Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In WvW, siege weapons cost gold. Gems buyers have a WvW advantage

Comments

• CingeCinge Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by Kuppa

Originally posted by Cinge

Originally posted by romanator0

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Supply

Doesn't matter how much gold you have. You can't do shit without supply. Do your research next time.

Not really roadblock, your side is going to want to hold/keep supply objectivies anyhow(to upgrade keeps, rebuild  doors etc).

His point still stands, someone who buys gems with $  and trades to gold can buy more Seige weapons.

Its funny watching all the people with GW2 sigs race to white knight any thread/post that may even be a "Slight" negative towards the game.

Blueprints you mean....which are useless by themselves image

It doesn't matter, its still a advantage by using out-of-game means.

Example :

One side has 2,500 supply but hardly anyone has the money for weapons(which from what i've seen and read can be the case in the early going). So they are just using player damage to kill the door.

The other side  has 1000 supply but someone bought a bunch of gems using $ and has a bunch of gold, he can buy a bunch of siege blueprints or give money to guildmates to buy each some and now they will take keeps/objectives infinately faster then the other group.

Trying to sweep the entire thing under the rug and say it can't or will not be a problem is retarded. It can obviously be a issue, especially in the early going.

Also based on game footage money doesn't seem to just flow in, hell was watching the guy do level 30 DEs and quest and rewards were like 2 silver currency. Now look a the cost of the "Good" siege blueprints 42s and 1g5s.

• BaniscoBanisco Member Posts: 240

Originally posted by Naqaj

Originally posted by Betakodo

Doesn't matter how much gold you have. You can't do shit without supply. Do your research next time.

Oh yeah, I'm sure people won't just go and GET the supply. The limiting reagent here is the GOLD. You can get supply from resource camps. Even says so in your link. [Mod Edit]

You can only get supply from camps you actually control, you need a lot more than you can carry, you need someone to defend the build site while you're off getting the supply, you need someone to actually use the equipment, you need someone to defend it ...

And you need to be stupid enoug to spend cash on something you're already getting just by playing.

Welcome to a internet full of kids wich range from 11-18.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by L0C0Man

They also said that you can't carry more than 10 supply on you, and that any siege weapon (the golem is supposed to be the more expensive) will cost more supply than what a single person can carry.

As for the price of the blueprints, no idea how expensive they are. This is a screenshot on the wiki:

However no idea how easy/hard it is to get that kind of money in the game

Nuff said in this mug, 

Y'all sorry lol

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

OMG, you can buy things with gold! People who farm gold will have an advantage in WvW!!! We have to limit the ability to earn gold, or this game will be so imbalanced!

As if other games don't have people who buy gold for $$$ from gold sellers, or people don't funnel cash from wealthy character to alts to give the new characters a leg up.

I swear some people seem to want a communist economic system in their MMOs all of a sudden...

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

Oh yeah, I'm sure people won't just go and GET the supply. The limiting reagent here is the GOLD. You can get supply from resource camps. Even says so in your link. [Mod Edit]

And you need to be stupid enoug to spend cash on something you're already getting just by playing.

This is the whole point to cashshops, lol. If quite a few people didn't do what you call "Stupid" games wouldn't have them and they would all be P2p.

Originally posted by fiontar

OMG, you can buy things with gold! People who farm gold will have an advantage in WvW!!! We have to limit the ability to earn gold, or this game will be so imbalanced!

As if other games don't have people who buy gold for $$$ from gold sellers, or people don't funnel cash from wealthy character to alts to give the new characters a leg up.

I swear some people seem to want a communist economic system in their MMOs all of a sudden...

The difference is the person farming is PLAYING the game and gaining a advantage by in-game means.

If you can't see the difference, then I pity you.

• MaelkorMaelkor Member UncommonPosts: 459

Overall the game is what it is. If this game doesnt appeal to you or you dont think it will appeal to you simply dont play it. Its that simple. While the devs may change a few things as beta goes on and they hear from the fanbase - they will not be changing anything major or they face the chance of breaking the game beyond repair right before release.

• AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 334

You can only get supply from camps you actually control, you need a lot more than you can carry, you need someone to defend the build site while you're off getting the supply, you need someone to actually use the equipment, you need someone to defend it ...

And how do you expect Anet to make money? wouldn't you want to support your dear Anet?

• BaniscoBanisco Member Posts: 240

Originally posted by Cinge

Originally posted by fiontar

The difference is the person farming is PLAYING the game and gaining a advantage by in-game means.

If you can't see the difference, then I pity you.

The diference is that one has gold because he plays a lot and the other has gold because hes "special". If you are one of those who think that time=power, then i pity you.

P.D: i hate cash shops with all my soul and i cant understand that if everybody is ragin about them who the hell will use them.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

LOL! A meager 10s for a blueprint that doesn't actually build you anything. Oh gawd, the advantage!

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• DShepley60DShepley60 Member Posts: 22

Love how so many people whine any way possible about the cash shop.

If it was P2P, guess what morons, people still buy gold and therefore B2P still wins. And thinking have access to ultimate siege stuff is going to turn the tide of battle? I think not. Sure, speeds up the process MAJORLY to break in, but if there are defenders or of course the 3rd server comes rolling up, makes little difference and as all these others pointed out to those who dont know how to research, just trolling, or complaining about stuff they cant fully comprehend the entire big picture across any game be it any MMO Money Making Payment Model used are amusing and only show they are ignorant.

Defense plays more of a part then just sieging to get in. So many pointless complaints but hey, if the game didnt have haters then obviously they arent doing something right.

No matter what anyone can argue a situation to make it sound valid, but in the Genre, anyone and alot of people do... buy gold from 3rd party sites, difference is now some more will do it, but it will be a mix across each server so complaining about someone Buying 2 Win when these battles are compareable to Dark Age of Camelot, then let them buy all the gems and trade for all the gold, woopie for a minor advantage in Siegings and/or Defending.

It happens in every game B2P, P2P, F2P so all the morons whining should be happy its B2P because the same sh!t would happen so better off not having to pay 2 play, but again as I said before all the whining is moot and irrevelant because you will have people on your server and in guilds equally across most and those who are use to P2P it isnt squat to dish out $15-$20 a month if its a game you love.

Everything can be argued either way sounding valid, but in the end what I said in this post is it! /wave trolls and whiners that cant look outside the box then a game they are looking forward to having a cash shop with Gem trading avaliable. Have fun wasting your time being a hater and not getting into what is already in a releasable state.

• BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333

Originally posted by Ankur

And how do you expect Anet to make money? wouldn't you want to support your dear Anet?

You do realize the game costs $60 don't you? And the expansions/dlc are going to cost money too. Hell I'm betting they're going with DLC because they don't have to make a box or split the profit with stores like gamestop, but they're still going to keep the prices the same as if they were.

Originally posted by Benthon

LOL! A meager 10s for a blueprint that doesn't actually build you anything. Oh gawd, the advantage!

Yeah, it's not like meleeing a door takes forever. Even with 1 catapult - See press beta video by mmorpg where guy gets excited about auto-attack.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

I guess the word optional don't exist no more.

It's starting to make siince they sell shit you don't need but want right, I know it's crazy.

Shit that you could live without and beat someone who attempt to abuse it as if they could.

Oh so they aren't bullshitting about not [needing] more than just box price. They got a lot of valid wants in the cash shop but don't have one literal need lmao.

Defense do win the game just so you know money doesn't buy defense either, Gold doesn't supply does lol.

Aye ever heard of that "It sounds good on paper but looks different once played out."

I pray to God this get's attempted.

Haven't used my block list until this day. Foolishness like this reach an all time high, ha and I'm the one talking, but when you stress common sense so heavily and then someone goes and ignores it, then makes a thread and continues to be misinformed on [purpose], that bites my nerves.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

A simple limit on supply cap or siege weapons "fixes" this incredibly imporant and highly unbalanced issue you guys found.

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805

A simple limit on supply cap or siege weapons "fixes" this incredibly imporant and highly unbalanced issue you guys found.

uh no.

im actually more concerned about chumps using siege machines depleting recources wich could vitaly used in other things. that is the problem i see

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

And once again, gem > gold transactions do not cause gold to magically materialize.  It simply transfers gold already generated in game from one player to another.  The overall gold pool for your server does not change at all.  Your server remains no more or less capable of purchasing siege weapons whether or not people on your realm purchase gold via gems.

Also, even if this did somehow translate to an advantage (which it doesn't), there is no reason at all to think that one realm will have a significantly disproportionate number of gem > gold transactors compared to other realms.  There would be no discernable advantage on a realm by realm basis.  

Again.. V8 (AKA WvWvW or W3) is so compareable to DAoC RvR minus the subtle differences and anyone knowing about seiging and defense knows that having unlimited siege hardly changes the tide of battle.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Another sensless, uninformed post.

Originally posted by xeniar

uh no.

im actually more concerned about chumps using siege machines depleting recources wich could vitaly used in other things. that is the problem i see

what part of what I said did you not understand?

Originally posted by xeniar

uh no.

what part of what I said did you not understand?

You cant get through to everybody, especially a majority of the crowd in this community.

• AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 334

You do realize the game costs $60 don't you? And the expansions/dlc are going to cost money too. Hell I'm betting they're going with DLC because they don't have to make a box or split the profit with stores like gamestop, but they're still going to keep the prices the same as if they were.

I really doubt they can survive on box sales and expansions alone if that was the case they wouldn't use cash shop in first place. Let the game release once and then watch CS getting heavier and heavier. That is where the real profit it not in expansions, unless the pop one every couple of months.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Originally posted by DShepley60

Again.. V8 (AKA WvWvW or W3) is so compareable to DAoC and anyone knowing about seiging and defense knows that having unlimited siege hardly changes the tide of battle.

Bingo, as a matter of fact, it was usually morons buying the siege and not even using them for the siege itself. They were just trying to get as many rp s as they could. That aside though, you re right, it didn t change the tide of a battle much at all, if at all.

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768

In what cast can they spam seige weapons anyway, Watch the yogscast recent wvw video.  the defending team ran out of supply and the offensive team has to carry supply with them... each player can only cary a max of 10 supply and the smallest seige weapons cost 20 supply. i dont care how much gold you have SUPPLY is the key

Originally posted by Leucent

Originally posted by DShepley60

Again.. V8 (AKA WvWvW or W3) is so compareable to DAoC and anyone knowing about seiging and defense knows that having unlimited siege hardly changes the tide of battle.

Bingo, as a matter of fact, it was usually morons buying the siege and not even using them for the siege itself. They were just trying to get as many rp s as they could. That aside though, you re right, it didn t change the tide of a battle much at all, if at all.

Agreed. :)

Originally posted by st4t1ck

In what cast can they spam seige weapons anyway, Watch the yogscast recent wvw video.  the defending team ran out of supply and the offensive team has to carry supply with them... each player can only cary a max of 10 supply and the smallest seige weapons cost 20 supply. i dont care how much gold you have SUPPLY is the key

These are hypotetical fixes to their incredibly well thought out problem....