Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall/AV Ban/Deleted toons My re-sub story

vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 418

So I Resubbed lastnight Thinking "hey ya know I miss DFO and kinda want to stick it out". And this is what i get

Not only banned but out 15$ and my 2 year old toon is GONE!.

Seems they started this new toon storage thing when you go un-sub. Well I re-subbed and went through the steps to "rename" my old toon since it seems after they store your toon they free up the name. Next I re-log and toons not there.....I wait a bit and try again nothing. I'm like ok w/e I'll wait an hour file a ticket and see what happens. After a few worthless reply's I come to find out I'm banned and that's it they just took my toon took my 15$  and just banned me to end the issue. Welcome to DF 2.0 Good Luck (AV). Just love they way AV shows how much they care for what little income they get not to mention more bad PR as if DFO needed anymore of that. So if you use to play DFO and were thinking of going back for ol' time's sake save your 15$ cause its not worth it.

Comments

• vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 418

update They have now given me two accnt bans and a forum ban after trying to ask around or find a answer on the public forums as i dont have a sub to post on the private ones because i'm banned......;. no crap really?

• CuathonCuathon Member Posts: 2,211

i would suggest not deserving a ban?

• wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172

As terrible as AV are, you are not telling the truth here, are you? Even for AV, I very much doubt you are able to subscribe when already banned, that would be illegal. I'm willing to bet that at the very least, you're messages to support went something along the lines of:

"OMFG AV YOU CNUTS WOT DA FUQ WER R MI CURCTR"

In which case, yes, you deserve a ban. Care to elaborate further, maybe including a little bit of truth this time?

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

I have followed DarkFall for years and even got to participate in the beta, which was extreamly dissapointing. I still read the forums often and watch videos. I just dont see the draw anymore. It's just not a good game imho. Hopefully they can somehow get things together...... someday.

One can dream right?

• vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 418

actually your wrong. @wart

"

Conversation

removed name here

Posted On: 21 March 2012 17:01

so i resubbed today only to be asked to rename my toon so i did and goto login and ITS! GONE my toon is not there with the new name or the old what the hell is going on. new name was Saville***** or something like that the old name was Shadow****** any help would be great.

last names and realnames changed for obvious reasons. so i said hell OMG GTFO wow i said hell they should ban me for that.......come on AV is known for Fail besides this is so lame im not sure i could make it up.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

They bann accounts for hacks and  selling accounts. At least one thing AV makes right.  Did you used 3party software ? Did you shared your password in the past ?  Did you used your billing info on another  account in which you was hacking ? Did your selled or bought any account in the past ?  or used your billing info on some other account ?

Restoring  your toon requires time (depending on the technically issues up to 2 -3 weeks) but in no way leads to a ban. Happens to a lot of peeps i know that they had to wait but no one of them was ever banned. 

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• ItinerantItinerant Member UncommonPosts: 89

I actually believe VonRyan.

(my experience repost)

I went to resub the other day, after a few months of break.

I went to the account page, put in my credit card info, and then to the store page to resub. On the store page, it said 14.99 for a month, and below that said $0.00 for 14 day trial.

I figured they were doing some sort of "Return to Darkfall" thing, and was happy to get back ingame, without a full commitment. If things went well, I found some friends to hang with and such, then I would stay subbed.

That evening, I went to the forums and talked about how it was a good thing, and they should advertise more if they are gonna give out free 14 days to returning players.

My forums account was promptly closed, post deleted, and the horrible volunteer moderator escalated my forum post to the GM/Devs. My account was then closed.

I recieved no e-mail, forum message, and I can't log into the game to discuss thier attrocious customer service, without subbing to the game.

I next removed my credit card info back off my account page, uninstalled the game, and I am done with AV. I played the game from EU launch, thru a transfer and on NA for over a year. Thats 2+ years of subscription fees, and never a single infraction on my account for doing anything shadey. Im not looking for a free game, and was planning to sub initially.

This was a very fast reminder of reasons I left the game months ago.

Thier ship is sinking, and they are still attacking the returning customers on various levels, as if they have some population to fall back on. 

• DevokanDevokan Member Posts: 29

You can get banned for many things very easily.

For example you logged in from another IP they will ban you.  They want to know if you start to play from another IP adress and will have to validate that you are you.  if you used any hack they find out they seem to be very good at that. 

Macroing is allowed till some extend macros for keybindings are allowed but nothing gameplay related to get an advantage.

Afk swimming and stuff to gain skills is also banable.

If you do anything against the rules it can take a month before you are actually banned since they ban in waves.

I am playing this game now for a very long time and still having alot of fun but i suggest everyone to wait for darkfall 2.0 wich should be out this year and sounds promising if they can deliver.

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484

Break rules, gets banned... strange concept.

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

I typed in vonryan123 and Darkfall into Google and oh look at that.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by Omali

HA!

I read the entire thread not really expecting much and seeing a couple people apparently banned for doing nothing wrong and then this popped up.  Made my morning.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

Unbelieveable i dont want to flame cus it is against the rules of this board but if OP really did that and then whines at THEIR customer support , spamS messages on the darkfall forum and even come to this site to show his hate about AV he must be completely braindead...

Seriously some people expect they can do everything they want but  when it does not work in there favor everyone else except himself is to blame.

You can say alot of crap about Aventurine but their banning of people doing stuff against the rules is really the best ive seen in any company. 

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

Google WIN !

I think i will do that from now on when someone complains about getting banned in a game.

Lolipops !

• ZoobiZoobi Member UncommonPosts: 115

I dub thee Omali .. TROLLSLAYER!

Good catch, matey haha!

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

I believe what the op is saying might be correct.

why??

Because in all these years of Darkfall history everything they say or do is just bull, they release an unfinished 20 years old animations and 10 year old graphics game, with no ambient sound...and the sounds that do exist seem like they are out of a 8 bit arcade game, they cannot fix the problems in terms of gameplay, hacks etc...they are just a bunch of amateurs and they dont even try to learn.

Just like Mortal online developers...its a shame that games like this come out to the public and there isnt someone regulating the quality of the games before they come out to the public.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Pocahinha

why??
     Because in all these years of Darkfall history everything they say or do is just bull, they release an unfinished 20 years old animations and 10 year old graphics game, with no ambient sound...and the sounds that do exist seem like they are out of a 8 bit arcade game, they cannot fix the problems in terms of gameplay, hacks etc...they are just a bunch of amateurs and they dont even try to learn.

Just like Mortal online developers...its a shame that games like this come out to the public and there isnt someone regulating the quality of the games before they come out to the public.

Just lol, did you even look at the evidence where he had posted his accounts for sale, or is your hatred of MO so great you want to hijack a thread.
  • VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

why??

ROFL seriously scroll up and read Omali's post.... take a minute to at least glace at the thread.

Lolipops !

Originally posted by Voiidiin

why??

ROFL seriously scroll up and read Omali's post.... take a minute to at least glace at the thread.

Why would he do that?  hate + flame is the way to go in the mmorpg community.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

Originally posted by wartyxwt

"OMFG AV YOU CNUTS WOT DA FUQ WER R MI CURCTR"

Looks like the above quoted text is very close to the truth according to the closed post on AV's forums. 

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=313985

What I would like to know is how long it takes for a character to go into storage.  I have been wanting a name change forever.

EDIT: lol @ google find - selling accounts is bannable too

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i always thought Dark fall subscription was like 6 bucks a month... thats one bad game to be charging 15

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Just wow !

this case closed. 

I can't support DF because of the direction of their development but they are spot on and very good on to ban hacker/payed accounts.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Smokednext.com

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• BoA*BoA* Member UncommonPosts: 159

I like how OPs nowhere to be found now. WAY TO GO GOOGLE!

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Hahaha BUSTED!!!

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

This discussion has been closed.