Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Canceled My Sub (Another Whiney post)

trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

*please dont take this post the wrong way. It isn't a troll post, and I'm not looking to get negative attention. I'm just stating my opinion on this game. The game is not horrible, but I am just posting this so some people that get this game will realize what they are getting into. If you enjoy the game thats awesome. I'm glad you are liking it.*

Anyways I have been playing SWTOR for 3 months and I played through the entire thing. I've done raids and everything. So I think I have a pretty good grasp of what I'm talking about here.

-Firstly the game is a WoW clone, bottom line. If you honestly cannot tell the difference between a clone and something that isnt ripped off then you either have never played WoW, either that or you need glasses. Yes I know MMO's all copy off each other, but they also brought something new to the table as well. For instance Rift. At least they brought something dynamic to the market. SWTOR dosnt bring anything dynamic at all. The only thing is voice overs and story.

-secondly the things good about this game are the story, the voice over work was "ok" but I've seen better in Biowares Previous titles like Dragon Age. Alot of the responces are copy and pasted so you will hear the same replys over and over again. I didn't like this because it shows that the development team couldn't of bothered to make a complete dialogue but instead copy and pasted it into multiple mquests throughout the game. The PvP in SWTOR is horrible because its all Instanced PVP. You can do world pvp but you dont get hardly anything for it. not as much as doing instanced pvp. Although I could be biased because I'm more of an open World PvPer. I hated Battleground in WoW because it ruined the whole point of world pvp.

-thirdy this is one of the easiest MMO's I have ever played. (No kidding) I could of done these raids with one arm tied behind my back, no joke. Right along with How easy wow is now. It's like they made this game for kids who couldnt even do 8th grade algerbra. The raids and operations are all tank and spank. It's the most boring and mundane Cra... I have played since wrath of the noob king. Even Rift raids are at least more challanging then this.

-and lastly After 3 months of wasting my time with this game. Ill say this SWTOR was a complete waste of my time. I wish I never played it. I played the game for 3 months because i wanted to have a good idea what the mechanics of the game were and what the game had to offer. I also didn't want a give an opinion on a MMO that I never raided or really knew about the game itself, Because I always see people playing games and basing their opinions on the first 20 or so levels of gameplay.. i didnt want to be one of those people. So now I can firmly make some valid judgments on SWTOR. I believe that this game should of been a single player game. Not a MMO. Whoever decided to have that space combat in the game should go back and learn how to make a MMO. I loved Bioware Games back in the day with baldur's Gate, baldur's Gate 2, neverwinter Nights. Dragon Age. All single player games mind you, but you could tell they were made very well with good writers, designers, artists, and great voice over work. But after the release of Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3, and now SWTOR I think Bioware games are not as great as they used to be. I definitly wont be wasting my money on anymore bioware games anymore.

This will be the last themepark MMO I will ever play again. Im tired of playing the game same wow forumla over and over again with the same mechanics and them. I'm done with them. If i play anymore WoW formula game I think my brains going to melt

Hopefully Archeage will bring something to the table.

Cheers

-Trash

Comments

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

my whole family just cancelled after this heart break of a game.

I even called EA and got a refund on this months sub money since no one has logged in in weeks

• AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 334

If i get 90 days of gameplay out of a MMO i would say i enjoyed it otherwie in bad games i don't even last more than a week. If you had not enjoyed it you wouldn't play for 3 months so why part ways on such negative note? i also cancelled my sub yesterday but only because i can never play a MMO more than couple of months. I love my breaks.

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

I aint mad at ya homie... The game is a 5 out of 10 at best... the instancing is ridiculous and the PVP is a complete joke. They would have been better served just giving us an updated version of SWG lol, me thinks people would be much, much happier.

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

Originally posted by Zarynterk

I aint mad at ya homie... The game is a 5 out of 10 at best... the instancing is ridiculous and the PVP is a complete joke. They would have been better served just giving us an updated version of SWG lol, me thinks people would be much, much happier.

thanks my friend, and yes I agree with you. SWG PRE NGE was the best MMO I had ever played.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by Ankur

If i get 90 days of gameplay out of a MMO i would say i enjoyed it otherwie in bad games i don't even last more than a week. If you had not enjoyed it you wouldn't play for 3 months so why part ways on such negative note? i also cancelled my sub yesterday but only because i can never play a MMO more than couple of months. I love my breaks.

I don't get that either. If a game isn't enjoyable I don't stick around and pay a subscription to it. If I quit the game tomorrow I'd be happy with the three months of fun I got out of it. I don't understand the POV that if you don't stay subbed to a game for a longer period that it was all a waste. To each his own, but I'll never understand that perspective.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

The pve side of the game is pretty decent, fairly on par with ME and KOTOR series, some of the class stories are cool (like agent). Got 2 toons to 50 and another to high 40's while the rest are level 30-31, I think I've seen enough of the game for now. On the pvp side, it's horrible, it's clear that Bioware is actually trying to eliminate pvp especially on Ilum which so far is working, anyone that cares about pvp will only bother with rated warzones while non rated will probably have extremely long queue times, they are removing Centurion and Champion gear from the game in 1.2 and turning Battlemaster into blue beginner armor, pretty much a slap in the face for any legit pvp grinder (not the Ilum valor exploiter).

Bottom line is if you see a new MMO game that has a dev team having been involved in a previous MMO game that got driven into the ground... chances are they're going to repeat it and not learn a thing and it'd be smart to avoid it past the initial 30 days.

You should read peoples entire posts before replying my friend. :)

Originally posted by trash656

I played the game for 3 months because i wanted to have a good idea what the mechanics of the game were and what the game had to offer. I also didn't want a give an opinion on a MMO that I never raided or really knew about the game itself, Because I always see people playing games and basing their opinions on the first 20 or so levels of gameplay.. i didnt want to be one of those people. So now I can firmly make some valid judgments on SWTOR.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

It's funny: All the buildup of the voice over and story and it's not even all that great, and they clearly put gameplay as second on their priority list. Future MMO developers: Nail down some solid gameplay mechanics and progression ideas first and foremost. Story is important, but people spend far less time talking to NPC's than being out in the world killing stuff or whatever.

They really should have kept voice overs to the personal story and instances/warzones and not have every single quest have it. It really kills the excitement of it rather than giving you something to look forward to during big scenes. And as the OP said, they ended up rehashing a lot of responses. I don't need a huge, drawn out reason for killing a few enemies.

"Please, help me, a GIANT WOMPRAT is eating my wife alive. You have to save her!"

Jedi Respone: "You need to remain calm, emotions aren't helping, now start again from the beginning."

"*sigh* Over in the field, a GIANT WOMPRAT.... WIFE... EATING ALIVE!"

Jedi Response: "I'm on my way, this is what I've trained for."

"Hurry please. Thank you."

End Result...

"So, did you save my wife?"

Jedi Response: "I'm sorry, your wife was eaten alive. I did everything I could."

"Oh no... poor wife. Here's some credits, it's the least I could do."

Jedi Response: "No reward is necessary, but thanks."

... I got carried away. I should be a writer for BioWare.

Originally posted by ktanner3

I don't get that either. If a game isn't enjoyable I don't stick around and pay a subscription to it. If I quit the game tomorrow I'd be happy with the three months of fun I got out of it. I don't understand the POV that if you don't stay subbed to a game for a longer period that it was all a waste. To each his own, but I'll never understand that perspective.

Read .. my... post.. it explains.. why..

*drools on keyboard*

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

I was hoping for something more, but you were right OP, it was just another whiney post.

Disappointing.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Originally posted by Kost

I was hoping for something more, but you were right OP, it was just another whiney post.

Disappointing.

He said in the title that it was "Another Whiney post", and yet you were still disappointed?

[mod edit]

• darkehawkedarkehawke Member Posts: 178

The main problem with swtor is they've tried to stretch a story that is good for a 6 hour game has been stretched to fill a mmo, and it simply doesn't work. They focused on the story and the game suffers for it. Story in a mmo has been done before and has been done better. Look at LOTRO. 

Currently playing- SWG PreCU & GW 2
    Have tried WoW, AoC, & Vanguard, SWG:NGE, GW, LOTRO & SWTOR
    Best MMO: SWG
    Worst MMO: SWTOR

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

I think OP was good. I didnt make it past lvl 30. Fatigue hit and I felt nothing worth loggin in for. He atleast tried to get to endgame. Both results are the same though. Game is unfinished/not fit for MMO.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by Gajari

It's funny: All the buildup of the voice over and story and it's not even all that great, and they clearly put gameplay as second on their priority list. Future MMO developers: Nail down some solid gameplay mechanics and progression ideas first and foremost. Story is important, but people spend far less time talking to NPC's than being out in the world killing stuff or whatever.

They really should have kept voice overs to the personal story and instances/warzones and not have every single quest have it. It really kills the excitement of it rather than giving you something to look forward to during big scenes. And as the OP said, they ended up rehashing a lot of responses. I don't need a huge, drawn out reason for killing a few enemies.

"Please, help me, a GIANT WOMPRAT is eating my wife alive. You have to save her!"

Jedi Respone: "You need to remain calm, emotions aren't helping, now start again from the beginning."

End Result...

Jedi Response: "I'm sorry, your wife was eaten alive. I did everything I could."

No that's far too short! The dialogue should be at least twice as long as killing the womprat. Oh and you should have to trek 5 minutes across the desert to get to the little critter! I don't care about you or your wife or for a detailed explanantion of why your grandparents decided to be arable farmers in a friggin desert. Nor how the dog is off its food since your wife has been gone and that your hemaroids are playing up. 

Read .. my... post.. it explains.. why..

I...did. It...still..makes...no...sense.

I played the game for 3 months because i wanted to have a good idea what the mechanics of the game were and what the game had to offer. I also didn't want a give an opinion on a MMO that I never raided or really knew about the game itself,  

It doesn't take three months to have a good idea of the mechanics of a game are and what it has to offer. That answer was available to you in the free beta or the first month of free play. I'm a very casual gamer and even I can get thru the first 10 levels of this game within a day. At  that point you have access to PVP and flashpoints and can experience what that all feels like.

You could have also saved yourself three months by listening to what Bioware,me  and many other were saying before this game was released: This is not going to SWG2. I know I said repeatedly on these forums that if SWG is your favorite game (no matter which version) then you are most likely not going to enjoy TOR. This is just not the game for you. You could have saved yourself all that money just by following what was said on these forums for the last two years.

Stuff

Lol? Cant a guy play to try and find what he wants? You seem to just be attacking him for actually TRYING to like the game.

Originally posted by Zaltark

Stuff

Lol? Cant a guy play to try and find what he wants? You seem to just be attacking him for actually TRYING to like the game.

If you think that was an attack then you are very thin skinned.

Stuff

If you think that was an attack then you are very thin skinned.

I didnt notice your avatar. My bad.

• toodlepip123toodlepip123 Member Posts: 125

Originally posted by Zarynterk

thanks my friend, and yes I agree with you. SWG PRE NGE was the best MMO I had ever played.

And with that post you nullified ANY argument you may have had or will have.

• toodlepip123toodlepip123 Member Posts: 125

Originally posted by Gorilla

End Result...

No that's far too short! The dialogue should be at least twice as long as killing the womprat. Oh and you should have to trek 5 minutes across the desert to get to the little critter! I don't care about you or your wife or for a detailed explanantion of why your grandparents decided to be arable farmers in a friggin desert. Nor how the dog is off its food since your wife has been gone and that your hemaroids are playing up. 

SO you played a game where the whole emphasis was on deep story, and you were thinking it was something else?

I just feel bad that they used so much money on this MMO. Back in the old days how did they make such good MMOs with such low budget?

I dont mean to be taken as a hater. I tried it, didnt like it. I preorder Delux edition and all. But oh well. Probably never play it again. I think the biggest thing is this MMO tried to put in so many different aspects (like PVP/Space combat) that didnt belong because they dont enhance the story Element. Either you do it well, or dont do it at all. The story is good, yes its Bioware. But the other things dont belong.

• SoopamanSoopaman Member Posts: 65

I really dont see the point of posting your personal game experience. Not everyone will agree or disagree with your thoughts and opinions. I personlly feel I will get a certain amount of months of enjoyment in a MMO. If it took you 3 months to enjoy the content thats great. Move onto something else.

The Gaming Community Can Kiss My Arse

• AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 334

Stuff

Try a game for 3 months? o.O

Originally posted by toodlepip123

Originally posted by Gorilla

End Result...

SO you played a game where the whole emphasis was on deep story, and you were thinking it was something else?

I think people were mostly expecting comparable gameplay as well. To be so focused on one aspect of the game is apparently the same as dooming it to mediocrity, so BioWare has proven.