Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest: Wayback Wednesday with Thom Terrazas

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Tonight on Wayback Wednesday, MMORPG's Rob Lashley will sit down with Sony Online Entertainment's Thom Terrazas, the producer for Everquest. Everquest is celebrating its 13th anniversary move to F2P.  Join Rob and Thom as they discuss how even after 13 years, EQ continues to be innovative and worth your gaming time. You can see them live here tonight at 9:30 pm EDT, 8:30 CDT on the MMORPG.com Live Stream Channel. You can find more from Rob on Twitter @grakulen .

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Will there at least be a new server? FTP or not, the biggest turnoff is coming into a twink-loaded game with an extremely blown out economy.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    They just made a brand new server. Vox
  • ciidciid Member UncommonPosts: 184

I installed it only to find my characters no longer are there?Last i played was almost 10 years ago o well.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

I find it funny Free to play your way ?  lol yah only as a cleric warrior rogue wizard and only as 4 races that is not YOUR way.

• shalhassanshalhassan Member UncommonPosts: 43

Sony does the same with EQ2. They say it's F2P, but there's very little you can actually do for free. The class/race restrictions are the worst part of that I would say, you don't really get a feel for what the game is like unless you can mess around with all the classes.

"A single battle you have won, but so quick to think that this will be the end? I, like fear, am eternal, and in your dreams, I shall forever haunt."

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    While I think thier free to play model could be better, it does a good job of drawing people into the game which im fairly sure is thier intent. Im lvl 76 with over 400 AA atm and havent paid a dime.
  • GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

I can get over the outdated graphics, the outdated combat, and the lack of players.

The thing I can not get over is how most of the game is empty due to stupid design decisions. That is just poor planning and execution.

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438

Empty ?. what server you on?.  I play on drinal and its hard to get camp spots at times.

As for nothing to do well you can play 100s of zones and get to lvl 90 with 1000 aa for a once of payment of $5 name any other mmo you can do the same. And even if you dont pay anything the only dif is you get less aa.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894

Last night's interview with Thom ran close to two hours long.  You can catch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGrakulen?feature=mhee

Youtube won't let me edit the vid at the moment.  Jump to the 11 minute mark is where the action begins.