Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darksouls on PC? Maybe?

WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

A PC version for Dark Souls could be imminent.  There was that petition a while back asking for the developers to make a PC version of this great console title.  I was one of those that signed that, and I really do hope this becomes reality.  IMO, it's an outstanding game hampered by console limitations.  Unleash its potential on the PC, I say!

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

Comments

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

They might mention something about PC or they might even not mention anything. I believe the upcoming announcement is likely to be in regard to the upcoming DLC that they've been working on for a while (which was mentionned briefly in February if I recall correctly).

EDIT: Actually, I might be wrong. Further research shows something much more interesting that hint towards a PC version of the game : Eurogamer - Near-irrefutable evidence of Dark Souls PC arises

Simultaneously, Namco Bandai teased a Dark Souls Facebook announcement and Australian magazine PC PowerPlay teased a forthcoming issue with the tell-tale Dark Souls death message "You Died".

• vilkonvilkon Member Posts: 14

Thats quite cool. I would love to play darksouls on PC as i dont own a consol D:

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Originally posted by vilkon

Thats quite cool. I would love to play darksouls on PC as i dont own a consol D:

It's a great game, one of the very, very few console titles I own (PS3 ver).  One can wonder how well that game would look with an HD treatment and the power of today's PCs.  Not to mention... mods image

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• SonikFlashSonikFlash Member UncommonPosts: 561

Dark souls is one of the few games I don't think would be improved by a pc release.  Not that I don't love the game, but playing this particular one without joysticks would be painful.  It's already hard to get used to the sluggish movement of this game but with a mouse it would just be ugly while you frantically tried to turn. 

Granted that's operating under the assumption that it would be a half arsed console port.  Generally speaking and history proves it correct console ports tend to not take into account the platform they are getting ported to.

If sensitivity gets raised then there may be a case for a pc version. 

imo of course.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by Warmaker

A PC version for Dark Souls could be imminent.  There was that petition a while back asking for the developers to make a PC version of this great console title.  I was one of those that signed that, and I really do hope this becomes reality.  IMO, it's an outstanding game hampered by console limitations.  Unleash its potential on the PC, I say!

i wanted Dark SOuls on PC really badly, but a sad console port? no thanks.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Originally posted by rojo6934

Originally posted by Warmaker

i wanted Dark SOuls on PC really badly, but a sad console port? no thanks.

I have a PC 360 pad so if it's a stright port I say bring it on.  I found playng Skyrim on a pad more enjoyable and fun than keyboard and mouse, Deadspace was great in a pad, shame Masseffect does not support a pad.

• HauvarnHauvarn Member Posts: 220

Meh, the game seems to have been made from the ground up to be run on consoles.  As ealier posters have said the history of console > pc ports are usually never good and I definately don't see this game being the exception.

Yes I played SWTOR.

• InterestingInteresting Member UncommonPosts: 972
  • warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

really cant see this game being that good with a K/M, mouse sure, but keyboard movement might not be accurate enough to properley traverse everything safely.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• InterestingInteresting Member UncommonPosts: 972

I can see the gameplay being as good as Mount and Blade or the Witcher was.

Ah, by the way, know how the Witcher 2 and Baldurs Gate recently came with a new gimmick "Enhanced Edition"?

I think Dark Souls will be called Enhanced Edition as well.