Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New EVE drama

Comments

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by JayBirdz

Originally posted by Calfis

Originally posted by Opapanax

Originally posted by seafirex

My prediction is he will set his alliance to task on something in game (i.e. griefing some random group of players so its not personal), collect many tears and feel better about himself again.

http://www.evenews24.com/2012/03/28/leak-gsf-ceo-update-clutching-pearls-and-finger-wagging/

Bottom

This duder is mad predictable. 

Well at least they can point at laugh at themselves as well:

• TommiJyurroTommiJyurro Member Posts: 51

"The panelist has subsequently posted a public apology as well as a private apology to the victim of his attack. He has also resigned from his position as Chairman of CSM 6 and has forfeited his right to serve on CSM 7.  As per our policies, this candidate may be eligible to run at a later date subject to candidacy review. "(from the CCP Devblog)

Regardless of his actual opinions, the Mittani did the right thing, and the democratic one.  That being said, in the end, no one really has the right to control what anyone thinks, and only moderate control over what they say.  It is obvious that the Mittani pays little attention to RL politics, or he would have known that drunk+public speaking= foot in mouth.

Anything new here? Hmmm... Nope. o/

• SlaverHoundSlaverHound Member Posts: 109

Originally posted by Kuro1n

Originally posted by Rohn

Originally posted by Kuro1n

Mittani resigned, I hope all haters are happy and I hope New Eden burn like never before.

He resigned the Chairmanship, but intends to remain as a part of the CSM.

Hollow act, given the circumstances.

It still remains to be seen if CCP will do the right thing and not only remove him from the CSM, but from the game as someone who violated the TOS in such a way.

Yea very hollow act, a missunderstood joke told by someone who was drunk irl should get him banned from the game when the victim in question didn't actually care about all of it. I think im done here, this whole thread stink of trolls and haters.

He violated the TOS and was given the standard for somebody that does that - why should he be treated differently than anyone else?

Also, it wasn't a misunderstood joke - it was a very stupid thing said that was severely out of place for a person playing a video game to make.     The dude himself said as much in his apology - he crossed the line.  He knows it and we know it, well, not we as in you and me, but 'we' as in everybody except for you for some reason - are you his mom or something?

"Lectroids? Planet 10? Nuclear extortion? A girl named "John"?

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by kcannon

Right the first CSM to actually push anything meaningful to CCP was the worst. No the previous ones where bugger all was accomplished was the worst last years was the best CSM we have ever had.

Leaving aside the obvious misjudgement about CSM role, what is this "meaningful" thing you talk about supposed to be and what qualifies it as meaningful?

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

The real funny(and not 'haha' sort of funny) is that if mittani gets a permaban /corp wipe/ whatever proper punishment for this attitude(Even while drunk, no excuse, drunk people just act like they 'want' to so anything said was still things he 'wanted' to say, any way u act while drunk is just how u 'want' to act, him drunk is still him) I am pretty certian that he himself would be driven to suicide.

So while ironic and also a morbid type of poetic justice, I'm not really sure how this sort of 'preformance' should be dealth with. For one, this, even as a joke or troll attemt, should be a HUGE NO-NO. Call my toon out, make fun of him however u want, but don't try to attack my 'real life' person. The two are seperate for a reason(Many of us use games to 'escape' realitiy for a time, to get away and release some stress)

mittani, Dude, if your reading this, regardless of what kinda shit your idiot mob is about, don't try to encourage this shit OUT of game. keep it in the game where it belongs. You (and most of the others who know your type) know that you would be / them wrists if u lost all access to your beloved troll army.

• CodenakCodenak Member UncommonPosts: 418

Mittani Banned for 30 days, removed from CSM 7.

http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=28576

Actions have consequences, this is becoming true even on the interwebs as the line between online and offline becomes blurred.

Originally posted by Codenak

Actions have consequences, this is becoming true even on the interwebs as the line between online and offline becomes blurred.

Unexpectedly harsh punishment but still welcomed.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Originally posted by Gdemami

I get death threats because I love Market PVP in EVE.

Should those people get banned as well?

The double standard is just too ironic but this is "CCP~~".

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Originally posted by jpnz

No double standards - go and file a report. I am sure you did not. Also, CSM is not some random anonymous EVE player either.

Originally posted by cinos

Originally posted by Gdemami

That is between you and one other person.

This guy told thousands of people at a CCP event to openly harass another player to try and get him to commit suicide.

Not exactly the same.

Selectively applying their own 'EULA' is fine as CCP can do w/e they want but it is still a double standard.

If that person sends out death threats to my corp members (around 100+), is that big enough number?

Having a standard is perfectly fine but to retroactively do this because 'media' got wind of it just screams 'damage control'.

The Alliance Panel was run by a CCP rep, all materials were viewed by CCP before and approved.

Also, notice that CCP did nothing for 2 full days and only did something after the media made it into a big deal?

I really don't want EVE to change to WoW, if I want a carebear MMO, I'll play one.

But sensationalists 'gaming' media (ROFL, 'gaming' media) is nothing new, hehehe.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

I really don't want EVE to change to WoW, if I want a carebear MMO, I'll play one.

But sensationalists 'gaming' media (ROFL, 'gaming' media) is nothing new, hehehe.

Could be an attitude that changes, as the gamer posing and flexing gets caught up in more of these political arguments.

Hope so, rather tired of it,

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Originally posted by Icewhite

Could be an attitude that changes, as the gamer posing and flexing gets caught up in more of these political arguments.

Hope so, rather tired of it,

EVE is all about the metagame though.

The biggest 'scandal' involving a big scam/hit or w/e is what draws attention to EVE.

Like I said, my corp does market PVP and we get death threats. 

Some of these guys don't understand that 'If goons are camping Gallente Ice it means PUMP AND DUMP!'

Every ganker (market or actual PVP) receives one eventually.

Standards are fine but now CCP has set a precendent that can be used against them.

I've had a few nasty ones which I report but ROFL if CCP does anything with them.

Gdemami -

• SophusVirSophusVir Member Posts: 44

This is why eve is such crap, it is filled with the scum of the universe. People who would take a steaming dump on your newborn child to get a reaction from you, unless you are as bad as they or worse you will find the dregs of this world creeping about on eve. I will no longer offer them any money only to have time and effort stolen away by ganking asshats who troll the secure areas of space (Funny, secure isn 't what I'd call it but yeah.)

Originally posted by SophusVir

This is why eve is such crap, it is filled with the scum of the universe. People who would take a steaming dump on your newborn child to get a reaction from you, unless you are as bad as they or worse you will find the dregs of this world creeping about on eve. I will no longer offer them any money only to have time and effort stolen away by ganking asshats who troll the secure areas of space (Funny, secure isn 't what I'd call it but yeah.)

The above post is why EVE attracts certain type of people. :)

Well it used to, I am not sure now though.

Guess we'll know once Goons burn Jita down and see what CCP does.

Gdemami -

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    They got their in the end, Mittani sacked from CSM6 chairmanship, sacked from CSM7 altogether and a 30 day ban, fair enough, I hope he comes back and blows lots of shit up, games need bastards and villains.

A line into RL was crossed here and action needed to be taken. I would have respected the man more if he had resigned as promised, instead we saw him decline the CSM7 chairmanship as it conflicted with his GS role, he should have HTFU and taken the hit like a man.

I played EvE for maybe 6 months tops, never had an issue with Goons, I don't care about the metagame above enjoyment of reading the odd good story.

EVE is all about the metagame though.

0.0 might be all about metagame, that still does not stand for whole EVE though.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

How many mackinaws did you lose in ice belts?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by dave6660

How many mackinaws did you lose in ice belts?

Obviously too many.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

The above post is why EVE attracts certain type of people. :)

Well it used to, I am not sure now though.

Guess we'll know once Goons burn Jita down and see what CCP does.

Yes, then we will show how much Sony really knows about the game -company they are pertnering up with.

We will see if Sony does to EVE online (and CCP) as what LucasArts did to SWG (and SOE)...

I'm betting that Sony do not know why this game is one of the few games that actually have been gaining subscription for the last decade whereas other games merele the release month.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

Originally posted by Baxslash

He won't get perma-banned or, anything like that, he is one of CCP's poster boys for the game. After all intrigue and hype just sells the game more, but, mitti. is acting like a little child who doesn't consider the reaction, or, the responsibilities of his actions.

I'm still waiting for the day when CCP is presented with a huge lawsuit over a player who gets caught in Real Life over scamming people, and, then blames CCP and Eve Online for encouraging the behaviour within the game. After all, people will mimick idealogies if they believe they can get away with it.

Eve online sounds like thug / hoodlum training ground.

Originally posted by Liddokun

He won't get perma-banned or, anything like that, he is one of CCP's poster boys for the game. After all intrigue and hype just sells the game more, but, mitti. is acting like a little child who doesn't consider the reaction, or, the responsibilities of his actions.

I'm still waiting for the day when CCP is presented with a huge lawsuit over a player who gets caught in Real Life over scamming people, and, then blames CCP and Eve Online for encouraging the behaviour within the game. After all, people will mimick idealogies if they believe they can get away with it.

EVE is the ultimate form of 'free' actually.

It has almost no rules (killing new players / cheating excluded) and lets the players do what they want.

I'd say it is probably closer to 'nature' since there are no 'safety net'. It attracts certain type of MMO players, whether it attracts you personally is another issue. :)

Gdemami -

• SlaverHoundSlaverHound Member Posts: 109

It has almost no rules (killing new players / cheating excluded) and lets the players do what they want.

I'd say it is probably closer to 'nature' since there are no 'safety net'. It attracts certain type of MMO players, whether it attracts you personally is another issue. :)

There's no death in eve online so it's absolutely nothing like nature and getting cloned when you die is the ultimate safety net.

"Lectroids? Planet 10? Nuclear extortion? A girl named "John"?

Originally posted by SlaverHound

There's no death in eve online so it's absolutely nothing like nature and getting cloned when you die is the ultimate safety net.

Except you lose everything that you had at the time of death.

Only thing you retain are skill points (if your clone is up to date) and in-game gold.

Unless there is an MMO that has perma-death system that I don't know about, this is probably the closest.

Gdemami -

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by AtmaDarkwolf

The real funny(and not 'haha' sort of funny) is that if mittani gets a permaban /corp wipe/ whatever proper punishment for this attitude I am pretty certian that he himself would be driven to suicide.

I'm pretty certain you have no clue what you are talking about.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre