Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allods Online: GDC 2012 Preview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During the Game Developer's Conference, we caught up with the Allods Online team to talk about the "Overture of the Damned" update. Overture of the Damned is, according to gPotato, the most ambitious expansion to the game ever. See what we discovered.

The folks at gPotato began by letting us know that one of the update’s most significant additions is the new currency exchange. The currency exchange allows players to trade up in-game gold for cash shop currency. Not being an active player of the game, I couldn’t tell you how fair the ratios are, but I would hope they’re realistic enough for players to bother with this feature.

Read more of Mike Bitton's Allods Online: GDC 2012 Preview.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Too bad leveling in this game is such a brutal task.

Smile

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by Razeekster

Is it still as grindy as it used to be? They told me they were trying to get people to Astral Ship level as soon as possible. I think that was 40?

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Do most gpotato games fall under the pay 2 win category? Just curious from an outside perspective, having not played any.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

Originally posted by Naral

Do most gpotato games fall under the pay 2 win category? Just curious from an outside perspective, having not played any.

yes, though it is possible to be on par with cash shop players through ingame means (just takes much longer)

• WontoonRooWontoonRoo Member UncommonPosts: 22

I wonder if they ever changed the death penalty to not be cash-shop reliant? I remember the curse that randomly affects an equipment slot and the only way to remove it was a cash shop item. Did they ever change that?

• ShiningMeowShiningMeow Member UncommonPosts: 3

Originally posted by MikeB

Is it still as grindy as it used to be? They told me they were trying to get people to Astral Ship level as soon as possible. I think that was 40?

They've been doing a bunch of "Lucky Moments" which give 2x to random rewards like exp, drops, rep, etc. Doesn't help so much when I've been stuck at the first dungeon for almost a week now because there isn't enough people to do it with. Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a part of the main storyline... Not enough new players coming in.

@WontoonRoo: They haven't removed the system but they made Holy Charms free in the cash shop to prevent it. It's really annoying because the charms only last 24 hours.

• JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu Member UncommonPosts: 251

Allods devs are also a bit innovative too. This must be the only game where the hardest content game had to offer (its only raid prior to this ptch) was revamped with newest patch, so it doesnt drop any gear anymore. Any. I bet they figured having more than one raid is such a bad thing that they removed gear drops from yesterdays end game content, so something that was the hardest thing to do 30 days ago, and is still a challenge to most of its players, doesnt give any drops anymore. 

awesome implementation, hope other games follow it and revamp all of its previous content so it becomes useless with every bigger patch. 

ah they also made it impossible to make in game money anymore (you basically spend more than you can farm, even with dedicated time to farming, and only way to 'farm' money is via newly introduced money exchange npc - something similiar to gw's gem exchange system'. 

tldr: they managed to undo all their good work past that dreaded patch that made everyone quit, and we are back to square one again. aka me and most of my guildies are moving to another game, again :p

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Originally posted by WontoonRoo

I wonder if they ever changed the death penalty to not be cash-shop reliant? I remember the curse that randomly affects an equipment slot and the only way to remove it was a cash shop item. Did they ever change that?

The item to prevent item curse as a death penalty is obtainable for free in the cash shop. It's still in the cash shop, it doesn't cost anything, but it only lasts 1 day. Most players have tons of them from when they were free and didn't have a 24h duration on them.

imageimage

Originally posted by JimyHumuHumu

Allods devs are also a bit innovative too. This must be the only game where the hardest content game had to offer (its only raid prior to this ptch) was revamped with newest patch, so it doesnt drop any gear anymore. Any. I bet they figured having more than one raid is such a bad thing that they removed gear drops from yesterdays end game content, so something that was the hardest thing to do 30 days ago, and is still a challenge to most of its players, doesnt give any drops anymore. 

awesome implementation, hope other games follow it and revamp all of its previous content so it becomes useless with every bigger patch. 

ah they also made it impossible to make in game money anymore (you basically spend more than you can farm, even with dedicated time to farming, and only way to 'farm' money is via newly introduced money exchange npc - something similiar to gw's gem exchange system'. 

*snip*

Huh what? It's impossible to farm money? I farm money almost every single day in the few hours I play. It's only a few dollars worth a day, but it's something. How can you spend more than you can farm? Does your build suck so bad that it can't cope? Can't you work together with guildies to spend even less on myrh and such.

How is it even possible to fail to earn gold while farming it. That's a proposterous idea, and one I've certainly never experienced, not even with the Gipat patch, even if then it was really hard to get by.

If you can't get by in the current patch, then you're doing something wrong.

imageimage
  • JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu Member UncommonPosts: 251

Originally posted by JoeyMMO

*snip*

Huh what? It's impossible to farm money? I farm money almost every single day in the few hours I play. It's only a few dollars worth a day, but it's something. How can you spend more than you can farm? Does your build suck so bad that it can't cope? Can't you work together with guildies to spend even less on myrh and such.

How is it even possible to fail to earn gold while farming it. That's a proposterous idea, and one I've certainly never experienced, not even with the Gipat patch, even if then it was really hard to get by.

which game are you playing ? I never said its not possible to farm money per se. It is. Its just that end game needs require more money than you could possibly farm. No you cant work with guildies to spend less myrh, not even sure what was that about? Also, im not sure what level are you but at end game, lvl 51, it takes 1k myrh to use any of your patron skills (aka 11g per skill ) and they just recently nerfed a4 loots so they are basically worthless now. 

And im talking just about money you need to turn in your emblems, use myrrh, upgrade gear, etc etc not even considering any runes/other cash shop stuff you might want to buy, which is really really not doable atm. 

and no i actually made a bard, and could finish my 10 Trials in 20 mins tops (unless i got really really bad luck and get -2 trials several times) when i was doing it for my reinc, not sure how many sucky builds have so easy time doing trials.

Or maybe youre not even at end game yet and have no idea what am i talking about, in that case yes you can farm money to satisfy your basic leveling needs, but not much more than that. 

tldr :at end game, you NEED more money than you could possibly farm. Thats about it. Now which part of that you dont understand, and which part implied to my sucky build which makes me use 11g per martyr skill? 

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

Originally posted by MikeB

NO they have made changes to this game. Its more easier and less stressful to level in this game. Since there is way more content than before there isnt the need to grind unless you want to farm. They finally fixed this game. 

Edgar F Greenwood

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

Originally posted by JoeyMMO

*snip*

which game are you playing ? I never said its not possible to farm money per se. It is. Its just that end game needs require more money than you could possibly farm. No you cant work with guildies to spend less myrh, not even sure what was that about? Also, im not sure what level are you but at end game, lvl 51, it takes 1k myrh to use any of your patron skills (aka 11g per skill ) and they just recently nerfed a4 loots so they are basically worthless now. 

And im talking just about money you need to turn in your emblems, use myrrh, upgrade gear, etc etc not even considering any runes/other cash shop stuff you might want to buy, which is really really not doable atm. 

and no i actually made a bard, and could finish my 10 Trials in 20 mins tops (unless i got really really bad luck and get -2 trials several times) when i was doing it for my reinc, not sure how many sucky builds have so easy time doing trials.

Or maybe youre not even at end game yet and have no idea what am i talking about, in that case yes you can farm money to satisfy your basic leveling needs, but not much more than that. 

tldr :at end game, you NEED more money than you could possibly farm. Thats about it. Now which part of that you dont understand, and which part implied to my sucky build which makes me use 11g per martyr skill? 

This game is so easy to make money in you just have to be dedicated . Yeah they gimped the gold on missions but what do you really need  money for except for myrth?  The exchange is very helpful and fair its easy to get gpots with out having to buy them. Stop complaining and play the damn game. 

Edgar F Greenwood

*snip*

Then farm it! Or don't you know how to farm? Instead of blowing all your gold on martyr skills and useless refines think before you spend your gold. You don't HAVE to blow 20 gold on myrrh for martyr skills only to die 5 seconds later in WH.

You could even skip a bit of L4 and just farm gold elsewhere, even if L4 pays very well. If you're going to be blowing all your money by using greens to refine your gear, then don't come crying that you don't have enough gold if all you do is running L4.

In short, you don't NEED more money than you can possibly farm. You might WANT more gold, but you surely don't NEED it. It's perfectly fine to sell L4 drops that aren't worth spending money on.

You're saying it can't be done, I'm doing it every day. Try thinking first and acting later.

imageimage
  • steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121

Is Dead Sea still completely glitched?  And wow, what a high rating of 7.9...

• bigwingsbigwings Member Posts: 3

actualy this game worth playing just for the fun of pvp and skirmishes.lvling to top lvl its not that hard u just have to quest not grind and yea u need to pay some euros to be better but it's doable without it too... just that it takes longer. ow and its not that expencive as rappelz from gpotato is .

Your chioce

I sleep i eat i f*** ...I`M a PIMP