Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Response from the guy The Mittani Harrassed

RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Comments

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Mittani is perfect example of half-monkey tosser

And he should be sanctioned for what he did. Hopefully charged for treath and intention of body harm. By the police.

(people go to jail for less than what he said there)

In defence of EVE , not everyone playing the game is like that. In fact i met more polite and intelligent people there, than such idiots.

Problem is that CCP and companies like that encourage this type of players.

Reason is simple.

Griefers suffer from inferiority sindrome, but they are also inheritely agressive. Meaning they wish to harm other people but they are afraid to do it.

Virtual world gives them opportunity to harm other people with no risk to them selves.

It feels so good to them that they are willing to pay anything to get it. And companies like CCP take advantage of that.

This is why i stoped playing EVE, and other FFA PVP games.

Because they are not made for PVP , they are made for griefing - they give huge upper hand to cowards

And if you are not one , there is simply no point in playing.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

So hang on, did the guy at first seem not bothered, then accept an apology and ig credits (odd on both sides frankly) and now is decrying it all after a massive rabble kicked up by other players? Somewhat odd if that is the case frankly.

Oh and OP, are you The Wis? :p

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• TyphadoTyphado Member Posts: 177

Blarg copy paste

OK.. I really do not know what to say. I am at a loss for words with all that is going on.

I guess I should say that this is not about someone alt in eve.

This is not about someone losing isks they worked for.

This is not about someone losing a machanaw in the game.

This is not something I started. I was really shocked to see the video monday night when I finaly had time.

This is all really about a person that is over joyed in making some one hurt as much as they can in real life not in game.

Going by his power point I have to say he thought about it long before getting drunk.

If thowing my name out there was something he planed to do or not that I can not say, and we will never know for sure.

But when reflect the way he talked about my mail. I am sure that was an option he was holding on to and tossing up becouse he was really enjoying tomenting someone.

I am sorry this is not the alt in the game that is talk but the person playing the alt.

There are allot of people out there that have real life problems, but they are warned when they join Eve. Whats said and done in the game doesn't bother me, its all part of Eve.

To me this **** got real and hurt full when I watched a video where a complete stranger urged other complete strangers to try make me kill myself.

The Wis

Into the breach meatbags

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by bunnyhopper

So hang on, did the guy at first seem not bothered, then accept an apology and ig credits (odd on both sides frankly) and now is decrying it all after a massive rabble kicked up by other players? Somewhat odd if that is the case frankly.

Oh and OP, are you The Wis? :p

His profile seemed pretty chill, mentioned that he got 10 bil from mittani and that he's not sure what to think about all this, I believe him when he says he saw the video for the first time. I haven't even watched it, I only read the transcripts myself. So this could in fact be his genuine reaction to watching the video.

Originally posted by Lobotomist

And he should be sanctioned for what he did. Hopefully charged for treath and intention of body harm. By the police.

I'm not sure he threatened any actual bodily harm, I think he meant to send his goons -in game- to wherever this guy was -in game- and have them attack him -in game- "for teh lulz". EVE does allow you to find other players in game via NPC locator agents. Why thats built into the game you can probably draw your own conclusions on.

Originally posted by Calfis

His profile seemed pretty chill, mentioned that he got 10 bil from mittani and that he's not sure what to think about all this, I believe him when he says he saw the video for the first time. I haven't even watched it, I only read the transcripts myself. So this could in fact be his genuine reaction to watching the video.

Perhaps, tbh it is all just rabble rousing white knights and Goons trolling/arguing with each other now. Amusing to read all the same. I think this post sums up my opinions, admittedly from a biased poster (being quoted). Apology in advance for the hatchet job on the quotes:

Ai Shun wrote:

The Wis wrote:

This was never anything over the game. I was having fun with the guys and it did not hurt my in game wallet. I am sorry that after talking to them I told them more then I should.

None of this is over the game itself. I am 47 and try not to let game things bother me. It is hard to do sometimes But it happens.

So I vented my frustration to him fine. Done.. But to make it public. Ok that I guess only hurts me.. But to call out my name and encourge people to go after me.. Well that is different.

The mail I sent him I had allot of double enduwindows for him to get a laugh out of. LIke I will go play with myself. that was ment for a laugh on his part.

The moral crusaders are outraged. The Goons and their dicklickers are being asshats. But it seems nobody has bothered to ask a simple question here.

What do you want?

SirMarksalot wrote:

It's because those crusaders don't actually care about The Wis.

Thats because this has presented a perfect banner for a crusade against CCP and the way they run EVE which is really what they are outraged about.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

When I click the link in OP, Post 3830 is by Kallynda Nai and says "Welcome to Eve :condi:"

So I'm not seeing this dude's reply.

EDIT: Oh okay, confirming that the yellow text above is (was) this dude's reply at the time of this update. It's post 3754 right now for me.

• TyphadoTyphado Member Posts: 177

Originally posted by Jimmac

When I click the link in OP, Post 3830 is by Kallynda Nai and says "Welcome to Eve :condi:"

So I'm not seeing this dude's reply.

EDIT: Oh okay, confirming that the yellow text above is (was) this dude's reply at the time of this update.

Yeah I'm guessing ccp are going through the thread deleting trolls making all the posts slowly move up. Static links won't work.

Into the breach meatbags

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

1) well this drama will bring back goons in eve they love drama and even more goons will join

2) is clear that ppl who defend The Wis dont care about him is yet another reason to bash goons and maybe start a war against them, BoB war against goons was similar and that made goons presence in eve even bigger

3) goons got the votes reduced to 0 and now they will do the jita thing ....... every player in eve will feel that if they do it  :S :S

4) http://soundcloud.com/cptunderpants/state-of-the-goonion-march

BestSigEver :P

• JayBirdzJayBirdz Member Posts: 1,017

Originally posted by cosy

1) well this drama will bring back goons in eve they love drama and even more goons will join

2) is clear that ppl who defend The Wis dont care about him is yet another reason to bash goons and maybe start a war against them, BoB war against goons was similar and that made goons presence in eve even bigger

3) goons got the votes reduced to 0 and now they will do the jita thing ....... every player in eve will feel that if they do it  :S :S

4) http://soundcloud.com/cptunderpants/state-of-the-goonion-march

Number one is a good thing as long as it stays in game and not what Mittens did.

Goons and Jita:

It isn't anything high-sec'ers aren't use to anyways.  It is as if only goons can pull off freighter ganks. . Give me a break.  Everyone and their mother anymore have camps setup along high-sec trade routes looking for juicy targets.   Hell I fly through them just for laughs in a badger in order to see if anyone is stupid enough to pop me with anything bigger than a frigate.

Greed is Good and Jita

That event took thousands to shutdown the trade hubs. Rough guess, Below 10k and above 4k at most times considering lots of overflow were moving onto the secondary hubs.  Jita alone took what,  1900 - 2000 inside and several hundred on the outside gates to keep it shutdown.  Goons didn't do that, a portion of the pissed off playerbase did.

Back to Goons  and Jita:

While Goons are no doubt organized, I seriously doubt that they have the manpower to field 2000+ people to Jita as well as keep their home space secure. They would be better off disrupting specific items on (like ice) the markets rather than announceing to everyone 30 days ahead of time that they are going to gank at Jita.  Most informed traders will be moving out and setting up a secondary hub well before their event takes place.

So in the end Goons might pop a few more freighter than anyone else.  Big whoop.  ::roll-eyes::

Originally posted by JayBirdz

Back to Goons  and Jita:

While Goons are no doubt organized, I seriously doubt that they have the manpower to field 2000+ people to Jita as well as keep their home space secure. 

Actually with over 8000 members I wouldn't be surprised if they did, and remember its not just going to be goons, it will be TEST and the rest of the clusterfuck coalition as well, I don't know the exact numbers of all their allies and them put together but I imagine its close to the 20,000 mark if not more. However a couple of thousand less bodies in the north should give their enemies a fighting chance without being zerged too badly. 

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

Back to Goons  and Jita:

While Goons are no doubt organized, I seriously doubt that they have the manpower to field 2000+ people to Jita as well as keep their home space secure. 

Actually with over 8000 members I wouldn't be surprised if they did, and remember its not just going to be goons, it will be TEST and the rest of the clusterfuck coalition as well, I don't know the exact numbers of all their allies and them put together but I imagine its close to the 20,000 mark if not more. However a couple of thousand less bodies in the north should give their enemies a fighting chance without being zerged too badly. 

No way.  The requirements for that type of presence on at a single moment requires an entire pact of alliances.  Additionally, defense of a region doesn't have to be done immediately and can be delayed almost an entire week due to timers and such.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • JayBirdzJayBirdz Member Posts: 1,017

Back to Goons  and Jita:

That's a fair point.  I wasn't including Test/CFC which wasn't fair I guess. They do still have to maintain their own space.   

I don't know the exact numbers of Goons either.  I thought 2k was a fair number of actual players at anytime.  Seen that number thrown around on Eve-O a few times and no Goons protesting it, so I ran with it.

No doubt they will get more kills than the average freighter gankers. It's basically business as usual. Goons will just get more than anyone else.  People have 30 days to prepare and setup temp hubs. I guess as long as it doesn't turn into a full on griefing of CCP I doubt there will be any issues with it.   If it starts costing people jobs and CCP money, I wouldn't be surprised if CCP responds in some form or manner. Would you?

• notmexnotmex Member Posts: 43

What Mittardi did was nothing less that terrorism. Nuf said.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Thats because this has presented a perfect banner for a crusade against CCP and the way they run EVE which is really what they are outraged about.

It's not about The Wis, he is Ok so great, if Mittani's actions went unpunished it sends the wrong message, you just don't use a RL public platform to ask people to harrass someone in game because they have mental health issues, the principle in that goes beyond the game or the metagame, it is a shame the Mittani did not have the balls to stand up and resign, but in the end CCP did the right thing and sacked him from the position.

I don't play EvE and am neutral to its politics, I agree with the goons in that the game needs bastards and villains and wish them luck in burning Jita to the ground, I hope they have lots of fun doing so.
  • warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

whatever the victim says afterwords is irrelevent, it doesnt make the prick any less responsible for saying something he shouldnt have said.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 334

Most of the people are using this guy as an excuse to flame goons. I really doubt they care what happens to him in real life.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Ankur

Most of the people are using this guy as an excuse to flame goons. I really doubt they care what happens to him in real life.

And that does not excuse the original actions of the Mittani, it has no bearing on any of this, it is beyond EvE Online

Back to Goons  and Jita:

That's a fair point.  I wasn't including Test/CFC which wasn't fair I guess. They do still have to maintain their own space.   

I don't know the exact numbers of Goons either.  I thought 2k was a fair number of actual players at anytime.  Seen that number thrown around on Eve-O a few times and no Goons protesting it, so I ran with it.

No doubt they will get more kills than the average freighter gankers. It's basically business as usual. Goons will just get more than anyone else.  People have 30 days to prepare and setup temp hubs. I guess as long as it doesn't turn into a full on griefing of CCP I doubt there will be any issues with it.   If it starts costing people jobs and CCP money, I wouldn't be surprised if CCP responds in some form or manner. Would you?

Goons, TEST, Fatal Ascension, Gentlemen's Agreement, BLACK-MARK, Spacemonkey's Alliance (I know, that apostrophe is horrid), Get Off My Lawn, Fidelas Constans, Executive Outcomes, Tactical Narcotics Team, C0NVICTED, I'm probably missing some still, but so far the member count of just those alliances is over 26,000. Its ironic that Goons have built a coalition even bigger than the old BOB empire that they decried. They also have the most extensive jump bridge network in the game, meaning they can literally move huge numbers of players instantly from one edge of their space to the other edge, making defense unsurprisingly easy. 

2,000 is probably a fair number of casual online they have at any given time, if Mittani blows the horn of gondor I'm sure you will see way more than 2,000.

I think for goons part of the fun is giving warning ahead of time and then still being able to gank a lot of clueless people. So yeah its likely they will out gank the regular gankers but they will probably see it as a win: "lulz we warned you and you still died lololololol"

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

I'm not sure he threatened any actual bodily harm, I think he meant to send his goons -in game- to wherever this guy was -in game- and have them attack him -in game- "for teh lulz". EVE does allow you to find other players in game via NPC locator agents. Why thats built into the game you can probably draw your own conclusions on.

He is lucky Fan Fest was in Iceland instead of GB. In England there are people that served jail time for much less. (Mocking friends of car accident victims, for example)

And Mittani is still not out of the loop mind you. The guy can still sue him (and he is stupid he does not) and he can sue CCP as well.

And in worst case scenario , if the guy does commit suicide , Mittani would be held responsible (even facing murder charges for a drunken joke)...

Which makes Mittani the stupidest ass around.

I would change my name and go into hiding if i was him.

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

He is lucky Fan Fest was in Iceland instead of GB. In England there are people that served jail time for much less. (Mocking friends of car accident victims, for example)

And Mittani is still not out of the loop mind you. The guy can still sue him (and he is stupid he does not) and he can sue CCP as well.

And in worst case scenario , if the guy does commit suicide , Mittani would be held responsible (even facing murder charges for a drunken joke)...

Which makes Mittani the stupidest ass around.

I would change my name and go into hiding if i was him.

All of this just legitimizes suicidal behavior.  While I do believe what the Mittani did was distastful to say the least, suicidal people love attention and giving this guy attention is not going to help the problem.   Eggshell clients don't win lawsuits either so this guy isn't going to get anything that a normal person wouldn't.  The Wis needs to quit EVE and get some help, rewarding him was the worst possible thing to happen here.

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Gosh it's only 30 days. Hardly something to make a bigger rage about. His punishment was well deserved and if that's the OP's original post than the punishment was justified.

Because if even for an instant the victim felt "threatened" or "targeted" by the Mintanni's comments then he is guilty. He stated he was cool until he went live with it and tried to get others in on the harassment. Dude said he looked at it different after seeing the video and seeing how Mintanni premeditated his attack on him...

There's no black and white here.. It's straight forward, you can not incite others to try to harass someone. It's basic common fucking sesne or and yea.. Basic human decency..

He deserved his punishment now let him rot for the 30 days and come back.. It's not that serious

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

Originally posted by Opapanax

There's no black and white here.. It's straight forward, you can not incite others to try to harass someone. It's basic common fucking sesne or and yea.. Basic human decency..

Incidently, as soon as he comes back he plans on inciting his entire coalition to harass people in the most populated solar system on the single shard. 

Originally posted by RefMinor

Originally posted by Ankur

And that does not excuse the original actions of the Mittani, it has no bearing on any of this, it is beyond EvE Online

What? It has a rather large bearing on the whole fake moral outrage crusade part.

Sorry but people with zero connection to either party involved and zero connection to the game, who are banging on about the event on a forum from which zero good/bad will come from their posts.. are just rabble rousing.

Still everyone loves a good internet lynch mob amirite?