Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Totalbiscuit: Thief Gameplay & DEs (2nd Press Beta)

komobokomobo Member Posts: 144

34 minutes worth of live commentary by Totalbiscuit, sharing his thoughts on the Thief class and Dynamic Events during the second press beta that just ended.

Totalbiscuit: Thief Gameplay and Dynamic Events

Enjoy

* Waves at Pushkina *

Comments

• AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 334

Graphics look average to me but it certainly shines in gameplay. Nice dynamic event.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Great video, it really make me want to play this game, those DE are really really nice.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Its fun that while still being critical, yes he is, he still loves the game... and so far i fully agree with most his criticismelike partical effects and in this video, how Dynamic events give to much information in the numbers.

Its not all going to be perfect, but its going to be fun.

Most noticable from this video : " The game seems far from done, there needs an awfull lot of pollishing to be done"

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• jblahjblah Member UncommonPosts: 368

Combat looks like a lot of fun in this video. The dynamic events look like a mix between Warhammer public quests and the "defend the position" parts remind me of Rifts invasions. Dynamic content is really fun and I am glad they are using this idea. 

The graphics seem fine to me although the UI reminds me of Diablo or Torchlight which is simple and easy to use still a good design. What impressed me the most was all of the objects that you could interact with not just the ones from the public quest or dynamic event that is being shown. 

Looks like fun 

Playing- Guild Wars 2, SWTOR
    SWTOR Referral Link Get a free Server Transfer and lots of other free stuff for your SWTOR account! Works for both new and previous players.

• GWFandaddyGWFandaddy Member Posts: 180

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Most noticable from this video : " The game seems far from done, there needs an awfull lot of pollishing to be done"

I could be wrong, but, my impression was that he was specifically talking about graphics, and not overall game polish.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Fun video, long way to go. Well, long is relative when you've been waiting ofr years.

imageimage
  • UOvetUOvet Member Posts: 514

Originally posted by Brewsir

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I could be wrong, but, my impression was that he was specifically talking about graphics, and not overall game polish.

He's talking about the game in general. He also mentioned, which a lot of people didn't seem to notice, was that the graphics improved slightly since last beta. Reality is this game is likely 4-5 months from release so they have time to fix things.

This is fine by me. It gives people a chance to see if TSW is any good, and gives me time to get some money for a new pc build involving the new Kepler cards.

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

The amount of polish the game needs would not take very long, honestly. Graphical polish and general bug fixes are the last things done before launching a game. Every single core system is in place. Every class and even every race is implemented and working. The starting areas for asura and sylvari are not ready to be shown, but the core systems behind them are fully functional. Make no mistake, these beta events are for two purposes: stress tests and showing off the game. It's a demo now, and it'll be a public demo in one month from now.

At this point it's just a matter of them churning it all out.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• ValefanValefan Member Posts: 15

Honestly I've never really cared about watching gameplay videos of GW2 (or any upcoming game). Reading info and peaking at some additional screenshots every once in a while is enough to keep my hype on. Watching gameplay videos is like someone ripping my own personal first-impressions of the game.

Am i a hero? Well, i don't think Churchill, Perseus or Batman thought of themselves as heroes.. But yes.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

Originally posted by Valefan

Honestly I've never really cared about watching gameplay videos of GW2 (or any upcoming game). Reading info and peaking at some additional screenshots every once in a while is enough to keep my hype on. Watching gameplay videos is like someone ripping my own personal first-impressions of the game.

ugh, i know right? i tried to do that, but i can't help myself. do want. so much... :( to this end i have avoided all the starter area videos and overviews.

• EvilestTwinEvilestTwin Member Posts: 286

This is one of the best GW2 vids yet.   It really gives a more in depth look at the DE system, and so far, it looks like it's living up to A-net's promises.   

• Marchosias13Marchosias13 Member Posts: 6

LMAO

Lets see if the rabbit is immune to grenades.........

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess not....

Epic lmao!

Whatever happened to the IN BIOWARE WE TRUST signatures?

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

IDK, I can think back now and recall I may have saved myself about $1000 bucks at this point and god knows how many hours of my time by watching some of these videos.

People don't like TB, but one thing is for sure, he sometimes upsells a game, but as I watch it I say, to each his own. Because his perspective is that of a gamer. CGI and trailers never once sold me or dissuaded me from a game. But game play is hard to market and harder yet to kill what it is I want from a game.

May be the reason why so many devs were all for the bill to regulate the internet.

• komobokomobo Member Posts: 144

Originally posted by Bunks

IDK, I can think back now and recall I may have saved myself about $1000 bucks at this point and god knows how many hours of my time by watching some of these videos.

People don't like TB, but one thing is for sure, he sometimes upsells a game, but as I watch it I say, to each his own. Because his perspective is that of a gamer. CGI and trailers never once sold me or dissuaded me from a game. But game play is hard to market and harder yet to kill what it is I want from a game.

May be the reason why so many devs were all for the bill to regulate the internet.

To me, watching beta footage in no way takes away from the experience i might have when actually playing the game by myself. If anything, as Bunks posts, it may reaffirm/disaffirm any preconceived expectations and be the very reason for me deciding on buying the game or not.

Same applies to Betas - the amount of money participating in a Beta has saved me is impressive :) After all, Betas are works in progress and may very much end up being totally revamped in the final product and no one is forcing you to read/listen to the voice-overs or to play through your Personal Story.

* Waves at Pushkina *

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

So how do you know you like the vibe of the game at all?

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Nothing wrong with that if you can afford to drop $60 on a game and if it sucks not worry about it.

For some of us though each game we buy has to count. I cant afford to drop $60 on a game and if it sucks turn around and drop another $60 in a week or two for another I "hope" to enjoy. That said I'm generally carefull about what video's I watch of an MMO. I want to see some gameplay but I definitly dont want to see starter areas or personal quests. So far I have enjoyed TB's videos. None have really been spoilers except an explored jumping puzzle area and even then he really doesnt say where he is. The most recent video did a wonderfull job of showing a dynamic event and thief gameplay in a way that really couldnt spoil anything beyond that one dynamic event. Mid 20's general gameplay in a game with 80 levels is perfect for what I want to know.

Oh and that whole rabbit thing was worth the watch in itself lol.

• QurellQurell Member Posts: 41

Have i missunderstod something here. He talks about a event in the beginning but is working on a renown heart. Isn't the heart quest only progressed by the players own actions? He mentions that more players in the area would affect his advancement of the quest but as far as i know thats only for the dynamic events.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Originally posted by komobo

34 minutes worth of live commentary by Totalbiscuit, sharing his thoughts on the Thief class and Dynamic Events during the second press beta that just ended.

Enjoy

Seems pretty boring...

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• DarknezzzzDarknezzzz Member Posts: 82

I honestly tried to do the same. But it didn't work out for me :( I felt such a big hype about this game within myself, that I had to watch the videos and all that stuff. Though not much, only TB ones. And, ocassinally, Yogscast. Was fun and worth every second ;) 

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Originally posted by sinjin

Enjoy

Seems pretty boring...

The words are more important than the pictures.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

This video is mislabeled really. The title should read "How Totalbiscuit feels about DE and a little thief gameplay."

April 10 can not come soon enough. Then beta weekends some time after that!

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• komobokomobo Member Posts: 144

Enjoy

Seems pretty boring...

I'm sorry you feel like that. I however was quite entertained.

Funny how stuff works out sometimes :)

* Waves at Pushkina *

• DarknezzzzDarknezzzz Member Posts: 82

Enjoy

Seems pretty boring...

I'm sorry you feel like that. I however was quite entertained.

Funny how stuff works out sometimes :)

I was quite entertained aswell, chap) 

Waiting for the other portion, about which he spoke in the end of the first video. It was quite informational and very fun) The "is that rabit vurnerable to bombs?" or just simply "Hi there Lewis, how are you doing today?" jokes :D 

Also good to hear that a guy like Total Biscuit enjoys this game. For me it's a sign that I will like that game aswell. 

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

I love his commentaries..  So far the only commentary I enjoy.  Yog-whatever I find incredibly annoying and a few others were just too geeky for my taste.  Totalbiscuit knows how to be charming and entertaining.

.... and dam him... seeing some thief action has me torn again of what class to play.  Well at least my first two or three.

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Has anyone noticed that at some moment he meets one of the Yocast guys in the Charr event? (The necro chick called Xephos) And they dont recognize each other. Or act as if they dont....