Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stronghold Kingdoms: First Impressions with Ripper X

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Ripper checks out the medieval castle building game Stronghold Kingdoms. Stronghold Kingdoms (SHK) is a massively multi-player online real time strategy game (MMORTS) with a medieval castle building theme. It was developed by Firefly Studios and is based on their commercially successful and popular Stronghold series of games. Check out Stronghold Kingdoms: First Impressions with Ripper X.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

I play this game.  It's a decent way to kill some time, however the cards you can buy are clearly what people would label as being "pay to win".  Also they come in packs that are random, so it's a gamble to get what ya want.  Still,  not bad to dip into now and then for me personally.

• AquaKiraAquaKira Member UncommonPosts: 39

Isn't this just like Travian, Tribal Wars, And all the 1000games like that?

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

Pay 2 Win.

Other than that.. its a nice game. Can easly becoma a big time sink :)

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464

Originally posted by AquaKira

Isn't this just like Travian, Tribal Wars, And all the 1000games like that?

Not if it's anything like Stronghold. I guess it is.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

game is fine, i got up to prince then kinda let my account die.. rofl, sadly the RMT kinda kills the game for people as even in alpha/beta when they sold RTM items to players you had the imbalances. a person can almost take on 30 people solo as long as they buy enough crowns for the cards to feed their army.

castle attacking really favours RMT as well, as you can amass more troops per base then the other player you are hitting can counter in less time.  visa versa they can amass more castle wall build/repair/increased health ect to counter any army that you throw at them. 

not sure if they changed the monks either but you can literally put your self in god mode by using monks to seal your towns from attacks for X hours/days.. while you can do that without RMT.. it does help loads making it even easier :/

• MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526

Fun game ... addicting ... hide your wallet ;)

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Originally posted by kadepsyson

I play this game.  It's a decent way to kill some time, however the cards you can buy are clearly what people would label as being "pay to win".  Also they come in packs that are random, so it's a gamble to get what ya want.  Still,  not bad to dip into now and then for me personally.

Pay2win is especially bad in this game, because losing can be ridiculously brutal.  You spend a month building up a town, only to have someone walk in, demolish your castle, and take it.  Sometimes even proceed to take all your towns.  It's like a long slow grindy game, with an xp penalty that can reduce you all the way back to level 1, if you get your butt kicked badly enough.. Encourages a lot more people to just quit, than pay anything.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.