Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Open World PvP incentive

ch0sen0nech0sen0ne Member UncommonPosts: 87

Other than people fighting over BAM's there is no reason to PvP in the open world.

Killing for the hell of it gets old after a while...

Sure they are going to have Server Vs Server later but that is too little too late.

With GW2 coming out I think I will just skip this game and save me the time and money.

People that love PVE will surely like this game tho.

its just not my cup of tea...

Comments

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I'd love to see some castle siegeing for certain. I also kind of wonder how the PvP vanarchs will gain control of their provinces.

• ch0sen0nech0sen0ne Member UncommonPosts: 87

Vanarchs gain control through popular vote or winning pvp in battlegrounds as the group leader.

• GanatharGanathar Member Posts: 143

Originally posted by ch0sen0ne

Other than people fighting over BAM's there is no reason to PvP in the open world.

Sure they are going to have Server Vs Server later but that is too little too late.

With GW2 coming out I think I will just skip this game and save me the time and money.

As you are a GW2 fan, I am sure that you have heard the phrase "we will play this for fun and not for the reward " in the GW2 forums when people complain about the lack of gear rewards in the endgame, so if you really think that GW2 is going to be great your argument is irrelevant.

You do not need an incentive to have fun!!!

I could care less about rewards.

I just want meaningful PVP like territoy and resource control.

and like I said even the "fun" gets old unless there is a reason to do so

Deathmatch is so Quake 2, I'm over it.

• AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 334

PVP for fun. That is exactly what people are going to tell you on GW2 forums...  

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by Ganathar

As you are a GW2 fan, I am sure that you have heard the phrase "we will play this for fun and not for the reward " in the GW2 forums when people complain about the lack of gear rewards in the endgame, so if you really think that GW2 is going to be great your argument is irrelevant.

No but not having incentives for PvP in an MMORPG is not fun, atleast not after a short while of senseless PvPing.

I was really hoping for territory control type PvP but apparently there wont be any?

GW2 you PvP for server terriotry domination and to move up the server ranks/ladders

You can also level up competely off PvP and gain loot for killing players

need I say more?

how is GW2 soely PvP for fun...?

Originally posted by Yamota

No but not having incentives for PvP in an MMORPG is not fun, atleast not after a short while of senseless PvPing.

I was really hoping for territory control type PvP but apparently there wont be any?

I am not sure about the specifics of the pol,itical system and how PvP is going to tie to it. However TERA has some battlegrounds and OWPvP. It's biggest PvP feature will be the server battles, which will have rewards. Server battles will "probably" be included in the next Korean patch.

• AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 334

GW2 you PvP for server terriotry domination and to move up the server ranks/ladders

need I say more?

Don't know but that is what we keep reading all the time..you tell us.

need I say more?

I never specifically stated that I was talking about GW2 PvP. I was just talking about the general attitude of GW2 fans towards content that dosen't really reward "much", such as their endgame dungeons, they say that they will do them for fun an I'm fine with that. But the OP's post seems to go against GW2's spirit of fun, so I have to wonder if he will really like GW2 or not.

endgame dungeons? who cares! I'm talking about PvP here

Lare-scale PvP combat fighting for territory and server domination!

and good luck to Tera ever stepping foot in the esports scene, lol....

http://gw2esport.com/item/guild-wars-2-pvp-to-feature-300-player-server-vs-server-battles-and-siege-warfare.html

endgame dungeons? who cares! I'm talking about PvP here

Lare-scale PvP combat fighting for territory and server domination!

and good luck to Tera ever stepping foot in the esports scene, lol....

http://gw2esport.com/item/guild-wars-2-pvp-to-feature-300-player-server-vs-server-battles-and-siege-warfare.html

No one ever claimed that TERA was going to have e-sport PvP. They will have battlegrounds, SvS (no details on this yet) and OWPvP (which is for fun and not rewards). That's what everyone is saying they will have. Whoever rolls on a PvP server rolls because he finds OWPvP thrilling and that is a good enough reason to have such servers, those people OWPvP for fun, it isn't hard to understand. Also those people like to PvP with TERA's combat system, I don't know if you like it but some people do.

When did e-sport became important in mmorpgs? I would understand this in regards to moba territory or strictly arena style games, but mmorpgs? Not really.

Reason why all the hardcore pvp'ers keep going back to WoW is because of esports.

• shi7anshi7an Member UncommonPosts: 14

Lol real pvp players don't need a reason to pvp. so either you're just trollin or you're not even much of a pvp player. maybe you should stick to PvE or RP servers.

need a reason? because its fun. there. need another one? you can declare war against all other clans on the server and dominate the server, don't let them level up.. don't let them go to dungeon entrances etc.

Ah how I miss the UO days people weren't like these back in those days... these new genereation of players keep gettin worst and worst lol

I myself aint gonna play GW2 as there's nothing fun there. WvWvW (Zerg vs Zerg vs Zerg) is not for me I rather have organized pvp where player skill matters not whoever has more players win. the graphics are really bad for 2012 game I can probably run the game on my grandmother's Pentium 1, and it's not even action combat.. it's tab target. The leveling system is the same thing as any other game... kill mobs to lvl up... you just do it "dynamically" lol.  don't give me "you can hit max lvl without killin 1 mob" crap... maybe you're right and you can...but I guarantee you it's not effective and by the time people hit max lvl you're gonna be lvl 15 still. so yah go grind mobs FTW.

just my cup of tea....

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Originally posted by shi7an

Lol real pvp players don't need a reason to pvp. so either you're just trollin or you're not even much of a pvp player. maybe you should stick to PvE or RP servers.

need a reason? because its fun. there. need another one? you can declare war against all other clans on the server and dominate the server, don't let them level up.. don't let them go to dungeon entrances etc.

Ah how I miss the UO days people weren't like these back in those days... these new genereation of players keep gettin worst and worst lol

I myself aint gonna play GW2 as there's nothing fun there. WvWvW (Zerg vs Zerg vs Zerg) is not for me I rather have organized pvp where player skill matters not whoever has more players win. the graphics are really bad for 2012 game I can probably run the game on my grandmother's Pentium 1, and it's not even action combat.. it's tab target. The leveling system is the same thing as any other game... kill mobs to lvl up... you just do it "dynamically" lol.  don't give me "you can hit max lvl without killin 1 mob" crap... maybe you're right and you can...but I guarantee you it's not effective and by the time people hit max lvl you're gonna be lvl 15 still. so yah go grind mobs FTW.

just my cup of tea....

I agree with you and disagree with you. I never ever need a reason to pvp, other then for the fun of it. Your description of WvWvW, is flat out wrong. They re encouraging not to zerg to a sense. You need to spread out your forces, and take points all over the map to dominate points wise. Sure you can zerg point after point after point, but little forces all around will just take the spots you re not at, and more then 1 at a time. The graphics aren t bad, leveling is a moot point in GW2, because you don t feel like you re killing 10 mobs, run to npc, repeat, pick 10 flowers, repeat, kill the odd BAM, repeat. If you haven t noticed skill matters more then you think in GW2. It s not just mashing buttons.

You actually have to learn your weapon sets, what they offer for certain situations. That said if you ever played DAOC, you would know that in a 3 faction game, more numbers don t always mean win. Albs tried that for years, and lost more then they won.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Originally posted by shi7an

just my cup of tea....

This thread starts to remind me guys arguing on preference over girls (or girls over guys). Blondes are better, no brunettes, no redheads ... no ... well, it's kind of funny because everyone is right and wrong at the same time :)

I've been playing MMO's for ages now and ganking people has grown stale

and since WoW battlegrounds, structured pvp is lame and boring.

Even in Zerg Vs Zerg combat a small group of coordinated players can wreak havok, which to me is a ton more fun.

Guerrulla warfare ftw...

Originally posted by Xasapis

This thread starts to remind me guys arguing on preference over girls (or girls over guys). Blondes are better, no brunettes, no redheads ... no ... well, it's kind of funny because everyone is right and wrong at the same time :)

You're right, its all personal preference.

Like I said, not my cup or tea.

I am not sure about the specifics of the pol,itical system and how PvP is going to tie to it. However TERA has some battlegrounds and OWPvP. It's biggest PvP feature will be the server battles, which will have rewards. Server battles will "probably" be included in the next Korean patch.

Question is how long that will take to reach us. I am sick of PvP battlegrounds and PvE for gear, this is what I did in SW:TOR and has zero lasting appeal for me.

Reason why all the hardcore pvp'ers keep going back to WoW is because of esports.

Hardcore PvP'ers playing WoW? Haha, what a joke.

Shows what you know...

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Not sure.

Supposedly the "end game" political system will incorporate some sort of pvp. Maybe it will be more "open world" on the pvp servers.

I do have to add that not even Lineage 2 had sieges at launch and people found reason to pvp each other until they were added.

I would love to have sieging in this game. But not like Warhammer or Aion Sieging. Sieging where you kept control for a while. Well, I suppose like L2.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

+1

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.