Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Future of mmorpg pvp is simple --to be simple

palulalulapalulalula vukovarPosts: 655Member

Well i am more and more disappointed with pvp that game developers want to serve us as something new and challenging. Everything started with swtor where you have fun but not so much challenging pvp where everyone without much skill can win . Now is gw2 coming soon with even more simple  style of combat, like one of my friend said--''Oh finally i can pvp, in wow i got never rating over 1.5k and in swtor i can kill anyone, but in gw2 my friend i will pown for real''  He is hardcore fps player and that tells you in which direction is mmo pvp going--- no more skills just brute power and luck.

Comments

• bishboshbishbosh SydneyPosts: 388Member

what are you on about FPS games are all about skill. traditional mmorpg combat is about luck and stats and who spend more time neckbearding raids/pvp points : /

• DJJazzyDJJazzy louisville, COPosts: 2,053Member

Are you saying that mmorpgs that focus on gear have more skill than those that don't?

• zekeofevzekeofev Mesa, AZPosts: 233Member

The original guild wars and gear and skill sidegrades. You could make a brand new pvp character and unlock enough points for a singular build very quickly. End game pvp was about skill selection and coordination.

Additionally because guildwars 2 has hit/dodge mechanics it will gain some shooter elements making it less what you described.

Sure I agree that WoW and most WoW clones are like that. They are gear treadmills where you can outgear to gain advantage.

But I for one am looking forward to tactical group pvp.

• palulalulapalulalula vukovarPosts: 655Member

Originally posted by DJJazzy

Are you saying that mmorpgs that focus on gear have more skill than those that don't?

It is not about gear, it is about  productive abilities. In wow you cant reach arena rating over 2300 if you are not a good player and if you don't know how to counter any other class . What they do now is just to make evrything so simple-hit, hit and hit, no more  taking care about enemy cd, no need to  have knowledge about other classes. On the end we will not even need bars

• punkrockpunkrock va, VAPosts: 1,777Member
    Last real PVP game was DAOC,AO,l2 etc. There has been no real PVP since then.
  • laokokolaokoko TaipeiPosts: 2,003Member

Basically Palulalula is trying to say is if a bad pvper like me fight a good pvper in wow 100 times.  I'll loss 100 times.  Even if we are wearing the same gear. 

But if a bad pvper like me fight a good pvper in other games, I could potentially win "some times".  I'll probably have a really bad kill/death ratio, but I'll still win some times.  Because the combat mechanic is too simple. 

That being said, I make no swtor or guild war 2 referance so refrain from telling me how guild war2 is the most fair pvp mmorpg on the market because there is no gear treadmill.

• ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    PUNK:
    I would say planetside as the last good mmo for pvp.

But that's pretty old.
    Agrees with daoc, lineage 2, eve etc..
  • ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    Op:

Guild wars (both 1 and 2 ) are more pvp orientated games than wow. END OF

Wow (and its clones) pvp is just pvp for people that are bad at fps, but can "win" at wow through grind.
  • punkrockpunkrock va, VAPosts: 1,777Member
    Ah ok i never got to really play that game, but i seen some videos looks awesome.
  • laokokolaokoko TaipeiPosts: 2,003Member

Originally posted by ShakyMo

Op:

Guild wars (both 1 and 2 ) are more pvp orientated games than wow. END OF

Wow (and its clones) pvp is just pvp for people that are bad at fps, but can "win" at wow through grind.

Why do you say that? I havn't play wow for a few years.  But last I check I I only need to play 1 hour a week and I had the best pvp gear.

It doesnt' matter how much other people grind, I'll always have the better gear.  You get the best pvp gear through arena right?