Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So my Fiancee makes 18/hr... I make 13.50 an hour and our only bills are

nomatics856nomatics856 Member UncommonPosts: 219

800$ for rent, 150 for car insurance, 150 for cell phone bills. I just realized... lifes amazing.

Comments

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I feel a great distubance in the force... as if millions minimum-wage slave voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

Yes, living off of roadkill saves on food bills, I can imagine.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• Hattie71Hattie71 Member Posts: 5

I can imagine.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Jealous of your rent. Im paying 1350 a month and i cant get out of bed right now to get ready cuz its friggin COLD. Im sposed to leave in 30 mins :( wtb heat!

On another note good job on being stable and getting engaged! (doesnt having a fiance mean youre engaged? O.O)

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307

Congrats on being engaged. I don't know how you afford everything. I've been in the workforce for a while now and I realized I've gotten a lot cheaper since I graduated school. Gas = 80 a week (horrible mileage), I don't have to pay for car insurance but that would be like 100, boxing gym 100, if I had to pay for rent it would be 400-500. Food is also about 60 a week. That is already over 1000. 

I don't even know how much to save but I save a lot. 

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

And I made $1400 last week.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Key words are your engaged, just wait til that wedding starts coming around.

I still feel the black hole in my wallet from my wedding, it nibbles my fingers XD

Originally posted by Dragonantis

I still feel the black hole in my wallet from my wedding, it nibbles my fingers XD

You never hear this from people that just paid 60$ at the county recorder for the license.

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Originally posted by GTwander

You never hear this from people that just paid 60$ at the county recorder for the license.

No, but then they have enraged relatives and inlaws who want a traditional wedding for their own sake nibbling at the fingers.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

Originally posted by Aelfinn

No, but then they have enraged relatives and inlaws who want a traditional wedding for their own sake nibbling at the fingers.

In that case, isn't it *tradition* for the bride's father to foot the bill?

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

And here I thought my $400.00 mortgage was too high.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Lucky here in the UK I cannot even move out of my parents house because no one will lend any money. I actually got turned down once because I ride a motorbike and they said they do not lend money to 23 year olds who ride a bike as they'll kill themselves. Yet my friend who drives a car, pays more in road tax and Petrol and has 2 kids can get as much money as he likes....... surely that's backwards because he has no money to spare from the kids lol.

Lots of my friends still live with their Parents too, it's crazy how expensive everything is, cannot afford it on a single wage. The only people who have moved out are people with G/Fs and they can split the bills, but I don't want a G/F because Iv#e had that experience in the past and it was too much effort.

Only option I have is to go back to college to try and learn something that will make me more money. Went into building stage lighting for no reason what so ever, other than I fluked an interview and have been doing it for years now, the boss wont up my pay so got no choice.

Dunno how much Americans pay for Petrol but I know you pay per Gallon and we pay per litre at near £1.40 per Litre now, which is $2.2 so that would be basically $10 per gallon. Frigging getting to work each month costs me £200 on my £860 min wage pay and then it's like another £150 for food and £75 for insurance for my Bike each month. Then it's like £35 a month for mobile bill and £30 for internet and I've not got enough to even rent a place and no one will give me a mortgage. 

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by Aelfinn

In that case, isn't it *tradition* for the bride's father to foot the bill?

Twenty-five to file at the county for me. My wife did not care for one - her mom did. Guess what? It's not your relative's marriage so they have absolutely no say unless they wish to foot the bill, as said above.

• LeegOfChldrnLeegOfChldrn Member Posts: 364

I'm not sure what to make of this thread.

I guess the person is happy? In my mind, I can only think "Uh...idk?" because there are millions of people who earn significantly more, billions who earn significantly less, and I myself would feel awkward if I were to brag about the said above wages since I make more by myself than they do combined, working probably 1/4th the hours?

And I don't even feel I make enough, lol.

Where are the rest of the bills? Taxes, Food Cost, Cost of Living, Gas Mileage, Electric Bill, Gas Bill, Water Bill, Bill Bills, Health Insurance, etc. etc.???

What about the cost of owning an expensive car (even a cheap car is expensive)? Cost of buying furniture? Repair Bills? Car Maintenance? Cost of having to buy appliances? Hire technicians to fix problems? Idk, it just seems like a ton is missing. Perhaps they have not yet moved in together, lived alone, or gotten on with life and its never-ending bills?

Rent, Car Insurance, Cell Phone? This sounds like the bills of someone who lives in a dorm or with their parents, lol.  Where are the real bills???

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492

yeah Im not sure the purpose of this thread either. I make $15 an hour, yet dont stop and tell people on the street. Good to see you can live a stable life but keep in mind not everyone is as fortunate so posting a thread just to remind everyone of your just-above-teenage-salary existence isnt really necessary

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

I'm 31 live at home, no cell phone, no car, don't pay for internet, no girlfriend, no facebook, but I have a job and make a fuck-ton of money.  =D