Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you turn off the supress pain FX?

trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

I just got it for my MM, but the trouble is, the graphics surround the character with a swirling globe,  which makes things blurry, but more importantly, makes my eyes water.

There doesn't seem to be a no FX option in the tailor screen. Anything else to turn off these graphics? The one for the Shield Generator doesn't bother me, but that doesn't swirl nearly as much...

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Originally posted by trancejeremy

I just got it for my MM, but the trouble is, the graphics surround the character with a swirling globe,  which makes things blurry, but more importantly, makes my eyes water.

There doesn't seem to be a no FX option in the tailor screen. Anything else to turn off these graphics? The one for the Shield Generator doesn't bother me, but that doesn't swirl nearly as much...

IIRC there is some settings file you can much around with. It will suppress all the FX's though. Your best course of action would be to either color it a very bright or dark color as this can ease the problem and then simply tell the devs that you have this problem. Many effects have been tweaked before due to causing problems for players, make a thread on the oifficial forum if you have not and see if more people have this problem.

This have been a good conversation

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Unfortunately, I can't post on the official forums - they log me out before I can do anything. I mentioned it to them in the Facebook Q&A section but they ignored me...

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

There is a way, it's /suppressCloseFxDist ## (I use 25 if I remember correctly), it helped alot on my /dark armor toons.