Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm really enjoying this games questing.

I don't know about the rest of the game, but I'm really enjoying the leveling process. I don't group or do skirms. I started playing this game to fill the mmo void and I have been pleasantly surprised.

The quest text is actually fun to read and really well written. I hope it stays this way all the way to the cap.

This game (so far at level 20) get's my solo players seal of approval.

I guess I have nothing of real value to say. Just bored, waiting for work to start, and wanted to share my thoughts.

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

Hopefully the next update will help because you will be able to specifically put yourself as looking for an instance instead of just a quest in an instance that others might not have.

• ProfGetzProfGetz Member UncommonPosts: 182

It is a good game for sure. I enjoy everything right up to Moria.  I HATE Mines of Moria and would gladly skip it. I still play on F2P from time to time, mostly on lower level characters, just wondering around getting eaten by bears.

Every MMORPG is AWESOME, until it's released!
    I don't want a game so much as I want a WORLD!
    --
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

WHen I first started LoTRO I enjoyed the quests also, but around level 35 or so they started to get very tedious to me.....There were  a couple in particular where all you do is run back and forth over long distances and that got boring very quickly

• ShaunJ1380ShaunJ1380 Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by Theocritus

WHen I first started LoTRO I enjoyed the quests also, but around level 35 or so they started to get very tedious to me.....There were  a couple in particular where all you do is run back and forth over long distances and that got boring very quickly

I'm not a fan of that type of questing either.

What's wrong with Mines of Moria? I already bought that quest pack. I hope I don't regret it.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

One thing I wish they would do is if you are doing an instance can I get all the quests before I go and not have to turn in and then be told...."Hey can you go back in there and do X now?"

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

The "epic book quests" (or whatever the name), are what drew me into the world. I was absolutely in love with the lore and doing things that "tied into" the fellowsip's quest.

Then one day, I had to do regular quests for 5 or 6 levels so that I could do my next epic quest. After I logged out that night, I didn't log back in. I haven't had a great desire to do so, even thought I enjoyed the game and want to see more of Middle Earth.

Maybe I'll try again next week. Or after I go back to WAR. Or get done with STO. And TOR is calling.................

Crap.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• ProfGetzProfGetz Member UncommonPosts: 182

Originally posted by ShaunJ1380

Originally posted by Theocritus

I'm not a fan of that type of questing either.

What's wrong with Mines of Moria? I already bought that quest pack. I hope I don't regret it.

My dislike of MoM is really more of a personal thing. I found it hard to navigate, dark and confusing. I play Hobbits exclusively, that may have sometihng to do with it. :-) When I finally hit the other side and open air, it was such a relief! My friends were OK with MoM as are most people I think. I prefer the open air.

Every MMORPG is AWESOME, until it's released!
    I don't want a game so much as I want a WORLD!
    --
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

Great game, IMO the best F2P MMO on the market atm.

• MithgonNimelMithgonNimel Member Posts: 11

Its the most refined, concertedly well-made MMORPG in the business. Don't expect a decline in its quality as you progress through the game. It only gets better....

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371

Originally posted by GetzMango

It is a good game for sure. I enjoy everything right up to Moria.  I HATE Mines of Moria and would gladly skip it. I still play on F2P from time to time, mostly on lower level characters, just wondering around getting eaten by bears.

Moria is absolutely my favorite zone (or series of zones).  I actually look forward on every character that I start to begin that zone.  I also enjoy spending 7-9 levels in a dark cave and FINALLY getting out and seeing the sun on the other end.  It's like playing a completely different game for a few levels.  I just like how the ambiance changes suddenly for a significant amount of time.

Just my opinion of course.  I can see how some people don't like it.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

The "epic book quests" (or whatever the name), are what drew me into the world. I was absolutely in love with the lore and doing things that "tied into" the fellowsip's quest.

Then one day, I had to do regular quests for 5 or 6 levels so that I could do my next epic quest. After I logged out that night, I didn't log back in. I haven't had a great desire to do so, even thought I enjoyed the game and want to see more of Middle Earth.

Maybe I'll try again next week. Or after I go back to WAR. Or get done with STO. And TOR is calling.................

Crap.

Played TOR.   Could barely finish my first month.   They're going nuts.   Tons of people see the huge population decline, while the fanboys are heaping scorne and abuse over those who point it out because ONE nitwit jouralist drew an errenous conclusion from a badly worded quote and now it's 'gospel' that the game has not lost any subs from 12/31/2011 and some even claim over 2 million subscribers...   Yet virtually all the servers are at least 50% in light status (seems to be around 400 players to break light), with some servers in perma-light status and there are 1,000s of posts begging for server mergers...   It's just seriously messed up.       

Anyway, the game is boring.   People complain about too many fedex quests...   These are all FedEx quests..   Kill 10 monster, update now kill 20 more, update, now 40 more, update now kill soloable field boss.   Four quests, just like that, per hub.   Four hubs per planet.    Even the main quests are stupid.   PvP doesn't work for mutiple reasons.    Crafting is worthless.  The economy is broken.  Since the game is so easy solo there's not a lot of community.  The worlds are sterile, confining and more like halls and rooms than worlds.   The space game is a joke.   It's taken from a 1980s arcarde game or something.  You're totally on a rail...

It was one of the worst MMO experiences ever.   And I played UO a bit, EQ2 on-and-off, DDO, LOTRO (2+ years) , Fallen Earth, Eve Online, Mabinogi, Perfect World. STO, DCUO, Lineage II, GW1...     

It's just....   Sterile.     Repetitive.   Lacks even minor challenge.    It's the T-Ball of MMOs, everybody gets a hit, everybody gets a trophy...

• I enjoy the questing as well, and when it gets repetitive for me, I just switch to skirms or instances for a bit.  I really like that you can break the tedium that way.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by MosesZD

Played TOR.   Could barely finish my first month.   They're going nuts.   Tons of people see the huge population decline, while the fanboys are heaping scorne and abuse over those who point it out because ONE nitwit jouralist drew an errenous conclusion from a badly worded quote and now it's 'gospel' that the game has not lost any subs from 12/31/2011 and some even claim over 2 million subscribers...   Yet virtually all the servers are at least 50% in light status (seems to be around 400 players to break light), with some servers in perma-light status and there are 1,000s of posts begging for server mergers...   It's just seriously messed up.       

Anyway, the game is boring.   People complain about too many fedex quests...   These are all FedEx quests..   Kill 10 monster, update now kill 20 more, update, now 40 more, update now kill soloable field boss.   Four quests, just like that, per hub.   Four hubs per planet.    Even the main quests are stupid.   PvP doesn't work for mutiple reasons.    Crafting is worthless.  The economy is broken.  Since the game is so easy solo there's not a lot of community.  The worlds are sterile, confining and more like halls and rooms than worlds.   The space game is a joke.   It's taken from a 1980s arcarde game or something.  You're totally on a rail...

It was one of the worst MMO experiences ever.   And I played UO a bit, EQ2 on-and-off, DDO, LOTRO (2+ years) , Fallen Earth, Eve Online, Mabinogi, Perfect World. STO, DCUO, Lineage II, GW1...     

It's just....   Sterile.     Repetitive.   Lacks even minor challenge.    It's the T-Ball of MMOs, everybody gets a hit, everybody gets a trophy...

You sure managed to pack a lot of misinformation into one post.  Congrats on that.  Not sure that someone who only played the game for a month is really qualified to give an accurate assessment of TOR, however.  And then you went ahead and proved that by actually using the server status as a means to prove your dubious point about population decrease.  

Most people know that Bioware sets the server population caps, and that they've been increased since the game launched.  So judging a server's population based on whether it is labelled light, medium, or heavy is inaccurate at best.  But the haters will use anything to try and prove a point I guess.  Very little of what you posted in the rest of your little rant actually has any merit, either.  Some of it is just outright lies.  But I won't go into all of that on a thread about LOTRO.  

Back to the topic:  LOTRO is still probably the best looking MMO on the market.  I've been playing TOR, and enjoying the heck out of it, but will ocassionally go back to LOTRO.  Just the environment in LOTRO is enough to take your breath away.  Turbine did a wonderful job of capturing the look and feel of Middle Earth.  And the epic questline is excellent.  Like one of the posters said, Moria was awful for me.  I mean, it looked very impressive.  I just hate inside envirnoments, and it was very difficult to navigate around.  By the time I popped out to the other side in Lothlorian, the sun never looked so good to me.  Maybe that was the point, after all, though.

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

I am absolutely loving playing a burglar through Moria at the moment (not my first toon).

Great game, and just as importantly, a great community.

Turbine have made a lot of intelligent changes to the game to allow for solo play for whenever grouping is an issue.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• ValmarillValmarill Member Posts: 21

I got into my feelings on why SWToR didn't work for me. I will skip that and go to the Mines of Moria question.

People have mixed feelings about Moria. It's a dark mine and hard to navigate. In some places a false step will plummet you down a thousand plus foot shaft to your death. If you do the epics, you do a LOT of Fed Ex quests .... however that is true even outside of Moria. I was fortunate to have chosen a Hunter as my first character because they get ports to every major location. Being able to port to the 21st hall and then take a *goat-taxi* to your destination is a major plus. Even then, the FedEx quests were excessive. 

Moria is dark and has a great mood. I hated it my first time through. It's confusing and as I said earlier difficult to navigate. Now I am on my 4th time through and I enjoy it more. I will say though, that there is no better feeling than coming out of the mines and into the Golden wood. Especially since 90% of my characters are Elves. (I just enjoy their lore more) Another nice benefit to playing an elf is the night vision. You can toggle on night sight and get an area lit around you to help in avoiding those ledges and pitfalls. 

Anyway, you will find Moria has a lot fo narrow passages and hallways and your are often forced to fight your way through without any way to circumvent difficult terrain or enemies.  once you get past the frustration, you can take a moment to appreciate the artwork in bringing Moria to life. It's still not my favorite place. I will always be fond of Lothlorien, Falathlorn, The Shire, and Trollshaws simply for the sake of their beauty and how well the art team did at bringing the felling of those places to a game.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by MosesZD

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Crap.

Did you get fired from bioware or something LOL.

On to LOTRO, great graphics-you can play this game with a single core and on high graphics and it still looks great.   After SWTOR it has the best quests with the exception of a lot of kill 10 bear and boar quests, Lotro needs to get rid of some of those and be a bit more creative-overall good f2p game with a very fair model