Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Saleron’s Sky Garden Preview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

MMORPG.com has partnered with En Masse Entertainment to bring our readers the first-ever information behind the Saleron's Sky Garden dungeon. We've got an exclusive description and three brand new screenshots to show off so keep reading! Check out TERA: Saleron’s Sky Garden Preview.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

such a pretty looking game. shame i missed the beta

• nhatnhat Member UncommonPosts: 166

This is consider one of the best dungeons in Tera. One of the few dungeons that are done outside, in the air with a well laid out design.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Best dungeon enviroment i have ever seen. Of course its not really a dungeon, as its a series of platforms in the air, but i prefer this from the dark, cramped corridors dungeons often are.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

It is a shame they did not show any pictures of the actual sky view and beauty this dungeon holds or the two monster models you are introduced to in it, but rather ones we have seen before.

Regardless it is a beautiful dungeon, probably one of the nicest looking in TERA, but then again,    I can list of 5-6 dungeons that simply blow me away in terms of design quality and style. One particular dungeons lighting is impeccable.

• PesaPesa Member Posts: 9

Watching that video makes me remember Sky Garden has no hardmode in KTERA and gets outleveled pretty quickly, makes me hope the dungeon shuffle for NA makes Sky Garden more difficult. Due to there being 7 dungeons with hardmodes at 58(lol) when the cap is going to be 60 on release for NA, they felt the need to shuffle them around, rightfully so as the hardest fight in the game previously would be wasted if it were left at 58.

• micaelmoraismicaelmorais Member Posts: 88

great graphics....my GOD

• kantseemekantseeme Member Posts: 709

I would love to play this game but i couldent get past the controls. While atking mobs you cant mouse over anything on the UI. Have to hit keys to interact with the UI. ( hitting i for inventory insted of just clciking your bags ) If you do that then your handcuffed while the mobs continues to atk you.

Great consept but for me very clumbsy and a deal breaker. Wish they would give you the option to play it some other way. I know its one of the draws to the game but for me its the reason i wont play.

To bad i was looking forward to it untill i got to play the beta over the weekend. Glad i found out about the controls before i spent money on it.

Now if there is a way you can get rid of that annoing crosshair shit and still play with an open UI... Bags/skill book/paper toon/ and everything else that i want to access with my mouse while i engage a mob then its a go. But i couldent find anyone that knew or a forum post that could tell me if it was possable so i just stoped playin.

• AilingforaleAilingforale Member Posts: 87

I still can't wait for this to release, or when the next beta is up to play again.  I do like the controls, but have to say that I feel the same way Kantseeme does playing a shooter on a console w/o my mouse and keyboard lol.

• WagrumWagrum Member Posts: 56

All you have to do is press Alt and you can click open your inventory, character profile etc.

Not a big deal.

• WytchenWytchen Member Posts: 4

you guys crack me up so much it an action mmo not tab target wow clone.

• ElennaElenna Member Posts: 6

I'm with Wytchen on this. TERA has ALWAYS touted it's combat mode. Why on earth would you want to have yet another game where after you've selected your target, combat requires nothing else from you to the point where you can't start messing about cleaning up your inventory, enchanting a weapon and crafting something?

Go play one of the extremely stale plethora of mmos which requires no real input from you. It's not clumsy at all. The whole point is that you have to aim your skills and move to avoid incoming. Clumsy is trying to sort through a backpack while duelling a monster.

You can press I and play with your inventory to your hearts content once you've killed it. Sure, the game does seem super easy, and the need to aim and dodge right now lost thanks to slow and stupid monsters, but it's still better than TAB click wait or a big old macro that lets you sit back and watch the game play itself. I'd rather watch a movie than do that, it's far more entertaining.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

Originally posted by kantseeme

I would love to play this game but i couldent get past the controls. While atking mobs you cant mouse over anything on the UI. Have to hit keys to interact with the UI. ( hitting i for inventory insted of just clciking your bags ) If you do that then your handcuffed while the mobs continues to atk you.

Great consept but for me very clumbsy and a deal breaker. Wish they would give you the option to play it some other way. I know its one of the draws to the game but for me its the reason i wont play.

To bad i was looking forward to it untill i got to play the beta over the weekend. Glad i found out about the controls before i spent money on it.

Now if there is a way you can get rid of that annoing crosshair shit and still play with an open UI... Bags/skill book/paper toon/ and everything else that i want to access with my mouse while i engage a mob then its a go. But i couldent find anyone that knew or a forum post that could tell me if it was possable so i just stoped playin.

You could always just press b or i to access your inventory. I don't think I even used the mouse pointer to access the bags in other MMOs.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

I think you guys miss the point. I get that its an action combat MMO but is the "gun turret" mouse movment nessassery? ( i feel like im in a flight sim when i try and target the mobs. This is a fantasy MMO, not After Burnner)

And what if i run out of say healing pots that i have on my hat bar but i have some lower lvl ones in my bag. I cant atk and open my bags at the same time. Also what if im in a group and a debuff gets put on a party member that i need to remove? I cant mouse over the debuff to see what it may be. Is it poison? Is it curse? I dont know cause i cant use the mouse while im attacking a mob.

There are a ton of reason why i would want control of my mouse while im in combat. So yes. It is clumbsy and awkward. haveing to flick between 2 UIs is very annoying and is the ONLY reason why i will not be buying this game. Other then that, the game, atm looks great.

Originally posted by seastarx

You could always just press b or i to access your inventory. I don't think I even used the mouse pointer to access the bags in other MMOs.

But if your attacked while your in your bags you can still defend yourself while your bags are up. You dont have to switch between 2 UIs

• sirachsirach Member UncommonPosts: 54

Katseeme you don't need to mouse over anything to know you need to debuff someone, all you need to know is presented to you visually. For example if someone is poisioned their health bar over their head will turn purplish instead of blue, so you need to  cast a cure. 

I highly suggest you read up on it a bit and give it another try. Perhaps practice this style of  combat by playing some Dragon Nest or Vindictus. They are similar enough to get you used to this style of combat. 

It took me some time to figure this new system out, but it's well worth the extra time it takes to learn it.

Kantseeme its easy to bandage or heal on the fly with pots from your inventory, I did it plenty of times.

You just keep running and you hit B which brings up your bag while continuing to run click the pot and then hit B again and turn back onto your opponent.

• BombzawayBombzaway Member UncommonPosts: 78

the solution...stop clicking?

another solution..keybind

another solution...stop clicking!

beigna able to chain skills in any order possible this is really the game where u can shed those chains holding you down

Whats with this holier then thow attitude about play styles? You way of play is better then someone elses so they should conform? Im not alowd to click anymore? I have to keybind now?

I dont like the way the combat in Tera works. Thats my hang up so i wont be playing. Thats it. I dont want to feel like im in a gun turret trying to pick off enemy planes. Sorry i offended you and your combat system.

Also why cant i chain skills while clicking insted of hitting 1 2 3 4 5 or 5 4 6 2 or 4 2 3 1. Why is your way better then the way i like to play? Please enlightin me

• sirachsirach Member UncommonPosts: 54

Kantseeme I wasn't trying to be holier than thou or criticize your play style, but to offer a suggestion to the complaints you brought up. I'm sorry if you took it in any other way.

You are more than welcome to play any style of game you like, but not in TERA. If you do not like the action style combat then  you are correct, the game is not for you. I was only suggesting you try out those other games I mentioned and invest a little time to learn a new style of gameplay, as you might  find out, with a little paitence, that you actually like it. I hated anything but tab target, but finally forced myself to expand a little and discovered I enjoyed it. 

You can't be enlightined if you refuse to try. Just saying.

I wish you luck with  your next tab target game, there are plenty of them for you to enjoy. Cheers!

Thank you and just for the record i dont use the tab button to target.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I think most of the previous posters weren't holding keyboarding as the ONLY way to go. Just trying to be helpful. That said, I really didn't care for the system. I got used to it easily enough and it wasn't enough to make me not want to play the game but it wasn't enjoyable.

I didn't care for the fact that (it seemed) all the mobs/quest requirements (other than the lead in quests designed to bring you to a new zone) were almost in sight of the hubs you were fighting for. *shrug*

As always some fans will rabidly defend it and some some on the other side will rabidly attack it. For me...it just wasn't something I liked. If it was a box price and no sub, I'd probably grab it but paying a standard sub for something I likely wouldn't play more than 1 or 2 times a month (if that) made no sense.

• thakursethakurse Member UncommonPosts: 25

about the graphics, well if you look under your feet, at the grass... no texture. Piece of crap.

• herniterherniter Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by thakurse

about the graphics, well if you look under your feet, at the grass... no texture. Piece of crap.

Because the highlight of my MMO experience is staring at my feet.  

• thakursethakurse Member UncommonPosts: 25

yup you're right, because what is under your feet is everywhere.

have you noticed how the sky, the sceneries, the background montains are so beautiful but no work done on the ground?

Won't hurt nobody to work a little on it... grass...  not a big deal.