Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New EVE drama

Comments

• ProfGetzProfGetz Member UncommonPosts: 182

Originally posted by HTdebuglach

Originally posted by GetzMango

omg get over it, it is not like he told people his personal information, as a former member of GSF, all I have to say you all are pretty clueless about this game and carebears.

When you have nothing to contribute, it's always best to attack the person?

Have you ever played EvE? Do you know anything about the Goons? I would bet all my plex that the goons are laughing about this in mumble right now, it does not bother them one bit nor should it bother you.

It does not matter one way or another if I have played Eve or not. It also does not matter if I know them or if  Goons are laughing. What does matter is the topic at hand. Please try to keep up.

Again what he said does not bother me, if it bothers you then deal with it or quit babbling about it.

It does not matter of it bothers you, it was a wrong action, and should be delt with by CCP.  Don't lke it? YOU deal with it.

I am not the one whinning here like a carebear, and I don't think it was wrong, if you want to tell The Mittani that you are thinking about commiting suicide then you probably deserve the trolling

Ah, more personal attacks. Well done sir, you loose. You have offered notihng to convice anyone here that this action is in any way justified. 

Every MMORPG is AWESOME, until it's released!
    I don't want a game so much as I want a WORLD!
    --
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

• FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819

Originally posted by Voiidiin

Originally posted by Faelan

The EVE community is very hit and miss IMHO. There are some truly awesome people playing EVE and there are some really big stinkers that should have their net access removed from their caves. It may very well just be some half-assed semi-internal nerd joke that came across wrong and was misunderstood by the general pubic, but if it is true, then I think CCP should strip him of his CSM position.

He does not have a CSM position he is elected by the player community to represent them at certain dev summits and other crap like that.

Eh - what? He is the CSM chairman.

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• HTdebuglachHTdebuglach Member Posts: 36

omg get over it, it is not like he told people his personal information, as a former member of GSF, all I have to say you all are pretty clueless about this game and carebears.

Have you ever played EvE? Do you know anything about the Goons? I would bet all my plex that the goons are laughing about this in mumble right now, it does not bother them one bit nor should it bother you.

It does not matter one way or another if I have played Eve or not. It also does not matter if I know them or if  Goons are laughing. What does matter is the topic at hand. Please try to keep up.

Again what he said does not bother me, if it bothers you then deal with it or quit babbling about it.

It does not matter of it bothers you, it was a wrong action, and should be delt with by CCP.  Don't lke it? YOU deal with it.

I am not the one whinning here like a carebear, and I don't think it was wrong, if you want to tell The Mittani that you are thinking about commiting suicide then you probably deserve the trolling

Ah, more personal attacks. Well done sir, you loose. You have offered notihng to convice anyone here that this action is in any way justified. 

I love how people that have no clue about EvE just hop on a bandwagon to start bashing which is about you you have contributed.

The EVE community is very hit and miss IMHO. There are some truly awesome people playing EVE and there are some really big stinkers that should have their net access removed from their caves. It may very well just be some half-assed semi-internal nerd joke that came across wrong and was misunderstood by the general pubic, but if it is true, then I think CCP should strip him of his CSM position.

He does not have a CSM position he is elected by the player community to represent them at certain dev summits and other crap like that.

Eh - what? He is the CSM chairman.

oops misread that. comment removed

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

[mod edit]

Dunno man... been playing on and off since closed beta. I think I got a pretty good idea what the game is about. Blowing people up? Sure. Trash talking? Sure. Talking your corp or alliance mates into bullying someone? Sure. Going so far as to post his name and chat logs on a forum? A little distasteful, but yeah - if he sounds like a complete tard. Doing the same while being broadcast to thousands of people and being a representative of the playerbase a the same time? Sorry mate, not acceptable.

The guys ingame name... If you tell the leader of the trollarmy in EVE that you are suicidal and then just believes its going to end well I think you ought to rethink a thing or two. + I guess Mittani was drunk at that time.[mod edit]

• ProfGetzProfGetz Member UncommonPosts: 182

I love how people that have no clue about EvE just hop on a bandwagon to start bashing which is about you you have contributed.

My knowledge of Eve is not relavent here. Nice try though.  You have notihng to contribut to the topic, so i'm done with you.  You could try calling us all  carebears again, that might work.

Every MMORPG is AWESOME, until it's released!
    I don't want a game so much as I want a WORLD!
    --
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

Originally posted by Kuro1n

Dunno man... been playing on and off since closed beta. I think I got a pretty good idea what the game is about. Blowing people up? Sure. Trash talking? Sure. Talking your corp or alliance mates into bullying someone? Sure. Going so far as to post his name and chat logs on a forum? A little distasteful, but yeah - if he sounds like a complete tard. Doing the same while being broadcast to thousands of people and being a representative of the playerbase a the same time? Sorry mate, not acceptable.

The guys ingame name... If you tell the leader of the trollarmy in EVE that you are suicidal and then just believes its going to end well I think you ought to rethink a thing or two. + I guess Mittani was drunk at that time. Awesome sensationalism all of this I've got to say. ; )

Exactly and if it is who I think it is, this is a major Troll by Mittani

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

This is the real world, not an in game democracy, CCP will look at the clusterfuck of him inciting the harassment of a suicidal man from their public platform and if they have any decency will drop him faster than light.
  • maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

Never fly anything in Eve that you can't afford to lose and that includes your peace of mind.  Psychological warfare is a part of the game and if you are having a bad day or are feeling emotionally vulnerable, DO NOT LOG IN. 

(disclaimer: that is not the sort of community of gamers I want to be a part of, but I respect that it is what it is)

My knowledge of Eve is not relavent here. Nice try though.  You have notihng to contribut to the topic, so i'm done with you.  You could try calling us all  carebears again, that might work.

and you contributed what in that statement?? 

• Jerek_Jerek_ Member Posts: 409

This doesnt have anything to do with EVE, or how cool you think the goons are, or anyone being carebears.  Its about a guy who represents the community acting like an ignorant douchebag. 

Originally posted by Jerek_

This doesnt have anything to do with EVE, or how cool you think the goons are, or anyone being carebears.  Its about a guy who represents the community acting like an ignorant douchebag. 

Or trolling everyone, hummm would Mittani do that...................................

• Jerek_Jerek_ Member Posts: 409

Or trolling everyone, hummm would Mittani do that...................................

is that not the same thing?

is that not the same thing?

no, not if that person is actually in on it

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

You don't need to know anything about Eve to know that its just wrong to go to a public forum and ridicule someone because he/she wants to suicide and then tell everyone to go and write to the person telling them to go on with it.

If you don't understand why that is wrong you should look at your moral values and question what is right and wrong.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Please remain on topic in the thread. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• Pk4UPk4U Member Posts: 127

I just wonder what the end result will be.

This doesn't seem like an issue the would require a long investigation, considering it was all on tape, and happened a couple days ago.

I don't think I'll be trying any of CCPs future games unless there is a pretty strong action taken on their part.

I used to play Eve and yeah, its hardcore. But this is way, way over the line.

Originally posted by Pk4U

This doesn't seem like an issue the would require a long investigation, considering it was all on tape, and happened a couple days ago.

I don't think I'll be trying any of CCPs future games unless there is a pretty strong action taken on their part.

If it is even a real thing and not just Mittani and the goons trolling (as usual). lol

If it is even a real thing and not just Mittani and the goons trolling (as usual). lol

Even if it is all made up it reflects very badly on CCP, if someone else from the game dies as a result of "making harassment acceptable" then it still falls on CCP and Mittani

Originally posted by RefMinor

Even if it is all made up it reflects very badly on CCP, if someone else from the game dies as a result of "making harassment acceptable" then it still falls on CCP and Mittani
    [Mod Edit]
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

See, that's when a company has to step up and immediately crush the guy, rather than "investigate".

Acting like he did ingame, fine, sure. But out here? Hell no.

• Pk4UPk4U Member Posts: 127

Originally posted by HTdebuglach[mod edit]

If it was just about mocking stupid people this wouldn't be an issue.

But actively trying to get someone to end their life? Encouraging a large group of people to do the same? On a broadcast event?

It is just wrong.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

Depression is recognized as a mental illness and does not make someone who is suicidal "Stupid".

[Mod Edit]

Lolipops !

That is really broken logic, CCP is investigating it. What else would you want them to do? They are not there in order to keep depressed gamers alive even if they are making a try. If something they are working against harassement very well by investingating. How is Mittani even remotely connected to another case that could potentially happen, if this turns out to be a big case of goonswarm trolling?

Depression is recognized as a mental illness and does not make someone who is suicidal "Stupid".

[Mod Edit]
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Its sad really. There are people in this world that don't understand simple right from wrong and joke from reality. For some its just immaturity and they will eventually learn it, maybe the hard way. Unfortunately the way Eve works draws a lot of players like this and you see this showcased in this scenario.