Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta Access

dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386

The Beta access is open to everyone now. Just go to http://lodmmo.com and sign up.

Though there is no guarantee of acceptance, if you are a FB fan of the game, then your odds of getting in the Beta are even HIGHER.

Join the Beta and help us build the game.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living.
If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

Comments

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Good luck with this game, I am still waiting for Galactic Command Online though.

• dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386

Thanks.

GCO is my next (and final) game due out in 2014. LOD was just a stepping stone and most of the tech developed for it will be using in GCO (which goes back to the hardcore Battlecruiser/Universal Combat roots - but made a bit more accessible).

The GCO game is 100x larger than LOD since I'm once again going to populate every freaking corner or the game universe, but this time with detail that I couldn't do in BC/UC games due to hardware and tech limitations. It will be epic.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Yeah really looking forward for it. Maybe finally we will get some real competition to Eve, which I agree with you that it is really not a space-ship MMORPG and more a playground for griefers and a glorified spreadsheet (the last part I added).

Anyway, I hope you guys took a look at space ship battles in Babylon 5 and Star Trek so we can finally have a game which is a real space opera and not like Eve with two icons shooting blips at each other.

• dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386

If you really want to get a feel for how space combat in capital ships works in my games, please grab a copy of Universal Combat CE from my website at http://www.3000ad.com

You could also try the freeware Universal Combat, but there were several updates to the flight dynamics since that one, so the experience between UC and UCCE is vastly different.

In GCO,the focus is on hard-core gamers only. It pretty much takes off where my UCCE game left off but with tighter controls, much - much better graphics and ALL the crazy hardcore gameplay that those BC/UC are notorious for.