Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Totalbiscuit: Thief Gameplay & DEs (2nd Press Beta)

2»

Comments

• Originally posted by Qurell

Have i missunderstod something here. He talks about a event in the beginning but is working on a renown heart. Isn't the heart quest only progressed by the players own actions? He mentions that more players in the area would affect his advancement of the quest but as far as i know thats only for the dynamic events.

Yeah he and a lot of the press have mixed up Renown Hearts and DEs - they are different things - you are not mistaken:)

I think that's one of the good things to come out in these videos - it is all flowing real well between things - which when actually playing it as a game you want - but when reviewing it makes it difficult to explain which parts are which.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

I really liked this video :).  TB seems really psyched for the game.  I know I've been really critical over the cash shop recently, but watching this video reminded me why GW2 is so exciting.

So, gripes with the cash shop not-withstanding, I am still really psyched for GW2 :).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by freston

Has anyone noticed that at some moment he meets one of the Yocast guys in the Charr event? (The necro chick called Xephos) And they dont recognize each other. Or act as if they dont....

Yeah he did. When he first encountered him in the video he said something along the lines of "Hello Lewis" in the video. Hard to say if they actually interacted in game. Would be interesting to see one where they did. I got a kick out of the Magicka ones they did together.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by Creslin321

So, gripes with the cash shop not-withstanding, I am still really psyched for GW2 :).

Yep, this pretty much sums up my sentiment as well.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

I agree with both of you.  What I don't understand, however, is why people defend the cash shop so much when there are so many better things about the game to point towards.  It would make much more sense to me to say something along the lines of "yeah some of the things in the cs I'm not to fond of, but the game looks damn good."  Instead there is a defense of the cs like I have never seen for any other game.

• toodlepip123toodlepip123 Member Posts: 125

I'll pass. Im not interested in what a self confessed hardcore GW fanboi has to say. Especially one that isnt any good at all in any game that he plays.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by toodlepip123

I'll pass. Im not interested in what a self confessed hardcore GW fanboi has to say. Especially one that isnt any good at all in any game that he plays.

He said he played only very little of Guild Wars, but if you feel going into hyperbolical rage mode I won't stop you.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Some things are just going to be one epic adventure, GW2 will be one of those.

The more you watch it the better it gets.

Will it be perfect ? a 10/10 ? no i think not, but it will take a very very long time before we get to play something as good as this.

• Rhianni32Rhianni32 Member Posts: 222

The main point I got from the Totalbiscuit is that he had fun. Bugs, controls, polish, etc are going to be a problem but fixable later on. The core concepts of the game that will not change are fun to him. Thats something I think a lot of us as gamers need to consider when we evaluate a game.  I am glad he realized the difference between what might be fixed later and what the game is.

1: The zoom out of the map impressed me. In that area where 3 DEs in a very small area vs that brown area as a whole vs what was visible on the world map.

2: It gives the feel an online world not a single player game where you see other people. YES. Personally I have been waiting a long time for this.

• Rhianni32Rhianni32 Member Posts: 222

Originally posted by niceguy3978

I agree with both of you.  What I don't understand, however, is why people defend the cash shop so much when there are so many better things about the game to point towards.  It would make much more sense to me to say something along the lines of "yeah some of the things in the cs I'm not to fond of, but the game looks damn good."  Instead there is a defense of the cs like I have never seen for any other game.

I dont personally care about the cash shop but I defend it for the choice of players to play how they want and not have 1 group of players dictate how a genre of millions of players should act.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Originally posted by niceguy3978

This is the line that keeps ringing in my head whenever I think the cash shop is unfair; "You can buy gems with gold" and then I'm left with nothing to say but ...........

This is not a game.

• toodlepip123toodlepip123 Member Posts: 125

Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by toodlepip123

He said he played only very little of Guild Wars, but if you feel going into hyperbolical rage mode I won't stop you.

In the past he's stated he was a very big fan of GW, and also couldnt wait for the release of GW2. Helps if you actually knew what you were talking about .