Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: The Best Silly Moments

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Saving the world is serious business but even that fact doesn't preclude moments of laughter and amusement. In last weekend's beta event, we ferreted out some humorous moments in Guild Wars 2. Read on!

Well I had a great weekend playing yet another Guild Wars 2 Beta.  The best part about these beta events is that we get to play with ArenaNet developers, who take the time out of their very busy schedule to show us around Tyria, and just generally chat it up. It’s a good time.  While having some fun conversations with developers I was pointed towards some of the more humorous aspects of the game.  It was just a friendly little reminder that we need to sit back and just have fun.  So I want to go through some of my favorite silly moments that I encountered during my beta adventures, and since I can’t do it in the form of song and dance, I’ll just use words and sketches.

Read more of David North's Guild Wars 2: The Best Silly Moments.

Don’t judge me! You would have done the same thing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

It is nice to see this thrend continuing. In GW1, Ellie Rigby ws n NPC that gave you one quest. There was a host of others, from the female necro dance (Thriller dance) to the name of some bosses to talking with NPC musicians about 'Free Moa Bird'.  I mean, who can forget Wroth Yakslapper in Sorrow's Furnace?

It will be fun to see alll the little gems in this game.

• e1eplayere1eplayer Member UncommonPosts: 23

Sounds like fun!

I was wondering a bit about the events. I know that these mini events aren't world altering for the most part, but during your beta experience did you see any or hear of any that went beyond the first phase? Also, do these event reset and if so how soon/often?

Basically, if I do a kill X uber boss quest can someone walk up a minute later and kill the same X uber boss?

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

GW1 had a great sense of humor as well. Sure there was drama and intrigue and lots of death practically everywhere you turned, but there were also snowball fights and gigantic candy corn golems. The banter involving Cynn during Gwen's wedding to this day makes me laugh. You can tell just by spending time with Anet people that they like to have fun, and that comes through in their games. I hate when people take themselves and their product too seriously.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Originally posted by e1eplayer

Sounds like fun!

I was wondering a bit about the events. I know that these mini events aren't world altering for the most part, but during your beta experience did you see any or hear of any that went beyond the first phase? Also, do these event reset and if so how soon/often?

Basically, if I do a kill X uber boss quest can someone walk up a minute later and kill the same X uber boss?

This probably isn't the thread for this, but no. Events are like mini-storylines. People will be able to kill that boss again but it won't be for a while, after you finish that phase of the event the next phase will start and if it involves that same boss, it's because he wasn't killed the first time around. The next phase doesn't necessarily start instantly, either. You should probably read the others threads because it takes a bit more explaining than that, but think of it like this:

centaur invade - if repel then - if blah blah then - etc.

if didn't blah blah then - etc.

if didn't repel then - if blah blah blah then - etc.

if didn't blah blah blah then - etc.

Eventually the event will loop back to the beginning but how long it takes each event to do that is subject to what's happening.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• e1eplayere1eplayer Member UncommonPosts: 23

Ok. makes sense. I figure at that point of the "story" I've moved my character on so it's not like I'm gonna be watching the event repeat itself. Thanks

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Yeah that snowball fight looks fun. Hopefully it's a PvP mini-game. XD

• MustBeBadMustBeBad Member Posts: 74

Originally posted by Master10K

Yeah that snowball fight looks fun. Hopefully it's a PvP mini-game. XD

I guess Gw2 must be more fun playing than watching, because this video is boring...XD

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

LOL Those kids hit hard.

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339

HAHAHAH the snowman defence HAHAHAHAH thats gold :D. LOVED IT! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.