Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What combos will you be using for Tournaments?

itssantositssantos Member UncommonPosts: 84

I know we are still in beta and everything can change but I want to believe the majority of us and our friends have a single class they are really excited to play and will use for pvp.

5 v 5 our team would be

Thief (me)

Brother(guardian)

Elementalist(co-worker)

Mesmer (frienD)

Engineer (friend)

AS you can see the lot of us all wanted to try something different so it feels like a more complete group. I feel Guardian with a hammer and the circle that does not allow enemeies to leave or ente will really help lock a target down and allow for aoe and mesmer range clones to do their damage. Thief poison cloud to amplify the ranged projectiles.

Comments

• Spades37Spades37 Member Posts: 9
    Umm...this game does not have arenas
  • itssantositssantos Member UncommonPosts: 84

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by DarkPony

Charr (Artillery Barrage specced)

In action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UUY-T9lDJ2Mcob5YslazNjBw&v=XlYUVvyDMNs#t=617s

You realise that they might tow down the effects of the barrage just a tiny bit before release..

I think i might spec for a bar rage in the barbrawl min i game.

Personally i think that for the structured PvP the golden rule is anything goes as long as the player is skilled.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

You realise that they might tow down the effects of the barrage just a tiny bit before release..

I think that is quite a reasonable assumption :)

Still, skills like these (also the human AoE root (x2) + snare racials and the Golem suit of Assura chars show a very different stance on racial abilities compared to other games; Race is much more of a factor.

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

Originally posted by Spades37

Umm...this game does not have arenas

Structured PvP is considered an arena

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

and racial skills doesn't go in the arenas - no charzoka there ! thats only for WvW

The original post and title were discussing 3v3 arenas and have been heavily edited. Also arenas are more like a small scale deathmatch whereas structured pvp in this game can be 5v5 or 8v8 (I think) with actual objectives like capture points.
  • DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by jondifool

and racial skills doesn't go in the arenas - no charzoka there ! thats only for WvW

Ah ok, I see.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Wait we can use racials in Tournament pvp?

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

the only friend i have that actually plays mmos only plays a private server of WoW lol... so dont really matter to me about combos, ill join any group. I wont stick to 1 class either in the game..

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

Originally posted by Spades37

The original post and title were discussing 3v3 arenas and have been heavily edited. Also arenas are more like a small scale deathmatch whereas structured pvp in this game can be 5v5 or 8v8 (I think) with actual objectives like capture points.

Oh, I see, so an arena to you in like th octogon or something? A small enclosed space?

Fine, its not an arena....lol

It does not have to be small but the term "arena" in an MMO instantly makes me thinks of WoW arenas which were indeed small teams in a small space in a deathmatch. The only objective there was to kill the other team first.
  • Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

Originally posted by itssantos

5 v 5 our team would be
    Thief (me)
    Brother(guardian)
    Elementalist(co-worker)
    Mesmer (frienD)
    Engineer (friend)

I didn't know they had a brother class. Is that like a monk? Nice that you got your parent/guardian to play.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311

5 necroes equipped with full minion utilities =  30 minions + 5 players gg

Edit: keep in mind Jagged Horrors are random minion spawns and each player can have up to 8 so that is an additions 30+

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Originally posted by pacov

Edit: keep in mind Jagged Horrors are random minion spawns and each player can have up to 8 so that is an additions 30+

I can't see this as an effective strategy. Minions arent strong, a few aoe's and those are gone, then you arent left with anything, as you are specced for them....

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311

Originally posted by Toxia

Originally posted by pacov

I can't see this as an effective strategy. Minions arent strong, a few aoe's and those are gone, then you arent left with anything, as you are specced for them....

watch this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0aZavbIBqFQ#!

its just one necro... and minions are strong with 60% health trait.. there is also trait for 20% CD on minions so you could bring them back pretty fast.. idk but a massive army of minions that deal anywhere between 150 to 400 dmg seem OP to me

Edit: plus no team would know ahead of time that they all need to equip AoE skills to prevent this.. I mean not that many professions have AoE skills.. certainatly not thief or guardian