Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Petition: Remove ALL Best of the year Game from EVE and publicity

AlakorAlakor Member UncommonPosts: 46

It is time for us gamers to make a stand ccp is directly collaboratign with a criminal! Its time for us to punish them.

Criminal Mittani behaviour: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=86554&find=unread

Comments

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Um..what?

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

HELL YEAH! *shakes fist*

Uhm, ... wat?

The Mitani said he was sorry, right?

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Question, is being crominal worse than being a vegetarian?

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Dude, people generally need a bit more information, first...

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

WOW, rarely do I mock people on internet forums, but for those who vote yes in this case I will make an exception.

edit: might as well start off, OP, show some balls and post on your main account.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• gimmesomegimmesome Member Posts: 362

Meh.... this is being blown out of proportion.

I mean, yeah, it was completely out of line, and very tacky and distasteful and insulting and all sorts of other words can be used to describe.

But seriously, it's not like there was some conspiracy between him and CCP to say those things at the exact moment and cause a big hoot and fuss.    This was a sh!tty person saying a sh!tty thing, and at most, he should be removed.  CCP is only responsible in a very indirect way, and shouldn't be forced to deal with some revolt.   

... unless they let Mittani continue his services unpunished of course.   That would be pretty lame.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

If the OP had said "Should Goonsquad be removed fromt the game and its members collectively shot into outer space on a shuttle with a defective oxygen supply?", I would have voted yes.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Originally posted by Kyleran

WOW, rarely do I mock people on internet forums, but for those who vote yes in this case I will make an exception.

edit: might as well start off, OP, show some balls and post on your main account.

image Agree 100%!

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• TorqiaTorqia Member UncommonPosts: 73

I did some reading on the matter and seriously OP. You should wait till after the enternal investigation done by cccp is done before comming up with polls like this..

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

While the person in question MAY be a criminal (in some countries, what was said could be considered harassement - not sure about Iceland) AND he's definately an idiot - what was said was done so in an unmoderated forum.  CCP has said they're investigating it - and I'll bet something like that won't happen again - but laying the entire blame on them is reactionary - and well...just...dumb!

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Originally posted by gimmesome

Meh.... this is being blown out of proportion.

I mean, yeah, it was completely out of line, and very tacky and distasteful and insulting and all sorts of other words can be used to describe.

But seriously, it's not like there was some conspiracy between him and CCP to say those things at the exact moment and cause a big hoot and fuss.    This was a sh!tty person saying a sh!tty thing, and at most, he should be removed.  CCP is only responsible in a very indirect way, and shouldn't be forced to deal with some revolt.   

... unless they let Mittani continue his services unpunished of course.   That would be pretty lame.

My first question would be who would have the deeper pockets CCP or Goon Squad. My next question would be is the FCC looking at this. Naww, no self-respecting Lawyer would want to go after CCP ? Or would they.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Dude, 

He was drunk and rambling. When he recovered from his hangover and got off the plane he read what he actually said and apologised profusely. Also, it was billed as an unregulated unmoderated forum so CCP shouldnt be held responsible.

Moral of the story: Dont do press events when drunk

Also, someone should check on that suicidal dude. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

If the OP had said "Should Goonsquad be removed fromt the game and its members collectively shot into outer space on a shuttle with a defective oxygen supply?", I would have voted yes.

How would one fit 8,000 fatties on a shuttle?

• DalmontDalmont Member UncommonPosts: 272

Oh dear, some people are upset that a game isn't hello kitty online and the people who play it are not angels.

I don't support the Mittani and I didn't vote for him, but he said something silly when drunk and I really really don't care.

There are worse things said in game every day to people, in fact I've heard worse when I played wow alot.

So get off your high horse and walk back to Hello kitty :)

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

I would actually pay pretty good to been able to see his face when he saw what he said, and it sunk in that it went far far beyond the usual trolling that GS does... And even better i would like to see the messages from CCP to him.

This have been a good conversation

• SporinSporin Member Posts: 18

Punks like that should be banned, hell, criminally charged! No wonder the WoW kids think they can act like a******s online. I hope he gets whats coming to him *in game of course! ;)* :(

• AlakorAlakor Member UncommonPosts: 46

Originally posted by DarkPony

HELL YEAH! *shakes fist*

Uhm, ... wat?

Saying sorry doesnt make up for what he did, he commited a crime.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Just a reminder that for discussion of the actual incident and response from The Mittani and that info, there's another thread for that. Keep this thread for poll discussion only. Thanks.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• BandenBanden Member Posts: 83

Are you fucking stupid? No.

Ill say this again, The mittani does not represent CCP or Eve online as a game, if you think this then you are a brainless prat, seriously, stop this shit people.

• BandenBanden Member Posts: 83

Originally posted by stragen001

Dude, 

He was drunk and rambling. When he recovered from his hangover and got off the plane he read what he actually said and apologised profusely. Also, it was billed as an unregulated unmoderated forum so CCP shouldnt be held responsible.

Moral of the story: Dont do press events when drunk

Also, someone should check on that suicidal dude. 

They allready did, the dude is perfectly fine, he was even joking about it. Seriously, if the dude in question doesnt even care about it, then you people have only your own outrage to hang on to. 

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Man, he used an official CCP platform to call for the in game harassment of someone with mental health issues with the express purpose of driving him to commit suicide, this was publically broadcast as part of the CCP coverage of their official event. I am not really sure how it can A. Be justifiable. B. not be against their catch all ToS or C. In CCP's interests (especially with their new partners such as Sony's publicly stated policies on cyber bullying) to keep this clusterfuck rolling down the hill gaining bad publicity.

Alex Gianturco, the Mittani, needs to step up and step down fast.
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by RefMinor

Man, he used an official CCP platform to call for the in game harassment of someone with mental health issues with the express purpose of driving him to commit suicide, this was publically broadcast as part of the CCP coverage of their official event. I am not really sure how it can A. Be justifiable. B. not be against their catch all ToS or C. In CCP's interests (especially with their new partners such as Sony's publicly stated policies on cyber bullying) to keep this clusterfuck rolling down the hill gaining bad publicity.

Agreed. There has to be consequences for this kind of behaviour as it is far beyond hardcore PvP behaviour. Cyber bullying is something real, one that has shown to lead to suicide in some cases. And knowingly doing it against someone who is allegedly suicidal already?

There is no excuse really... at the very least the Goons, or whatever these idiots are called, need to stay away from this guy.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Originally posted by Yamota

Originally posted by RefMinor

Agreed. There has to be consequences for this kind of behaviour as it is far beyond hardcore PvP behaviour. Cyber bullying is something real, one that has shown to lead to suicide in some cases. And knowingly doing it against someone who is allegedly suicidal already?

There is no excuse really... at the very least the Goons, or whatever these idiots are called, need to stay away from this guy.

I take it you've never visited the Something Awful.com forums to gain an understanding that he'll be considered a hero to the Goons, not a villian.

And as far as EVE goes, likely he controls the real life  cash assets of the Goonswarm (which are very considerable), so will be hard to depose him.  

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UronksurUronksur Member UncommonPosts: 310

Originally posted by Alakor

HELL YEAH! *shakes fist*

Uhm, ... wat?

Strange, I had this bizarre idea that that was for judicial systems to determine, not ranters on internet forums.

• GeeTeeEffOhGeeTeeEffOh Member Posts: 731

Originally posted by Uronksur

Originally posted by Alakor

HELL YEAH! *shakes fist*

Uhm, ... wat?

Strange, I had this bizarre idea that that was for judicial systems to determine, not ranters on internet forums.

OJ Simpson would agree with this statement