Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Response from the guy The Mittani Harrassed

2»

Comments

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by bunnyhopper

Originally posted by RefMinor

Originally posted by Ankur

Most of the people are using this guy as an excuse to flame goons. I really doubt they care what happens to him in real life.

And that does not excuse the original actions of the Mittani, it has no bearing on any of this, it is beyond EvE Online

What? It has a rather large bearing on the whole fake moral outrage crusade part.

Sorry but people with zero connection to either party involved and zero connection to the game, who are banging on about the event on a forum from which zero good/bad will come from their posts.. are just rabble rousing.

Still everyone loves a good internet lynch mob amirite?

I don't have to have a connection to recognise poor behaviour. It doesn't matter to me about EvE or it's politics, it's nice to see terrible behaviour rightly damned, or do you disagree with the Mittani that his his behaviour was abhorrent.
    Originally posted by Calfis

Originally posted by Opapanax
    There's no black and white here.. It's straight forward, you can not incite others to try to harass someone. It's basic common fucking sesne or and yea.. Basic human decency..

Incidently, as soon as he comes back he plans on inciting his entire coalition to harass people in the most populated solar system on the single shard. 

Because he now realises the difference between a game and real life.
  • NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Griefers suffer from inferiority sindrome, but they are also inheritely agressive. Meaning they wish to harm other people but they are afraid to do it.

Virtual world gives them opportunity to harm other people with no risk to them selves.

It feels so good to them that they are willing to pay anything to get it. And companies like CCP take advantage of that.

This is why i stoped playing EVE, and other FFA PVP games.

Because they are not made for PVP , they are made for griefing - they give huge upper hand to cowards

And if you are not one , there is simply no point in playing.

One of the better posts I've read in a long time on these forums. Well said and so true.

• sycofiendsycofiend Member UncommonPosts: 129

Mittani is perfect example of half-monkey tosser

And he should be sanctioned for what he did. Hopefully charged for treath and intention of body harm. By the police.

(people go to jail for less than what he said there)

In defence of EVE , not everyone playing the game is like that. In fact i met more polite and intelligent people there, than such idiots.

Problem is that CCP and companies like that encourage this type of players.

Reason is simple.

Griefers suffer from inferiority sindrome, but they are also inheritely agressive. Meaning they wish to harm other people but they are afraid to do it.

Virtual world gives them opportunity to harm other people with no risk to them selves.

It feels so good to them that they are willing to pay anything to get it. And companies like CCP take advantage of that.

Because they are not made for PVP , they are made for griefing - they give huge upper hand to cowards

Kind of honing in on one point you made that is divergent from the purpose of the thread, but I too have found that oddly for a griefing based game, the community (minus some extreme exceptions) in general is head and shoulders more helpful and mature than any other MMO community I have participated in.

Probably because EVE isnt a insta-gratification game and attracts and older, more patient crowd I am guessing. My own kids still play wow/rift and dont understand why I like EVE.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

I don't have to have a connection to recognise poor behaviour. It doesn't matter to me about EvE or it's politics, it's nice to see terrible behaviour rightly damned, or do you disagree with the Mittani that his his behaviour was abhorrent.

It is one thing to recognise poor behavior and quite another to repeatedly bang on about it. It is not constructive, non of the parties is going to take anything from people white knighting on this forum. So after a couple of posts, what is the point about continually going on about it exactly if you have no connection whatsoever?

Many are just rabble rousing, there is no real moral outrage, people just want to see someone "punished". Which is pathetic.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

It is one thing to recognise poor behavior and quite another to repeatedly bang on about it. It is not constructive, non of the parties is going to take anything from people white knighting on this forum. So after a couple of posts, what is the point about continually going on about it exactly if you have no connection whatsoever?

Many are just rabble rousing, there is no real moral outrage, people just want to see someone "punished". Which is pathetic.

The last few posts I have been responding to your excusing of the behaviour. I don't keep dredging the thread back up
  • Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

While I don't really know the whole story, it's things like this that keep me from even trying EVE. I play games to have fun, not to harrass or be harrassed by other people. If I want that then I will play an FPS which is the main goal of the genre to just kill people and brag about it. The fact that people actually pay to have this done to them is almost sad.

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

Originally posted by Sector13

While I don't really know the whole story, it's things like this that keep me from even trying EVE. I play games to have fun, not to harrass or be harrassed by other people. If I want that then I will play an FPS which is the main goal of the genre to just kill people and brag about it. The fact that people actually pay to have this done to them is almost sad.

I see these in every thread regarding some type of bad issue in Eve and I have to say it's such a naive attitude.  If you have played ANY MMO in the last decade you'd know there are people out there who act immature and juvenile.  One, or even a small group, of players who act this way isn't an accurate indicator of the rest of the population.

Yes, Eve is a cutthroat game but that's part of the attractiveness as much as a pitfall.  There are plenty of noobie corps in the game that have so much good experience to give to people.

Buck up, butter-cup, the world isn't all rainbows and ponies.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

Originally posted by Quesa

I see these in every thread regarding some type of bad issue in Eve and I have to say it's such a naive attitude.  If you have played ANY MMO in the last decade you'd know there are people out there who act immature and juvenile.  One, or even a small group, of players who act this way isn't an accurate indicator of the rest of the population.

Yes, Eve is a cutthroat game but that's part of the attractiveness as much as a pitfall.  There are plenty of noobie corps in the game that have so much good experience to give to people.

And your point? I know quite well that life isn't "rainbows and ponies" but when I am out to have fun, why would I want to deal with those immature and juvenile people while paying for it? That seems so illogical to me that it makes me wonder why people even bother playing games like that. The fact that someone who does actions like in this story actually tried to claim "I'm not a sociopath or a sadist" it outright laughable. They are only appoligizing because it became an issue. I would say someone like that should burn in hell but the fact that people play that game and to get in that situation are just as bad. If you're into EVE like gameplay then you're either a sociopath, a sadist or a masocist. Take your pick. I personally think that games were meant to be fun in themselves, not fun by harrassing other people to the point of possible suicide.

• karankaran Member Posts: 22

pretty stupid thing for him to say, but hilariously overblown reaction. sticks and stones cant break your bones.. i know in europe they dont believe that, but you guys just need to get over.

yeah people on the internet can be dicks. they can be dicks IRL too. instead of getting your panties in a bunch, ignore stupid puerile comments and move on.

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

man, you just gotta love eve.

it's like a bunch of games rolled into one all of them ruthless.

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381

And your point? I know quite well that life isn't "rainbows and ponies" but when I am out to have fun, why would I want to deal with those immature and juvenile people while paying for it? That seems so illogical to me that it makes me wonder why people even bother playing games like that. The fact that someone who does actions like in this story actually tried to claim "I'm not a sociopath or a sadist" it outright laughable. They are only appoligizing because it became an issue. I would say someone like that should burn in hell but the fact that people play that game and to get in that situation are just as bad. If you're into EVE like gameplay then you're either a sociopath, a sadist or a masocist. Take your pick. I personally think that games were meant to be fun in themselves, not fun by harrassing other people to the point of possible suicide.

Some people don't want to play a game where everybody wins. If the people going into the game know that they can't win all the time then whats the problem with losing some? Also some people want to play a virtual world rather than a game. True story.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Some people don't want to play a game where everybody wins. If the people going into the game know that they can't win all the time then whats the problem with losing some? Also some people want to play a virtual world rather than a game. True story.

AWesome F2P (lol) virtual world out there called Second Life. I'll be going there when i want my virtual world, and to my games when i want games ^_^

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Originally posted by Opapanax

There's no black and white here.. It's straight forward, you can not incite others to try to harass someone. It's basic common fucking sesne or and yea.. Basic human decency..

Incidently, as soon as he comes back he plans on inciting his entire coalition to harass people in the most populated solar system on the single shard. 

Because he now realises the difference between a game and real life.

As this event was at first planned to be a celebration of him getting the CSM chair again.

What do you mean with "now", how did you end with your conclusion?

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Mittani is perfect example of half-monkey tosser

And he should be sanctioned for what he did. Hopefully charged for treath and intention of body harm. By the police.

(people go to jail for less than what he said there)

In defence of EVE , not everyone playing the game is like that. In fact i met more polite and intelligent people there, than such idiots.

Problem is that CCP and companies like that encourage this type of players.

Reason is simple.

It's always nice to hear from one of mmorpg.com's resident pschologists.  Whenever a discussion involves FFA PvP one always pops in sooer or later.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by Toxia

AWesome F2P (lol) virtual world out there called Second Life. I'll be going there when i want my virtual world, and to my games when i want games ^_^

Second life doesn't really have any PvP, No one can really be ganked and lose bunch of stuff, you can't conquer cities and put them under a guild flag and be braggarts about it. Some people like this kind of direct competition that EVE is all about.