Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 hype? Check this out.

2»

Comments

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

You do realise things like 'Housing' can be added after launch right ?

I have faith in Arenanet and they will do all they can to cater to their playerbase. If enough people want it, they will put it.

As for GW2 itself, I 100% agree with Loke666's post. It is an EVOLUTION of MMOs. Every aspect is evolutionary of this game.

Their approach to most things however is revolutionary, since its new. 

Sure public quests have been around since WAR. But have they been linked into story chains across the map? No? That is revolutionary since it hasn't been done before.

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Originally posted by maxiime223

mini games are only fun for a while you know... I want player housing, cooking, building, agriculture.

You want a sandbox, which this is not and never claimed to be. Archage, Salem, etc., that way ->

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by anigous

Anyone who has played an MMORPG other than WoW will notice one thing about Guild Wars 2. Rather than the game of the year everyone is making it out to seem, it's just natural progression.

Certain non-targeting skills? Movement while casting? Events? Exploring? These are all things that GW2 is taking from other games, and the first time you play Guild Wars 2; you'll just feel like you played a better MMORPG. To be honest, the lack of player created content, player economy, and some non-combat or non-exploration forms of entertainment put me off. 

1=GW2 is a evolution of themeparks and should be seen like that.

2=What you seems to be looking for is a game the evolves sandboxes instead, that game will be World of darkness online..

Sandboxes and themeparks or not better or worse than the other type but some people prefer one or the other (I kinda like both). Find the right for you.

IS it me or did you essentially just write the op's post back to him? :P

1. yep that's basically what he said

2. Has CCP even mentioned the types of things they will incorporate into WOD? IE social game-play?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• MardinMardin Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Dragonantis

GW2 is a pretty good evolution in the chain of MMO's, its not a carbon copy clone like others, its trying its best to create the future of gaming, and I think its gotten a good start.

It may not be a carbon copy of another game, but it is a frankenstein of elements of dead and dying gamees that have been used before.  To say it is a foundation for the future is laughable.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Originally posted by Mardin

GW2 is a pretty good evolution in the chain of MMO's, its not a carbon copy clone like others, its trying its best to create the future of gaming, and I think its gotten a good start.

It may not be a carbon copy of another game, but it is a frankenstein of elements of dead and dying gamees that have been used before.  To say it is a foundation for the future is laughable.

To say it's a frankenstein of elements is laughable.

They've been building this game from the ground up for years now. Implying that this game is some kind of hack is just making an arse of yourself. While they are taking elements from other games, they are only including elements that not only make sense, but also fit into their design scheme. Unlike some other games that basically just grab whatever is popular and try and bandaid it into their game.

• MardinMardin Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by aesperus

Originally posted by Mardin

To say it's a frankenstein of elements is laughable.

They've been building this game from the ground up for years now. Implying that this game is some kind of hack is just making an arse of yourself. While they are taking elements from other games, they are only including elements that not only make sense, but also fit into their design scheme. Unlike some other games that basically just grab whatever is popular and try and bandaid it into their game.

Hello again Aesperus!  I was about to post a rebutle, then I realized you basically admitted the same point.  Thanks for backing me up!

• ComfyChairComfyChair Member Posts: 758

The OP's post is this:

*starts playing battlefield 3*

'I don't like this game that much because it's not like tribes: Ascend, therefore i don't think anyone will'

Same overarcing genre, but vastly different sub-genres.

Same as 'themepark' versus 'sandbox'. Although GW2 is definitely an evolution of the former, which inevitably makes it feel more like the latter, but with the advanatges retained from themepark designs. OP, this is not the game you're looking for, and you're not the kind of player GW2 is looking for.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Anyone who has played an MMORPG other than WoW will notice one thing about Guild Wars 2. Rather than the game of the year everyone is making it out to seem, it's just natural progression.

Certain non-targeting skills? Movement while casting? Events? Exploring? These are all things that GW2 is taking from other games, and the first time you play Guild Wars 2; you'll just feel like you played a better MMORPG. To be honest, the lack of player created content, player economy, and some non-combat or non-exploration forms of entertainment put me off. 

This post is new and interesting and contributes in a meaningful way to the discussion.

• ChuvarHramaChuvarHrama Member UncommonPosts: 88

Originally posted by Unlight

This post is new and interesting and contributes in a meaningful way to the discussion.

Sarcasm lvl 100! 

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

Maybe one day everyone will understand and accept that sandbox and theme park are two completely separate subgenres and stop complaining, "There's nothing to do in this sandbox game!" or "There's no player-created content in this theme park game!"

It's like complaining that that there's no FFA Deathmatch in TF2. It's just a poorly thought out suggestion.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

I'm not sure if you were praising the game or bashing it....... I'll go for both.

This is not a game.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Originally posted by EvilestTwin

Originally posted by maxiime223

mini games are only fun for a while you know... I want player housing, cooking, building, agriculture.

And a lot of people don't want to spend 10 hours of grinding just so they can have 1 hour of fun.   

To be fair if accumulating the reources it takes is actaully fun then I don't see a problem with that. Sometimes there's a greater sense of satisfaction when something does take longer but doesn't feel tedious. 

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?