Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New armor sets look horrible...

13»

Comments

• Sabic133Sabic133 Member UncommonPosts: 46

I don't know what you guys are talking about, these look amazing.  I personally felt there weren't enough ass flap options for my bounty hunter once I hit 50.  

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Looks like a Mardi Gras float exploded in Comic-Con.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Who the hell at BW draws this sh!t?

Whats with all the big pieces sticking out everywhere? Thats what they think should be worn during battle?

Looks like something the Queen of Naboo would wear during a Senate Ball

Wings and flaps, flares and spikes.

Seems BW cant get over their NWN High Fantasy fetish

This game is so Star Wars: The Old World of Warcraft Republic

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

Originally posted by PyrateLV
    Who the hell at BW draws this sh!t?
    Whats with all the big pieces sticking out everywhere? Thats what they think should be worn during battle?
    Looks like something the Queen of Naboo would wear during a Senate Ball
    Wings and flaps, flares and spikes.
    Seems BW cant get over their NWN High Fantasy fetish
    This game is so Star Wars: The Old World of Warcraft Republic

The Mythic people do most of the art. Also gotta love how their still using the so called 'high rez' textures to promote the game that arnt even in the game.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    @Karmath

Hi red textures are in 1.2. This gear is in 1.2. So they're advertising the gear with the textures that are available the second this gear is released.

You can drop that tired argument now. Thanks.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Originally posted by RefMinor

Is anyone going to do a Star Wars mod for the game?

Actually people would pay for that.

• dannydeucedannydeuce Member Posts: 310

BH - 9/10  I like this one, looks futuristic and pretty detailed. 

SI - 6/10  Unique and strange...on the fence with this one.

SW -  7/10  Like the color and flow of this set...fits the playstyle well

Agent -  2/10  Boring.

JK -   5/10  Shoulders are blah, like the robes and stuff...somewhat boring

JC -  8/10  I like the way this gear flows actually...seems fluid and natural.  Boots are a tad strange.

Trooper - 10/10  Futuristic and pretty well done.  I like this one the best.  Simple yet satisfying.

Smuggler - 1/10  1 point for the boot knife...i guess.

• spacebotspacebot Member UncommonPosts: 148

Just about all western game producers need to learn from thier JAPANESE and KOREAN counterparts(Seems Chinese devs are like western devs were armor design is concered) and make cool looking armor. Yeah some eastern style is way over the top but Lineage2(korean) and the FInal Fantasy mmos did western middle ages fantasy style armor better than anything over here.

Go ahead and compare the simple outfits, like robes. Ours look like crapy ugly brown bedsheets. Thiers look like something a tailor spent some time making.

However guild wars is an expection to this. They DID notice. They make good looking armor. Rift is the worst. All the more so since thier gfx engine is pretty good so the ugly is of a higher quality than say over on wow's triangle people in thier cartoon outfits.

And now we have SWTOR. They are kinda in the middle. Some armor looks good some is horrid (You poor jedis in your pea green/yellow and brown outfits.) Of course thier outfits would look better if they would give us high rezz textures. Yea know the ones they use IN THIER ADVERTS.

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270

Originally posted by dubyahite

@Karmath

Hi red textures are in 1.2. This gear is in 1.2. So they're advertising the gear with the textures that are available the second this gear is released.

You can drop that tired argument now. Thanks.

:)    Thank you.

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• NergleNergle Member UncommonPosts: 253

I logged into test with my 50 operative and even hile I am happy about the changes and addition of armor, the 15 out of the 20 armor sets still look like some fantasy retard shit. 

None of these armor sets look star wars and the new additions are the same shit you have beenwearing at lower levels they just can be modded now.

I cancelled because this game has done what I thought was impossible (made me become dissapointed in star wars).

• newbonewbo Member Posts: 37

The armor is definitely fugly, that being said, I'm not totally bothered because I already like the armor I have and unlike other games I don't HAVE to wear any of this junk, I'll be ripping mods for 1.2, nbd.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Coming in 1.2. Enjoy.

• wizlmtzwizlmtz Member Posts: 20

Originally posted by Khrymson

Was just reading the FFXIV forums, and found this image of the 7 new jobs with their AF=Artifact Gear that was released in Patch 1.21.  Bioware, Blizzard, Turbine, Trion, etc etc etc need to take a page from Square Enix when it comes to sets of armor ~ holy crap they look awesome!

Click here for full sized image!

From Left to Right:

• Black Mage

• White Mage

• Warrior

• Bard

• Monk

• Dragoon

• Paladin

Wow, those do look so much better! I may just sell my ugly maxed out swtor account while it still has value & check out FFXIV just for looks!

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

Originally posted by Deewe

Coming in 1.2. Enjoy.

Oy.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• yumpinyiminiyumpinyimini Member UncommonPosts: 81

HAHA!  Hey..he can tune into 200 channels, including HBO with that helmet!  Yeah Bioware seriously needs to consider hiring new art designers for this game..these garish costumes look incredibly stupid.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

Nearly all of those sets look ridiculous, like the kind of gear I don't want my characters to be wearing.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

When they don't like what you make, double down and make more!

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by Clocksimus

Originally posted by Dragonantis
    Awww those Final Fantasy ones are beautiful, I want to play XIV again :)
    How can you play something that isn't even a game? =)

As for the armor in SWTOR, I just dont get why every jedi needs to have plastic wings on their shoulders.  Is this fucntional? and helps them force leap or something?

Some only play for looks and graphics they dont care about gameplay hehe.

Thats why so many games these days sucks:P

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

I can care less what the armor looks like, I think its silly any way armor.  No one wears armor like that in real life, maybee in combat situations but not all the time.  I liked the way Aion did with the armor, where you could just hide the armor behind sets of clothing.

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

what in the .... is that thing! its like going down the local high street peering into the ladies hair dressers and seeing an old bird having a pink rinse with curlers intow!

lmfao..

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

I already have the look I want with my orange sets so none of this affects me. I will agree however with the general consensus: The end game sets in this game are horrific.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by Kakkzooka

Originally posted by Deewe

Coming in 1.2. Enjoy.

Oy.

"Well I would like to have a light saber duel to the death with you, but I just put my hair in curlers."

Man, WTF!!?? Its like these guys watched the original Tron one too many times as a kid.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

DOn't you all get it? The endgame armor must look like nothing else! It must be unique and require the cultivated eye of an artiste! That it is in a Star Wars IP is irrelevant, the armor sets are so grand that only the trully elevated can appreciate them.

Magnifique Bioware, Magnifique!

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011