Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In WvW, siege weapons cost gold. Gems buyers have a WvW advantage

BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333

Prices - http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Blueprints-ventor.png

What's the next excuse? WvW isn't PvP so it doesn't have to be fair? Siege weapons can be used against players or the all mighty fort door. Hell, every gem buyer can buy the most expensive, and the only mobile siege weapon, the siege golem (A gundam!).

For those that don't already know, you can buy gems in the cash shop, then trade them for gold with other players.

Comments

• CingeCinge Member Posts: 120

Welcome to B2p, that so many people say is the "best way".

Even for people that don't pvp, it will effect them since bonuses from winning WvW can be pve oriented :P

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

just curious, once you buy the blueprint is that it? done, now all you need is the materials? or everytime you want 1 treb you have to buy a blueprint? then, how much materials are needed to make that blueprint, i get your point, but i'm just curious as to how the siege system will work.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Supply

Doesn't matter how much gold you have. You can't do shit without supply. Do your research next time.

Originally posted by wolvards

just curious, once you buy the blueprint is that it? done, now all you need is the materials? or everytime you want 1 treb you have to buy a blueprint? then, how much materials are needed to make that blueprint, i get your point, but i'm just curious as to how the siege system will work.

You buy the blueprint, it uses the "Supply" of your side to "Build" and its a one time use.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Blueprints are purchased with gold or looted from killed players. To use blueprints you need supply which is gained from captured areas such as logging camps and mines.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

I just told him...you know what fuck this lol

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

How else you going to buy the blueprints? I just don't understand this post!

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Originally posted by romanator0

Doesn't matter how much gold you have. You can't do shit without supply. Do your research next time.

ouch!

Not really roadblock, your side is going to want to hold/keep supply objectivies anyhow(to upgrade keeps, rebuild  doors etc).

His point still stands, someone who buys gems with $  and trades to gold can buy more Seige weapons, thus a advantage without any "in-game" progression or play.

Its funny watching all the people with GW2 sigs race to white knight any thread/post that may even be a "Slight" negative towards the game.

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

Blue prints are not that expensive..

The hard part is getting the supply you need, Because it requries more than you can carry. Anymore lame attempts to try and complain about gems?

Next complaint please.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

Originally posted by Cinge

You buy the blueprint, it uses the "Supply" of your side to "Build" and its a one time use.

So aside from supply, it's one blueprint per siege weapon?

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Not really roadblock, your side is going to want to hold/keep supply objectivies anyhow(to upgrade keeps, rebuild  doors etc).

His point still stands, someone who buys gems with $  and trades to gold can buy more Seige weapons.

Its funny watching all the people with GW2 sigs race to white knight any thread/post that may even be a "Slight" negative towards the game.

Blueprints you mean....which are useless by themselves image

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Blueprints are purchased with gold or looted from killed players. To use blueprints you need supply which is gained from captured areas such as logging camps and mines.

I also read they drop off of Dolyaks as well.

Regardless, there's a massively post out about the beta, and it seems that it's quite easy to get enough coins in game to make the purchases anyhow. Considering the number of siege weapons shown in the videos and that the beta likely had no one buying gold for gems simply due at least to lack of supply... I think these fears are unfounded and merely an attempt to draw a negative reaction.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Let me ask you a question - Are the blueprints prohibitively expensive? If you can answer yes to that question and provide a valid source, you may have a point. Until then your working with fiction.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

They also said that you can't carry more than 10 supply on you, and that any siege weapon (the golem is supposed to be the more expensive) will cost more supply than what a single person can carry.

As for the price of the blueprints, no idea how expensive they are. This is a screenshot on the wiki:

However no idea how easy/hard it is to get that kind of money in the game

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Originally posted by WellzyC

Blue prints are not that expensive..

The hard part is getting the supply you need, Because it requries more than you can carry. Anymore lame attempts to try and complain about gems?

Next complaint please.

I heard a comment in one of the press beta videos (can't remember which) that they were quite expensive (the siege golem in particular).  At least at low level.  Not sure if gold gain increases when you have a higher level.

If you don't get a lot of gold in WvWvW this could be a legitimate advantage for someone who just wants to PvP.  Let's not forget your armor can still break in WvWvW and you'll need to repair gear frequently which is also another gold hit.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

HIs point still stands, someone who buys gems with $  and trades to gold can buy more Seige weapons.

That do what?

What the fuck are you going to do with a lot of siege blue stamps and if you invest all your effort to have the most antimobile siege weapons with slow ass recharge and weak ass keeps because they ain't put no supply in them .

You also need players to use these, you also need supply, you also need to think, you also need to have a strong keep.

You can't buy IQ,Teamwork,Upgrades,rl skill, ethics, and you can't pay for a pass from an server getting it's ass whooped.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

As others have said, you actually need supplies to build siege equipment, the bueprint is a one-time use to initiate the construction. Don't tell the whiners though, they might be very dissappointed. 

Also don't tell them you don't need to bring any gold into WvW since everything you do there actually earns you gold. They might run out of things to point their fingers at, and then what would we argue about ...?

• BaniscoBanisco Member Posts: 240

If we have learned something today is that in order to win WvW all you need to do is buy a thousand of blueprintas and make building places all over the world, also we know that one guy can make a diference in a 3 way battle with thousands of players.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

This is really only that meaningful when gold is the meaningful barrier to siege weapon purchases.

From the looks of it, supply is a much bigger concern, and the gold for siege weapons is relatively low.

• gladosrev2gladosrev2 Member CommonPosts: 203

Originally posted by Betakodo

Prices - http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Blueprints-ventor.png

What's the next excuse? WvW isn't PvP so it doesn't have to be fair? Siege weapons can be used against players or the all mighty fort door. Hell, every gem buyer can buy the most expensive, and the only mobile siege weapon, the siege golem (A gundam!).

For those that don't already know, you can buy gems in the cash shop, then trade them for gold with other players.

Roflmao - 30 silver for a blueprint, please go buy a million xD This is not Pay to Win this is Pay to Loose! You loose *because* you pay with real money for such blueprints, easily obtainable for gold by any free player.

As others have mentioned, supply is the actual problem here, that takes actual time in game, not the blueprints. At those rates all you need to do is kill a few mobs or sell one item in the market to buy as many of these as you like, no need to use gems and loose by paying real money. People, get some sense..

And even if you could buy siege weapons drectly from the shop, it does not matter, because the bonuses you get from WvW are insignificant in PvE, the few % won't be noticeable at all. And paying this much for the machines would still put you on the 'loosing' side, no matter if you actually take over a keep, because you are wasting real money on something easily obtainable in game. I would take huge pleaseure destroying the enemy's siege weapons, knowing he paid for it lol. So it's all good.

My Guild Wars 2 First Beta Weekend "reviewette" : http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4944570/thread/349125#4944570

• Skarecrow7Skarecrow7 Member UncommonPosts: 339

YES!  ANOTHER cash shop is evil thread!

You know, I am not a fan of the Cash shop and everything in it, but since I have yet to see how it works (since the game is not out yet) AND everything is still not settled (thus the nda that has been broken), I cant say too much.  Unfortantly every other thread is some chicken little screaming how the cash shop is going to destroy the game they have yet to play.  And if you say something like "hey, lets calm down and wait and see what happens instead of posting thread #1024 on how the cash shop is evil" then you are labled a fanboi.  If you dont want to play the game, fine.. but please let us who do be able to find a thread that isnt full of pitch forks and villiagers.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Originally posted by Betakodo

Oh yeah, I'm sure people won't just go and GET the supply. The limiting reagent here is the GOLD. You can get supply from resource camps. Even says so in your link. [Mod Edit]

You can only get supply from camps you actually control, you need a lot more than you can carry, you need someone to defend the build site while you're off getting the supply, you need someone to actually use the equipment, you need someone to defend it ...

And you need to be stupid enoug to spend cash on something you're already getting just by playing.

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328
    10th of April can't get here soon enough ^^

Originally posted by Mavacar

10th of April can't get here soon enough ^^