a looooonnnng shot on top of one of the most famous RTS games in the world (SC).

as for Titan, if it's already playable it means it's been in production for at least the past 5 years......so i highly doubt it will be anything new, or very exciting. hopefuly it's will be fun though.....

They haven't been producing games outside of the WoW phenomenon, 2004. SC2 came out, what, fifteen years later and we haven't seen jack shit about the 'expansion' that was originally conceived as part of the base of SC2 to begin with. So we're going on twenty years to see 2/3 of SC2.  We're not seeing anything about that 'expansion' because SC2 turned out to be a shitty game that hardly anyone is playing.

Diablo 3 has also taken over a decade to come out, I'm not particularly optimistic about it either. It can't get much worse than SC2 though, and at least they have an incentive to at least try and make it sucessful via the RMAH.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

Originally posted by Gazenthia

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

They haven't been producing games outside of the WoW phenomenon, 2004. SC2 came out, what, fifteen years later and we haven't seen jack shit about the 'expansion' that was originally conceived as part of the base of SC2 to begin with. So we're going on twenty years to see 2/3 of SC2.  We're not seeing anything about that 'expansion' because SC2 turned out to be a shitty game that hardly anyone is playing.

Well there are currently just over 18,000 SC2 games being played @ 5pm GMT. most evenigs 7pm GMT its closer to 24,000, not bad a for a 2 year old game.  But yes they do seem to be dragging their feet with these expansions, but if you hang around the SC2 fan sites blizzard regulay put out info on the expansion.

Diablo 3 has also taken over a decade to come out, I'm not particularly optimistic about it either. It can't get much worse than SC2 though, and at least they have an incentive to at least try and make it sucessful via the RMAH.

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

Titans IP is avatar?  Thats a bit tough to swallow.

Also I decided to compete with the animated sig everyone has been clamoring about, here is what I came up with.

• BoatsmateBoatsmate Member Posts: 208

"Ron Pardo"?  Never heard of him. The name sounds like a gameshow host, like "Pat Sayjack". Now I know why i think that. I think the fat guy on ,"The Price Is Right" was named Don Pardo. Anyway, I guess important people in games can play them when they still look like,"Pong". I need more info. Too early,imo.

Ballerinas are always on their toes. Why don't they just get taller ballerinas?

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

Look like Blizzard just made WOW again with slightly newer graphics...

It's not going to win back most of the people they lost tbh.  Also since most of the guys who originally developed wow left blizzard, I doubt it will be any good.

Originally posted by NasherUK

Look like Blizzard just made WOW again with slightly newer graphics...

It's not going to win back most of the people they lost tbh.  Also since most of the guys who originally developed wow left blizzard, I doubt it will be any good.

What are you looking at? we don't even know what Titan is other than it's a MMO let along what it looks like.  Seems the Haters are coming out early this year.