Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: FanFest 2012 - Party on Top of the World

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Last week marked the annual CCP - EVE Online FanFest. We were on hand to hear all of the good things coming about about EVE Online and more. In this event report, we give you the skinny on all the haps at the Party on Top of the World. Check it out!

The latest 'fan group hug' at EveFest this year had the developer opening their hard drives and letting the contents spill out in keynote presentations, round table discussion, and more than a few bar crawls. Gaming might not be rock 'n' roll but CCP are always ready to give it their all, wireless keyboard and headset at the ready.

Read more of Adam Tingle's EVE Online: FanFest 2012 - Party on Top of the World.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

There's a certain rainbows and unicorns tone to this summary given that it politiely omits the incident generating the most post-event conversation.

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    I agree any summary article should have at least referenced an event such as the Chairman of the CSM encouraging players to harass a named player who was contemplating suicide and convince him to kill himself during an open panel presentation.
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

Originally posted by maplestone

There's a certain rainbows and unicorns tone to this summary given that it politiely omits the incident generating the most post-event conversation.

The man in quesion has apologised and resigned. That's good enough. I think everyone now wants to move on to more positive subjects.

• shakermaker0shakermaker0 Member UncommonPosts: 194

And when this was written, no resignation, and hadn't heard of the incident. It was a massive thing at EveFest, and if I had known it would have made it in there.

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

Originally posted by Mors.Magne

The man in quesion has apologised and resigned. That's good enough. I think everyone now wants to move on to more positive subjects.

I understand ... it's just a bit sad to see the veil of silence so quickly drawn across the difficult and important conversations.

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by Mors.Magne

Originally posted by maplestone

DaFuq? Goons blue your alliance and suddenly your their best friend? I remember you calling for their destruction not too long ago. Goon alt suspected...

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    It was certainly a shame the Mittani couldn't HTFU and resign instead forcing CCP to remove him, I do not see why you suddenly respect him Mors.
  • NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815

This was no voluntary resignation.  This was a weak ban and removal from position.  He should have been permanently banned as he obviously needs to spend more time evaluating real life.