Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Launch Date Poll

Comments

• KhetnenKhetnen Member Posts: 16

I'm hoping for this summer! (so I have more time to play it)

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

June 28, 2012, give or take a few weeks, would be my educated guess. I don't expect it to be any later than late August.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

June 19, just to screw up TSW's launch

• oddbat1334oddbat1334 Member Posts: 33

Did this really happen? Is this actually a thread that managed to go a whole three pages without flames?

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    I've vote jun too, 1 month after Tera release, to grap those players that's leaving that game.

also looking at companies now, as long as majority if the game is playable, they will release and grap the cash upfront first, polishing and other contents can be added in with patches later on.

RIP Orc Choppa

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Very omptimistic...

So far the closed beta showed only stuff from lvl 1 to 30, 3/5 races and 1/8 dungeons..

Just got a feeling that there remains much much more work then we are thinking.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

We know that Arenanet has a ready when it is ready philosphy. I thought it would be fun to show the following:

Here are some other game pre order to release dates from the past to compare: (Pre Order based roughly when respective companies announced)

Age of Conan - Pre Order April 16th - Launch May 20th (5 weeks)

Warhammer  -  Pre Order Start Aug - Launch Sept 16th  (7 weeks)

Rift - Pre Order Start Jan - Launch Start March (9 weeks)

Darkfall - Pre order Mid Feb - Launch End Feb (2 weeks)

LOTRO -  Pre order Feb 1st - Launch April 24th (13 weeks)

Interesting to see what happens with GW 2

GW1 Schedule for reference and remembrance :)

Pick your Pre-Order box up at a store Sept 2004 (US)

First Beta Weekend: Nov 6-8th 2004

"Players who preorder Guild Wars also have access to exclusive monthly Beta Weekend Events that feature first looks at new gameplay elements, technological advancements and environments to explore. "

The schedule for the final three Beta Weekend Events was approx 1 month apart:

* February 18-20, 2005

GW1 - Pre order Start March 2005 EU 

* March 18-20, 2005

* April 15-17, 2005

GW1 - Pre order Start march EU - Launch 12.00AM April 29th

GW2 - Pre order April 10th - Launch ............

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

late june at the latest. the game is basically ready for open beta. they gotten tons of feedback from the press betas, and have another 2 months for tweaking. plenty of time.

• DarknezzzzDarknezzzz Member Posts: 82

I'm going to be a complete optimist and unrealistic person but I will say June or July this year.) Yeah, that's how optimistic and hiped I am.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

With a lot of things still needing to be ironed out, bugs and the possibility that Asuran and Sylvari areas are not finished, my guess is that release will not come earlier than July/August and possibly later, Hope I'm wrong though.

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

All of the systems, classes, races, and skills are in and functional. All that's left is the busywork of filling everything out (maps, sounds, graphics, etc.), fixing bugs, and testing balance. It's a time-consuming process, but the hardest parts are done.

I voted for July, but I think it will be out in late June or early July. I would be surprised if it went later than August.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

That is what I'm looking at. They are promising beta to those who pre-order so there is still a reason to preorder. I can say GW1 came out of the oven perfectly for a online game. If they are true to their words, it's still going to be a while. Personally I would be more apt (and I know I'm odd here) I would rather have the pre-order come out with a release date several months away vs very soon. My gut feels it needs more testing.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

July 1st. Or something like that. If not I'm afraid we will have to wait until September. =/

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

oh please God let it be soon so the number of threads about this game will decline... lol.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

June 28, 2012

If that's wrong then September 22, 2012.  :)

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• El_LionEl_Lion Member UncommonPosts: 154

28 June

Eaglix

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by HorrorScope

That is what I'm looking at. They are promising beta to those who pre-order so there is still a reason to preorder. I can say GW1 came out of the oven perfectly for a online game. If they are true to their words, it's still going to be a while. Personally I would be more apt (and I know I'm odd here) I would rather have the pre-order come out with a release date several months away vs very soon. My gut feels it needs more testing.

Correction:

They are promising beta to those that pre-PAY, not spend 5 bucks on a pre-order, but rather pre-pay for the entire cost.  For GW1, pre-orders DID get to do the beta weekends.  For GW2, only pre-PURCHASES get to do the beta weekend events.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• StuporityStupority Member Posts: 53

Originally posted by El_Lion

28 June

Come on guys, we can do better than that. What time and which TZ? US launch vs. EU launch? Will it rain that day or not? What is the meaning of life? Why do I respond to this idiotic thread making it even more idiotic (no need to reply just to say because I'm an idiot)?

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328

Originally posted by Stupority

Originally posted by El_Lion

28 June

Come on guys, we can do better than that. What time and which TZ? US launch vs. EU launch? Will it rain that day or not? What is the meaning of life? Why do I respond to this idiotic thread making it even more idiotic (no need to reply just to say because I'm an idiot)?

12:00 EST

US and EU at the same date/time

It will rain in Sweden and England at least

Cause you're bored?

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

July has always been a safe guess of mine and I am going to stick with it, I just feel with the pre-orders coming April 10th you need to leave some time before BETA starts, then a month of beta and some time between the end of beta and release, to finalize sales, set up servers, get marketing going and all that jazz.

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

Originally posted by just1opinion

Originally posted by HorrorScope

Correction:

They are promising beta to those that pre-PAY, not spend 5 bucks on a pre-order, but rather pre-pay for the entire cost.  For GW1, pre-orders DID get to do the beta weekends.  For GW2, only pre-PURCHASES get to do the beta weekend events.

Good point. I hope they are releasing when done and not because it's been taking forever and funds are drying up. That isn't a good sign if you are a fan boi or not. Just want it to be ready, mmo's get baptized anymore for coming out way too soon.

• LazureusLazureus Member Posts: 26

September 25th is my prediction. Based on absolutly nothing at all!

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

I'd say June is most likely for one reason. There are significant signs showing a release date in the next few months. From pre-orders, to 'open' BWEs, to retail partners being set up. I would say even earlier but frankly there are a number of games hitting in May, it's already to crowded, so June makes sense to me.

If not June, then perhaps September or October simply because nobody releases games in mid-summer for one valid reason, people just aren't playing. In WoW for example the concurrent players drops significantly in the summer months. So if not june, September/October as there are no (to my knowledge) other MMOGs coming out in that time span unless Blizzard moves up the typical expansion release date, which they may well do in order to stem the flow of subscription losses.

Frankly I'm just happy we'll have it this year. The sooner the better in my book, but 'when it's done' is fine by me.

• CorthagathCorthagath Member Posts: 291

thinking that theres still no vegetable people or golums in beta, it cannot come in during summer...

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by Corthagath

thinking that theres still no vegetable people or golums in beta, it cannot come in during summer...

Maybe.  But ANet is adamant about keeping as much of the game secret for as long as possible as well.  Even though they are the most recently announced races, everything but their captial cities could be done by now (seeing as we've witnessed the fully working models at shows already).