Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

First negative preview of GW2?

12346»

Comments

• RizelStarRizelStar Raleigh, NCPosts: 2,773Member

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Besides the "been there - done that" complaint which while valid can essentially sum up every mmo to an extent seems like the writer's other major complaint was it played more like an actual mmo instead of a single player game unlike some others games of late.

Which...well...lols

Lol that's what I said to my self reading the reviewer.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• dinamsdinams Muriae, VAPosts: 1,362Member

Like I said...

nah, gotta give up, else I get called as I fanboy and all my arguments are invalid therefore

You know what, this genre needs to die for some time, indepedent of GW2 or not, it needs to die, mostly to cleanse its player population

My theory that the problem with mmos nowadays is actually with us, the players, is coming into fruition

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• Eir_SEir_S Argyle, NYPosts: 4,623Member

Originally posted by dinams

Every game is going to have a bad review, theres no such a thing as being loved by everybody

Now the problem is when people go all "SEE, THIS GAME SUCKS!", when a single review pops up lol

You can bet people will link back to it when all the positive reviews come out.  It happens with a lot of MMOs.

• dinamsdinams Muriae, VAPosts: 1,362Member

Originally posted by Eir_S

Every game is going to have a bad review, theres no such a thing as being loved by everybody

Now the problem is when people go all "SEE, THIS GAME SUCKS!", when a single review pops up lol

You can bet people will link back to it when all the positive reviews come out.  It happens with a lot of MMOs.

Its a big cycle, anyone that followed mmorpg in a year would know this

A game is hyped to the heavens, people that dont like get flamed by people that like, once reviews starts coming out, the flamed people strikes back with every negative review, people that like will fight back with every positive reviews, the game comes out, people that like plays it, people that hate it bash it, next great game nears completion, cycle resets...

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• DistopiaDistopia Baltimore, MDPosts: 16,912Member Uncommon

I'd say it's a vicious cycle, but yep, sad but true.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason- Me

• dimasokdimasok toronto, ONPosts: 189Member

A game is hyped to the heavens, people that dont like get flamed by people that like, once reviews starts coming out, the flamed people strikes back with every negative review, people that like will fight back with every positive reviews, the game comes out, people that like plays it, people that hate it bash it, next great game nears completion, cycle resets...

So you've basically said that people need something to talk about before it actually comes out and they decide whether they should stay involved or forget and move on  :)

12346»
This discussion has been closed.