Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So can we call Guild Wars 2 the ultimate Care Bear MMO?

MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

The majority of the fans of this game seem to be completely against personal achievement and any osrt of progression that will make any players better than anyone else.

This sounds to me like an MMO for all the people who failed horribly in other MMORPGs, whether it be PvP or PvE. You don't have the time to invest in your character and make serious progression? Get Guild Wars 2. This game is ideal for parents, but does not seem like a good fit for the hardcore or even regular mmo player whatsoever. This seems to be a haven for casuals and "bads".

Am I missing something here?

Comments

• Shana77Shana77 Member UncommonPosts: 290

Originally posted by Monorojo

The majority of the fans of this game seem to be completely against personal achievement and any osrt of progression that will make any players better than anyone else.

This sounds to me like an MMO for all the people who failed horribly in other MMORPGs, whether it be PvP or PvE. You don't have the time to invest in your character and make serious progression? Get Guild Wars 2. This game is ideal for parents, but does not seem like a good fit for the hardcore or even regular mmo player whatsoever. This seems to be a haven for casuals and "bads".

Your missing everything. 

• WolfynsongWolfynsong Member Posts: 237

PvP.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Yeeeep.

Am i going to waste my time explaining it?

Nuuuupe.

Good Day, Sir.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• WhySoShortWhySoShort Member Posts: 315

God help us all. 

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

The whole "I just wanna have fun!" crowd reminds me a lot of people who stood in fire constantly in WoW

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

The more I read into it the more I think this way also.

While there is something to be said for everyone on an equal playing field in mobas and fps skill wise, but in an MMO I just dont see the point. Given the scale of the WvWvW PvP, an Individual player no matter how awesome or skilled he is wont mean anything. The deciding factor is going to be who has the biggest zerg that somewhat coordinates. 

• headenheaden Member UncommonPosts: 229

It's going to be nice not having the subscriptions as fodder for these people to use to bait this game with. It'll also be really nice with the overflow server system to not have to deal with the server merging nonsense.

I guess it will be these types of comments instead. Which is a lot more lulzy to read than the "xfire number" type posts.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Please call your toon Monorojo when you play GW2 so I will recognise you in PVP. Have to warn you though that you won't be able to hide behind tier/rank 328478734 PVP gear or stats like those 'hardcore' games give you :p

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

You can call it whatever you like.  Your petty attempts to stop people from playing it are still going to fail.  

I bet that's very troubling for you.

The whole "I just wanna have fun!" crowd reminds me a lot of people who stood in fire constantly in WoW

Ah, you are a fan of WoW, that explains much. Go on back to it and laugh at the peeps in that fire. We're laughing at you, right now, much the same.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

well cant see anyone disagree that GW2 looks to become one of the most casual friendly MMOs ever, but to say it lack any "serious progression", is wrong too....there is hard encounters in PvE, how hard is yet to be seen ofc and what is a challange is very diffrent from person to person, and PvP will be as hardcore as you make it out to be, depends if you care for the server bonuses you gain from WvW and the ladders in the instanced tournament matches.

Can we please for once, stop the fanboi crap, personal attacks and hurrr go back to wow hurrr nonsense.

If you feel the OP is wrong in his observations post FACTS in an CONSTRUCTIVE way to disprove him.

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Game is going to fail, the grass is too blue greenish.

We get it douchbag.

Please for the love of god, come up with something of an argument. Anything that has a shred of credibilty, would be more than willing to hear it. Heck, even Anet is too Im sure. Till then, this is an asshole posting asshole stuff.

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768

Its pretty funny for the people that call others "bads" are the people that want the pvp gear to hide behind. 

Originally posted by karmath

Can we please for once, stop the fanboi crap, personal attacks and hurrr go back to wow hurrr nonsense.

If you feel the OP is wrong in his observations post FACTS in an CONSTRUCTIVE way to disprove him.

you single handedly just made the interent dumber, congrats.

Yikes the amount of name calling and petty attacks coming from this fanbase just becuase I voiced some concerns is disturbing. It makes me fear that the community for this game is going to be down right awful too IMO

I haven't played WoW for a very long time, that game got tiring. That game has nothing to do with th3 fact that this game seems to be better fit for those that couldn't take the progression of other MMO's.

Please, stop trying to defend him. this exact thread has been done over...and over...and over...and over...you get the point.

His questions have been answered so much, this can only be a troll thread, sorry.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• EzekelEzekel Member Posts: 98

How can we prove him wrong when he has not made any real claim? The only thing he is saying is that progression = Hardcore, and that Level playing field = Carebear.

We can hardly point to PvP progression to show him he is wrong, and there is little point in trying to show that having a level playing field means better competition.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Originally posted by Bunks

See, this is a thread I don't understand why mods don't delete this and ban his ass.

Seriously, you guys ban people for calling dumb assholes dumb assholes but let this shit just continue.

Carebear? Have you played asshole?

Lets be friends.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Carebear? No... Lacking any real pve insentive? Yes...

So far its really shaping into a disapointment. Its one thing maybe doing pvp and having some ranking to go against others, it makes up for me over gear. When it comes to pve though, you need SOMETHING. Cosmetics doesn't do anything at all for me. I want some progress, even if its such a minor bit of progress it makes me feel like I accomplished something. With the 'pay' system as it is, it seems like anyone with money has the power to instantly catch up with any bit of 'gear' they need (weapons having certain damage being what i heard is the only factor) which leads me to wonder... why even play?

It really makes me wonder about this games longevity. Sure, we can say we play games cause we enjoy it, but in the end its all about earning something. When all you can really earn is credits (money) which can just as easily be bought through real money, what are you really working to achieve? Theres just nothing... absolutely nothing.Why even invest a lot of time into a game that there really isn't much for me? I'm really not that hardcore into pvp and outside that just nothing really has a purpose behind it. I don't think care bears even want a game where you earn nothing from it. Everyone wants to gain something and it just looks like you really earn absolutely nothing out of your work... zip... zilch... nada...

PvP to me is just a side note that is fun sometimes but ultimately not something i can invest 5 hours of my day on and enjoy it. I need more and really I have yet to see what will keep me drawn in. 

Sorry rant... in short, no its not for care bears... I have no clue who it is for besides maybe those hardcore maybe wanting to be top pvp? *shrug*

Originally posted by Ezekel

How can we prove him wrong when he has not made any real claim? The only thing he is saying is that progression = Hardcore, and that Level playing field = Carebear.

We can hardly point to PvP progression to show him he is wrong, and there is little point in trying to show that having a level playing field means better competition.

If thats the way you think, explain your point and give examples as to why you think it will work in an MMO and not be boring, too easy or carebear. Like in my post I said the WvWvW would seeem to me whoever has the biggest zerg will win everytime. 

• blognorgblognorg Member UncommonPosts: 643

I found a video featuring Monorojo.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Carebear, bads, failed. Yeah, the OP created a very constructive post. With my reaction I tried to show that if there is something that isn't carebear in GW or GW2, it is PVP. If you lack skill, you lose. There is no gear to get an advantage over players with.

PVE is not all carebear in GW2 either. While the main pve lvling content is fairly easy just like in any other MMO, The challenge is in the mega events and dungeons in exploration mode.

Anyway, the OP either misunderstood the working together part in events in GW2 PVE or is just baiting.

Originally posted by Purutzil

So far its really shaping into a disapointment. Its one thing maybe doing pvp and having some ranking to go against others, it makes up for me over gear. When it comes to pve though, you need SOMETHING. Cosmetics doesn't do anything at all for me. I want some progress, even if its such a minor bit of progress it makes me feel like I accomplished something. With the 'pay' system as it is, it seems like anyone with money has the power to instantly catch up with any bit of 'gear' they need (weapons having certain damage being what i heard is the only factor) which leads me to wonder... why even play?

It really makes me wonder about this games longevity. Sure, we can say we play games cause we enjoy it, but in the end its all about earning something. When all you can really earn is credits (money) which can just as easily be bought through real money, what are you really working to achieve? Theres just nothing... absolutely nothing.Why even invest a lot of time into a game that there really isn't much for me? I'm really not that hardcore into pvp and outside that just nothing really has a purpose behind it. I don't think care bears even want a game where you earn nothing from it. Everyone wants to gain something and it just looks like you really earn absolutely nothing out of your work... zip... zilch... nada...

PvP to me is just a side note that is fun sometimes but ultimately not something i can invest 5 hours of my day on and enjoy it. I need more and really I have yet to see what will keep me drawn in. 

Very well put sir.

So what if you don't PvP? Once you have run the end game dungeons in story mode and finished your story, you quit? Or Keep playing just to get literally shinier armor that has no tangible benefit whatsoever in game? I think the vast majority will quit and fast.

Originally posted by Purutzil

Sorry rant... in short, no its not for care bears... I have no clue who it is for besides maybe those hardcore maybe wanting to be top pvp? *shrug*

^^Take a note OP, this is how its done. You ATTEMPT to make it sound credible by putting something that is somewhat sane. You're not informed enough to provide us an opinion, so just give us your guess.

The whole hater thing is nonsense and so is the fanboi BS. What we have are these types:

Misinformed people who still spew opinions as facts, informed people who form opinions, and those who believe something regardless of the facts.They are the agenda driven.

Here is a history lesson, opinion and argument have somehow switched definitions over the centuries. Opinion used to be when someone who was well versed in the facts or was someone with intimate experience to what was needed to be known, explained it to others. Arguments was when you just said things for the sake of creating conflict. As in a court room, you argue the facts. But the witnesses were giving opinions. ie expert credible  testimony.

If someone states an opinion, and is truthful, factually correct, and well reasoned. Whether I agree with it or not, it's not fair to call them a hater or a fanboi. That's not an argument, it is an explanation.

If someone states a prediction, its based on a guess. You can laugh at it or you can agree with it. Some people are better at it than others (fact). Don't see why anyone would label this person either way.

If someone states an opinion, and it's based on nothing that is known at that point, you can laugh at it or you can call it what it is, a troll, a sh!t stirrer, or even a malcontent. These are what mods should be banning or deleting. Not this ludicrous paradigm that was invented by internet evolution of, don't attack others or you will be banned BS. When these threads get posted they are based on nothing but agenda driven nonsense, that in and of itself is an attack, a personal attack on all of us.

I dont give two craps of some lame mod banning me, but for the love of god , why the hell don't they ban people like yourself what the fk is wrong with this site?

This discussion has been closed.